Mr. Green Gaming

Classified Information: New 3.0 Zombie survival

Duby

• Greens

Lots of updates, here is the update log for the past 2 weeks or so. After a lot of testing we have really progressed, and I must say I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I just need to get our map list ready etc.. for a smooth release.

Contributors:
-Duby
-BrainDawg
-HowSuperTerrible
-AzoNa

-Added Dual classic pistols
-Added Freeman
-Added Etherial Zombie class
-Added Melee view punch
-Added Zombie view punch
-Added content into English Language files
-Added old Mr.Green Shoutbox
-Added Admin tags
-Added end game screen 'W.I.P'
-Added Freeman Crowbar
-Added mapvote files
-Added new Workshop Beta downloads
-Fix for Shade
-Fix for Lasthuman song
-Fix for Chem zombie not unlocking
-Fix for Etherial and Wraith shadow issues
-Fix for Katana world model
-Fix for Shovel world model
-Fix for Chipper kill icon
-Fix for Melee base script error
-Fix for Dual pistols model error
-Increased Dual pistols damage
-Lowered Howler scream damage
-Modded dice 'rtd' command code
-Fix for Seeker causing an invisible bug with other zombies after it
dies.
-Added C4 to Engineer class
-Added Death notice to C4
-tided up code in main server/client side files
-Increased normal zombie reach
-Fixed Frying pan world model not showing up
-Fixed Arena join messages being spammed
-Re-ordered some shop items
-Increased Vodka price to 60SP

Again thanks to all those helping with feedback and testing!

Guest F1MADKILLER
41 minutes ago, Duby said:

Lots of updates, here is the update log for the past 2 weeks or so. After a lot of testing we have really progressed, and I must say I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I just need to get our map list ready etc.. for a smooth release.

Contributors:
-Duby
-BrainDawg
-HowSuperTerrible
-AzoNa

-Added Dual classic pistols
-Added Freeman
-Added Etherial Zombie class
-Added Melee view punch
-Added Zombie view punch
-Added content into English Language files
-Added old Mr.Green Shoutbox
-Added Admin tags
-Added end game screen 'W.I.P'
-Added Freeman Crowbar
-Added mapvote files
-Added new Workshop Beta downloads
-Fix for Shade
-Fix for Lasthuman song
-Fix for Chem zombie not unlocking
-Fix for Etherial and Wraith shadow issues

-Fix for Katana world model
-Fix for Shovel world model
-Fix for Chipper kill icon
-Fix for Melee base script error
-Fix for Dual pistols model error
-Increased Dual pistols damage
-Lowered Howler scream damage
-Modded dice 'rtd' command code

-Fix for Seeker causing an invisible bug with other zombies after it
dies.

-Added C4 to Engineer class
-Added Death notice to C4
-tided up code in main server/client side files
-Increased normal zombie reach
-Fixed Frying pan world model not showing up
-Fixed Arena join messages being spammed
-Re-ordered some shop items
-Increased Vodka price to 60SP

Again thanks to all those helping with feedback and testing!

Good work and booo to vodka price incerease :) still can't wait for the next test Duby

• Greens

Yo what's up guys. Got the next ZS test candidate we are on ZS 3.0.1 Beta V8 ready for this Sunday. Here is a list of fixes and features included.

-Full Arena support 

-New Shotgun 'The Prototype

-Dice command fix

-End game screen completion with bug fixes (Still yet to implement the map vote as I want to keep the code clean for now while we test.)

-Hat shop (Just hats for now, but the potential for Perks and Suits is there, I can provide dummy fixes for those who want to add their own hat creations.)

-Fix for class spawn menu popping up during Arena spawn

-First Arena map created and ready to be tested

-Gas Grenade (Model by Braindawg, its pretty fucking awesome.)

Future implementations possible for the next test candidate:

-Zombine port

-Admin mod with proper game mode support

-Prox mines port

-Hate Boss Major bug being resolved

-Ravebreak

-Map vote

-Proper Class spawn menu (The current one is just a stand in for now.)

