Mr. Green Gaming

Gameplay thoughts

Ywa

Duby and I had a little talk about an idea of mine in order to make the gameplay easier to understand and a bit more fun in general (also for regulars).

In my opinion it's unnecessary to have both G4K and Supply Crates. So I propose the following changes:

- Supply Crates are replaced with 1-2 (more) random placed Mobile Supplies. These are unclaimed. Players can look for them during the preparation (+ game) time and claim it. People who spawn with Mobile Supplies (as part of their loadout) can place theirs as normal.

- Claimed Mobile Supplies can be moved by the owner. And the owner earns SP when people use them.

- Once the owner dies, the Mobile Supply can be claimed by someone else. (same as it already is)

- Weapon upgrades are automatically received based on SP. (much like G4K) This should also make it more runner friendly.

Optional:

- Return the 'ammo timer' so people can run more easily. HP recover still requires a Mobile Crate.

- There might be a limit on maximum of claimed crates per player. To prevent 1 player having all the crates.

What are your thoughts? :)

Everything atm is going pretty smoothly, you really wanna risk it like in the past and maybe have like another 3 months with a really low player count? I think we should fix the small things before trying to do this

If the general audience and regulars would like the changes, then it doesn't have to result in low player counts.

Most of the regulars are just slowly coming back and the general audience isn't stable enough yet to accustom to a big change, one of the reasons we have had alot of low player counts is because just when people are starting to get accustomed to the server a big change hits and flips everything up side down, people don't like that, they want stability

And also every time big update hits it brings shitload of small bugs and errors which even more makes people get away from the server

Edited by Reiska
  • Greens

This situation would be done and tested properly. But you have to understand that yes me and you understand it. But how often does someone say 'How do I use my SP and what does this crate thing do?'

Also it would make the game a little more interesting I think. Crate placement issues would be non existent. 

But this is all still up for debate. :)

I'm kinda iffy about ammo regen, seeing as not only would this help runners, but caders could infinitely keep receiving ammo with almost no chance of needing to run to a crate, I like the other ideas however, but it'd probably be best to wait before doing any big changes when the playercount resurfaces

• Greens

I'd like to see the change. It will add flexibility to cading with the ability to put a crate wherever you want. Would the crates be able to be destroyed?

As they are now. So yes, you can break them. (Five hits with a normal zombie.)

I'd like to see the change. It will add flexibility to cading with the ability to put a crate wherever you want. Would the crates be able to be destroyed?

So would that mean zombies would be able to destroy all the crates? what kind of madness that be  

So would that mean zombies would be able to destroy all the crates? what kind of madness that be
I personally would disable the ability to destroy Mobile Supplies.

Would it be easiest to let the crates exist and give mobile supply ability to give guns too, that way it wouldn't confuse anyone and wouldn't feel like that big of an update, maybe it'd be even easier to make?

and maybe add couple on random mobile supply's in the map so people can claim them

And if that goes well remove crates totally if needed.

Edited by Reiska

Would it be easiest to let the crates exist and give mobile supply ability to give guns too, that way it wouldn't confuse anyone and wouldn't feel like that big of an update, maybe it'd be even easier to make?

and maybe add couple on random mobile supply's in the map so people can claim them

This would be good to help ease the players into the update. I worry if having static and moving weapon crates will be too much and make the humans too OP. Maybe only one static weapon crate will spawn?

That wouldn't work. The main thing is that we/I want to only give weapons based on the SP (like G4K). Adding a third way (mobile supplies) will only confuse people more.

You are really only giving the player one more tool, a portable weapons (G4K) crate. The static weapons creates are still there. I think that the mobile supplies (ammo and health) should stay as is since ammo is not very plentiful.

But how would that be a good temporary solution if the begin situation isn't like that nor will the future situation be?

Indeed this makes ZS go, somewhat, back to basics. But it allows us to also give runners more possibilities and build further on that. Sure the crate adds an extra objective, which I liked. But adding G4K (which I was against) plus keeping the crate doesn't make sense to me. So that's why I'm proposing this shift.

'SP for kills' why? Using kills is a far more effective way of achieving this then modifying the current system and probably will cause less issues in the long run.

Why would kills be better?

Ywa, when i started on my gamemode maybe a year ago you told me that you had no interest in another 'old zs remake' yet you're making it just like this. Think about what direction you want to go and think about fun things you can add to make it special instead of recycling old ideas and code.

We're changing our ZS. I just don't want to host 2 ZS servers that are like each other.

I bet it would be a huge mess if we started changing it now, I think the current crate system is fine, it gives one more objective to reach out for the crate through horde of zombies and doesn't make the game too easy, you actually have to work for your weapons

• Greens

Not to my knowledge.

Also gameplay is good atm but its too hard for people to grasp due to zs 3.0 and the shop. So we are in an endless loop atm of questions every game.

This SP for kills is far simpler and stops kill stealing, so noobs can get good weapons easily as well as regs. Also If you want to think about making this game simpler, then that is a good thing. Atm its all to complex to new people they get scared and leave. 

Well then we need bigger signs that says: CRATE GO AMMO WEAPONS HEALTH GO GO MONKEY

And every noob eventually gets better and better guns that's part of the gameplay, making everybody get good guns easily just puts the zombie team down and makes a whole lotta mess.

Edited by Reiska
  • Greens

True this is an option. But we have relied on crates for a long time and perhaps gameplay is a little stale in some respects. This could potentially make it a lot more fun.

I am taking a smaller back seat in this gameplay change as Ywa would like to code it up. So I expect it would be done with minimal bugs compared to me! ;) 

But remember that this is a discussion about a potential change.