Mr. Green Gaming

Get rid of dimensions!!!!!

• 2 months later...

^ I get freezes (not lags, FREEZES) a lot of times while the "changing dims text" is displayed thus losing my first place or even making me crash cuz i can't turn or something. We were without them for a month, let's try again and see if it's better, even 1 day would be enough to see the improvement in gameplay WITHOUT dims.

Have you ever had the idea to ask for a bind or to add it in /settings to toggle it on/off? it's really helpful for those who lag, and it's not only about lag, it's about to see the way, I can't see anything when dimensions aren't enabled.. and by the way, what's the problem with them? do they make you lose? If the lag comes when you enter to first dimension just keep them for whole time in NTS/Race, I don't find any problem with them... 

Guest F1MADKILLER
1 hour ago, neox. said:

Have you ever had the idea to ask for a bind or to add it in /settings to toggle it on/off? it's really helpful for those who lag, and it's not only about lag, it's about to see the way, I can't see anything when dimensions aren't enabled.. and by the way, what's the problem with them? do they make you lose? If the lag comes when you enter to first dimension just keep them for whole time in NTS/Race, I don't find any problem with them... 

Neox sometimes it causes MTA to crash / lag and sometimes as well dim change GM end I end up hitting some one going slower than me ): so dims need more done on

13 hours ago, neox. said:

So you just suggested an option with which some players will have always gm on (in another dim) but others will have it off...Yea, the whole idea to having ghostmode OFF is to see other players..........not see a clear road and think you're winning but actually are 7th or so.

PS Dims change so random that more than 50% of the time I hear complains about bugged gm resulting in a clusterfuck cuz dims changed while a player was in another one. And to add to that, changing between dimensions causes severe lag most times or even freezes sometimes..no I don't have a potato as it can run GTA V and Far Cry 4 on near to max settings with a bunch of apps running in background such as Spotify, uTorrent, Skype etc.

@SDK neox wanted them for mix, why'd you have to ruin race as well :(

I lowered the threshold so there's less chance of you being alone, but don't expect any big changes to dimensions until we get a rooms server (soon? never?).

Now a lecture about how dimensions are currently scripted (and how they are intended to work, ignoring bugs):

On map start: if players > 29, there will be 2 dimensions, else if players > 40 there will be 3.

Players are sorted in dimensions by their rank on the previous map, so who ranked 1st to ~15th will be in dim 0, rest will be in dim 1.

After reaching the dimension checkpoint, the script starts checking several things:

• If you are dead/spectating/afk it will move you to dim 0.
  • If there is no one around you in ~75 units in all dimensions (this maybe needs to change) it will move you to dim 0
  • If there are less than 5 alive players in your dimensions, it will move everyone to dim 0

After moving you to dim 0 and if you are alive, you will be granted ghostmode for 5 seconds. After that the script will start checking if players in your dimensions are far enough (~20 units) and disable it then.

I know the script can be buggy, but I think the freezing is an mta/computer issue. I remember having it on my old pc but it disappeared after a while, check some settings to increase your performance.

Thanks for the deep info and for lowering threshold. What do you mean though? How will dims change if we get multiroom server (or more like, why)? Just curios, won't that just make mix modes seperate and include a room for all of mix modes together and another race room for whole race server?

Is it possible it only happens on race? On mix there are dims but not that you stay alone the whole map. After a while my dim changes and I can see others.

Sometimes as Stroth said ghostmode goes off while there is a player beside you and you just lose control. (Happened couple of times to me while NTS)

Guest F1MADKILLER
21 hours ago, SDK said:

I lowered the threshold so there's less chance of you being alone, but don't expect any big changes to dimensions until we get a rooms server (soon? never?).

Now a lecture about how dimensions are currently scripted (and how they are intended to work, ignoring bugs):

On map start: if players > 29, there will be 2 dimensions, else if players > 40 there will be 3.

Players are sorted in dimensions by their rank on the previous map, so who ranked 1st to ~15th will be in dim 0, rest will be in dim 1.

After reaching the dimension checkpoint, the script starts checking several things:

• If you are dead/spectating/afk it will move you to dim 0.
  • If there is no one around you in ~75 units in all dimensions (this maybe needs to change) it will move you to dim 0
  • If there are less than 5 alive players in your dimensions, it will move everyone to dim 0

After moving you to dim 0 and if you are alive, you will be granted ghostmode for 5 seconds. After that the script will start checking if players in your dimensions are far enough (~20 units) and disable it then.

I know the script can be buggy, but I think the freezing is an mta/computer issue. I remember having it on my old pc but it disappeared after a while, check some settings to increase your performance.

@SDK if you want to look at my DxDiag you see my machine is more than capable of running high perfomance games, so why does it only happen on a NTS after dim change I loose FPS massivly to like 20 then recover very slowly to 40 but but before dims was round 90 - 100 FPS

DxDiag.txt