-Custom weapon models (For more interesting varieties)

That's the main bulk, but I expect a lot more will come over the next few days so keep and eye on the git hub change logs. :)  

• Greens

ZS_3.0.1_V8_Beta

Change Log:

-Fix Melee base console spam
-Fix Zombie base console spam
-Fix for plank World model being small
-Fixed and ported RaveBreak
-Fix for shovel death notice
-Fix for Dice command
-Fix for spawn menu appearing on Arena Mode

-Increased Dual Classics pistol damage 14 -> 15
-Increased Pulse Pistol damage 10 -> 12

-Added Grenade to the Tools base
-Added Prototype Shotgun to shop
-Added Greenpoint shop (Still W.I.P)
-Added map vote to end game screen (Still W.I.P)
-Added Credits for contributors
-Added Arena spawn music
-Added first new Arena map (Based on Fridge of Doom)

-Ported Mr.Green's Admin Mod
-Renamed a few things in the shop
-C4 can be planted faster

• Greens

Uuuuh don't know the IP of the server, just join with someone on your friends list,  generally every other Sunday.

ZS 3.0 has a big bug regarding crouch jumping, but due to the way the gameplay is played, you don't ever see it. But at Mr.Green obviously we are a special snow flake so its really obvious and bad. To the point where people get stuck in walls and ceilings. So I will be investigating it and trying to resolve that issue for the next Beta test...

• 2 weeks later...

Keep it up man.

I have high hopes on this, we got to test, suggest and contribute as much as possible in order for it to be a fun and balanced gamemode.

A man told me that nowadays the gmod playerbase is more focused on servers and gamemodes that are biased by famous youtubers (DarkRP, TTT). Back then before this celebrity 24/7 spewshit, ZS and IW were on its peak thanks to to half life veterans interess and source code players.

But I dont belive that shit, Mr.Green ZS comeback is possible and it can attract lots of players.

• Greens

Content for the next Beta test:

-Fixed Arena map

-Ported vote mute/gag/kick

-Ported Melon gun

-Ported Rave rifle

-Ported Remover tool

-Ported custom chat messages

-Spawn menu update (Very much W.I.P)

-Resolved some issues regarding players getting stuck

-Fixed Medkit starting power

-Added Medkit Charge bar

-Z time (slow mo affect which occurs 1 in every 12 times a zombie dies)

Other small changes:

-Moved main menu button from F1 to F3 'for humans' (temp due to vote mute system)

News:

Mr.Green will be launching with new and exclusive maps. Our map pack with contain maps than no other server has. This will boost the servers initial appeal on launch and give us a big head start.

I have Paid Stelk to make us one hell of a map called (Mr.Green's Asylum), I did some testing with him yesterday and this map is going to change how players play zs for sure, and increases the fun factor for zombies.

Our map pack will contain.

-Mr.Green's Asylum

-Mr.Green's Prison

-LightHouse (Updated by Stelk for ZS 3.0)

-ZA Fridge of Doom (re-made from scratch)

-ZA Caesium  

If you want to do some mapping, I advice doing something for Zombie Arena Mode, this sub game mode will be Mr.Green's trump card for giving players different kinds of maps to play. 

• Greens

Yes, I will be providing a Prototype map for Arena mode once we've released most likely and I'll provide full documentation for it all.

Oh Look silly me! I've inserted an image of the new loadout menu!

There is a spelling error because I've been coding for 3 1/2 hours straight xD

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/262708539613872247/6E89BE49D871FF04BBBD3900BE123EAB703BA230/

Edited by Duby
27 minutes ago, Duby said:

Yes, I will be providing a Prototype map for Arena mode once we've released most likely and I'll provide full documentation for it all.

Oh Look silly me! I've inserted an image of the new loadout menu!

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/262708539613872247/6E89BE49D871FF04BBBD3900BE123EAB703BA230/

Sweet, I might go make maps exclusively for Mr.Green ZS! I dont mind learning the howtos and such.

Looks pretty cool, I suggest that you add the weapon pictures next to the names, you know, the ones used in the killfeed.

And also correction: Loadout not lodout.

• Greens

If I say that then people would be able to get our maps. I expect eventually they will get them, but for a few weeks/months we would be the only server with them.

Also ZA is built into our game mode. So just playing the map would be pointless and boring/shite.

Ummm I will refine the menu some more and it should look very good I reckon. 

We are about 85% done with the game mode I'd say, it will just be a load of polishing. 

More suggestions I recommend

1. MR.GREEN STATS AND RANKING SYSTEM - Every player has its profile, from there you can see how many ZS/ZA rounds he won/lost, how many GC that person has, if he is linked to the forums, kills, assists, total playtime and the class progression on Humans and Zombies.You can also earn badges from getting honorable mentions. MAKE SURE THE DATABASE WONT BE LOST, JUST LIKE WHAT HAPPENED TO OLD VERSIONS OF IT

2. LINK ACCOUNT TO FORUMS - Being linked to the forums would give you an achievement aswell as 100 GC for doing it. Do not make it so it can be exploited.

