Mr. Green Gaming

cranetop

I have to agree, that some of the maps are not really that impressive, or good, but serve as "Filling" for the PL maps.

I think we *TC* have to search for more PL maps. Again.

To correspond to the lack of players/players leaving when a "bad" map is next.

In my opinion...it was never a problem playing crapy map when there's 30+ players...you will always find some fun for yourself, but it's sad when I see people exiting after Badwater finishes, knowing that Pipeline and Cranetop are coming.

My favorite custom payload map is Dustbowl B$, great map...

• 2 weeks later...
guys, i HOPE that you'll do something about this map (ex. remove).... i can't belive it that you don't have some kind of SERVER STATS where it shows how every time that this map comes up, the server emptyes......

p l e a s e do something

Oh here we go again. Doesn't anyone read the topic before complaining?

Points made:

* It's not going out because it's a good map.

* People easily blame their own lack of skill on a custom map.

* People leave when a custom map comes up.

* The drop in players isn't as drastic as everyone says.

I'd just like to point out that I'm not a bad player, and I still hate cranetop. Purely for the fact it just doesn't look right to me, the textures and the lighting don't match up to quality Valve stuff. It's instantly obvious that this map is community made, even if nobody told me.

But that's just what I think of it, I'll play it if it comes up, and wait until a better map comes.

Points made:

* It's not going out because it's a good map. - It's more personal than public opinion...people do leave and it's crap playing 10 vs 10 or less on such big size map

* People easily blame their own lack of skill on a custom map. - If you've find out how to track it, you'll see that most of the standard and good players are leaving when Cranetop comes

* The drop in players isn't as drastic as everyone says. - Yeah, that's why you have this graphic pointing down when cranetop comes stats

I'm not trying to argue or something, i'm just giving you facts about crapy map. When you have standard and good rotation, and people love payload, after sometime you get good balanced teams, standard players, players doing some real team job in TEAM FORTRESS.

Greets.

Edited by I Why
* People easily blame their own lack of skill on a custom map.

Where did you get that from? I, personallly, recognize that I suck at all classes on Cranetop more than other maps. But that's all to do with my skills, not the map. But I don't think this goes for nearly everyone.

I am not a Cranetop-hater. There are a lot of exploits that can be used by Demomen, which I found. There's spawn-camping sometimes, and there's never really space to hide or to get somewhere without getting killed (as a Spy) (Spies suck at this map anyway, Engineers have it easier).

Maybe this is what you mean with your point: it's hard to survive at a lot of points in the map, or get a lot of kills in a row, and that's why people rage-quit? This is not always the case, I remember that time there was this Medic + Heavy duo camping in the narrow halls (with the square tiles and some square holes). They were impossible to kill (especially because the Medic was a donator - you know what that means).

I dislike Hoodoo more than Cranetop, honestly. But Pipeline is my favorite map.

I dislike Hoodoo more than Cranetop, honestly. But Pipeline is my favorite map.

Hoodoo is the best map for clanwars imo. It's also cool when playing for fun, although I hate that HlstatsX system, I just leave when someone gets a 25 by killing me. It makes me really mad.