Mr. Green Gaming

New mode: CarGame (Intro/suggestions)

yea i agree with the spawn time moro said... btw SDK please add them as 2 diff modes.

No, I think you should not replace but rather add it as another mode. Some people still like the old SH. But other than that great mode. It prevents camping and map escaping 

They are too similar to consider them different standalone gamemodes, remember there's a good amount of people who dislike SH and it wouldn't be fair to have double the play time on this gamemode. I believe the new gamemode is better in every aspect and will eventually replace old SH. But, for now, a good solution might be to vote before every round of SH to decide which gamemode to play, instead of the 50/50 chance. I think this was done when DD-NTS was introduced? Not sure, but still better than a randon number deciding for the players when everyone could easily vote.

I love the mod but i have to be honest. I don't get 1 kill/game on average what is really really annoying. Today i was at level 9 when i killed 2 and nothing happened. Please fix it someway.

Yes i agree.

At the moment it's the same kill detection as normal shooter, but for a gamemode that relies on it (instead of just for getting the kill) it's too buggy.

I am trying to get up with a better way as we speak.

No, I think you should not replace but rather add it as another mode. Some people still like the old SH. But other than that great mode. It prevents camping and map escaping 

No don't add it as another mode are you insane? Mix already has way too much SH going on in detriment to NTS.

50/50 is probably the best option. 50 old sh 50 cg

CarGame mode is definitely good thing, but only on big maps. On smaller one, like SH-Village, this mode cause huge mess and it's more of luck than skills to win this map. On the other hand the barriers outside the map don't matter at all so maps which were deleted because of escape may be brought again in CG mode only.

I think the mapmakers should have the possibility to choose whether they want to use classic, CG or both modes in their maps. This feature will allow to make more interesting maps, for example huge CG shooter where there will be enough space for everyone. If 8 players can fight freely on the map in 1/4 city size, so why 40 players couldn't do the same in the whole city territory? And it would definitely work as while in normal SH people try to avoid the fight to increase their chance to survive, in CG they behave opposite to get desired 10 kills.

Edited by KamilDragan

I changed some things.

• Players no longer get damage from anything other then explosions.
  • Vehicle explosions do not count as a kill anymore
  • Added a new html/css hud displaying level (this was more of a test, so if people lagg because of the browser, please report here.
  • Respawn time is now 3 seconds
  • Kill detection now looks at how much damage a player did, not what player hit last

And some additional bug fixes and intern changes.

I am forgetting some things, but i am half braindead because of the lack of sleep.

• 2 weeks later...

Also I have third bug, sometimes you get decreased by 2 Levels when someone kill you.

Also happens when you kill yourself.

Well, You get decreased 1 level if no one killed you. But what I meant is I get decreased by 2 levels when someone kill me.

Most bug have to do with the kill detection(same bug is in shooter too, but since the gamemode does not rely on kills it is much more unnoticeable).

Somehow the event does not catch all rocket damage.

I'll be doing some changes to level decreasing wich would hopefully fix losing levels, while trying to detect kmz better.

I'll merge this with the existing topic, in the right subforum.

Edited by KaliBwoy