3. ACHIEVEMENT REWARDING - Achievements gives 20 GC and a small portion of XP to all Human and Zombie classes.

4. FIRST ZOMBIE CHOOSING SYSTEM - Once the map loads it will be given 30 seconds for wait to players to join and 2 minutes for the start of the round. An entity by the middle of the map (static zombie?) would spawn and the players closer to it would be chosen for first zombies, the closer they are to it the bigger will be the first-zombie bonus.

5. RNGJESUS ZOMBIE MELEE - There's a small chance (1 out of 10) (10% chance) that any kind of zombies can doubleswipe while performing an attack, plus greatly increasing the slow down of the victim(s). First zombies who were close enough to the entity by the start are granted the chance of having a chance of 7 out of 10 to doubleswipe (70% chance).

6. ANTI-FARM SYSTEM - stats only count when 7 players are on.

7. NEW PLAYER BONUS - New players have a bonus for joining, they will be granted bonuses for 20 matches, such as CHEAPER PRICES, LESS RESPAWN TIME AS ZOMBIE, TRIPLESWIPE CHANCE INSTEAD OF DOUBLESWIPE, DOUBLE GAIN OF COINS AND DOUBLE XP GAIN.

That's all I could think about for now.

• Greens

I'm looking at porting an updating Achievements and placing it in a module.

We need to add a ranking system of some kind. But rather than rush it, I want to take my time and design something cool and unique. So this will most likely come about after we have released the gamemode.

Linking accounts to the forums will have to be done Ywa's end.

CHANGE LOG: Mr.Green ZS_Beta_V9

Also got a possible fix for players getting stuck in walls etc..

-Added Z Time
-Added Z Time Updated sounds
-Added Arena Mode HUD support
-Added hat Shop files (Needs implementation)
-Added V1 Loadout menu

-Ported Admin Rave Break Rifle
-Ported Admin Removal Tool
-Ported Admin Melon gun
-Ported AFK module
-Ported Hints module
-Ported Christmas module
-Ported Weight module
-Ported Vote mute/gag and placed it in a module

-Lowered Etherial damage
-Lowered Shovel knockback
-Lowered TMP fire rate and increased damage
-Lowered Sledgehammer knockback
-Ported Mr.Green AWP

-Fixed Frying Pan model
-Fixed Medkit charge bar
-Fixed Medkit Inital given amount
-Fixed Melee base lag compensation

Well pointed, we still got alot of time untill summer so let's craft things nicely and not rush it.

I have also been playing in some other ZS servers with almost no little modification from NoX's V3, but they made it a hell a lot more optimized, I suggest we do the following:

• Add a quickbuy key to buy ammo when near arsenal.
  • When zombies spawn they have 5 second massive speed boost and armor, 10 seconds if they are first zombies.
  • Optimize zombies as much as possible, make sure they hit in range, this goes for all classes, from zombies to wraith to poison zombies.
  • Add official achievement-unlockable titles to display in light-blue/grey, modified titles in darker green(if human) and orange(if zombie), moderator/administrator/owner titles in red.
  • When 20 zombies are killed by Humans without having eaten a brain, all zombies get mini-armor in their next 2 spawns when they spawn untill they die. When 80 zombies are killed by Humans without having eaten a brain, all zombies get 2x health when they spawn, for their life.
  • EDIT: MAKE Mr.green ZS advertised in the MTA servers, for real, this will be sure to get more players in.

Some suggestions listed here are also for balancing issues, but the quickbuy key is a must aswell as some optimization. I was thinking about remaking the arsenal shop menu and make it way more simple.

Edited by rui_troia
forgot to add one more suggestion
  • Greens

Yea I want to add a Quick Ammo buy button to the Shop, then a sell button. (I took the Nox code out as it was messy, I'll clean it up and place it back in with a new Greenie look.) 

I'm porting Zombine atm, and then maybe taking a look at getting the starting zombies a little more balanced, especially with the humans load outs.. (If we have more than 20 players the zombies will have a lot of fun....) 

I've sorted out the zombies hit detection and made it a lot better than it was. I did in-depth testing last weekend with some of the guys and its proven to be a lot better. Before it was a nightmare to hit anything....

I'll talk to Ywa about advertisement.