Mr. Green Gaming

cranetop

hey

that cranetop map sucks balls, please get rid of it. :)

it managed to empty a full 32player game to just 20players t'other day, which pretty much shows people dislike it.

tyty

SPY AS ERROR!!!

KEEL THE SPY!!!

CatFIGHT! here enjoy this song while your fighting [mp3]

[/mp3]
I still don't understand why you don't just delete it, since 90% of the players hate it.

No they don't. Just been playing cranetop and everyone was having fun. I really don't understand what you guys hate about it. Good teams are rewarded for their efforts to protect/attack key points on the map, and it's easier on the attacking team compared to gold rush and badwater.

• 1 month later...

Admins should really think about changing current map rotation on Payload server. We do hate when from Hoodoo, great games and 32 players, comes darn George and leave's us playing 7 on 7, especially on huge sniper map as George is...It sucks. In my personal opinion...we had best moments when only Badwater, Goldrush and Hoodoo were in rotation. Adding one more map to that rotation, Pipeline or Cranetop, would be perfect. You should consider doing that if you wanna keep this server full, since it is one of best TF2 payload servers arround.

J.

Edited by I Why
We'll probably take pl_gorge out of the cycle (it was made by a community member, thats why we put it in). Yet the map's quality needs to be improved if we're to keep it.

TnX! I hope you'll listen to the "voice of people", yet it's only me by now :huh: ...but i'll try to motivate others to write their opinions...

We'll probably take pl_gorge out of the cycle (it was made by a community member, thats why we put it in). Yet the map's quality needs to be improved if we're to keep it.

It's a cool map with a good gameplay, but has some bugs (can be stuck in trees, ....)

When it's fixed, I want it back on the server!

It's a cool map with a good gameplay, but has some bugs (can be stuck in trees, ....)

When it's fixed, I want it back on the server!

My main issues with the map:

* The annoying body of water in front of blue base (it's hard to get out once you're in)

* The wooden fortress at the first checkpoint is somewhat bland and lacks detail

* The trees. Oh god the trees. Either you shouldn't die when you fall between them, or make sure people don't fall in them somehow.

* Displacements need more detail and be less blocky at the ramps.

* Too many easy sniping spots. Obstruct the view a little more.

Layout of the map is ok.

I care more about the gameplay then the looks, I have to agree, the looks suck *no offence* but the gameplay is actually quiet interesting.

Learn: quiet, quite, quit. You picked the wrong one :P

Well actually, gorge is ok when it comes to looks (just the displacements and the wooden fort suck somewhat). It's the gameplay issues (sniper spots and water areas) that need to be improved.

You will have to do something with rotation,few nights in a row, when Pipeline and Cranetop comes in rotation, only 15 or so players stayes connected. Maybe a solution is to get one map out of rotation (Cranetop is my choice) or to mix the rotation...to make it something like "Goldrush-Pipeline-Hoodoo-Badwater-Cranetop". It's a shame to see server good as this half emtpy at 11PM. I hope you will consider it.

Greetings.

btw, you can see that clearly on graphs...

http://www.game-monitor.com/tf2_GameServer...OM-History.html

Edited by I Why

I like gorge, though it needs some improvements, but I already told that to the maker (Codename22) and everyone that is complaining about it should tell Codename22 why, so he can do something about it, in stead of just whining and do nothing.

As for cranetop, I was so glad that it was removed out of the mapcycle, but now it's back again. :( And the server was full, and after the mapchange to Cranetop, there were only 19 people left. The map is way too big, does look amateuristic and isn't fun to play. I also mostly leave the server when the map changes to Cranetop. And it's not because it's a custom map, if it's a good custom map, people will play it (look at Badwater).

I like gorge, though it needs some improvements, but I already told that to the maker (Codename22) and everyone that is complaining about it should tell Codename22 why, so he can do something about it, in stead of just whining and do nothing.

As for cranetop, I was so glad that it was removed out of the mapcycle, but now it's back again. :( And the server was full, and after the mapchange to Cranetop, there were only 19 people left. The map is way too big, does look amateuristic and isn't fun to play. I also mostly leave the server when the map changes to Cranetop. And it's not because it's a custom map, if it's a good custom map, people will play it (look at Badwater).

pl_badwater is an official map. That's the difference. Cranetop is a great map too, and I'm not taking it out of the cycle.

pl_badwater is an official map. That's the difference. Cranetop is a great map too, and I'm not taking it out of the cycle.

As i've said earlier..it is a great map, for about half of players coming to payload server, but what's the point when it empties the server every time? If it's promotion because map is made by someone from MrGreen community I can understand but i dont see any other reason for keeping it.