Mr. Green Gaming

Save Our Souls

Save Our Souls

Introduction

Save Our Souls is a new Garry's Mod game mode which I will create the coming weeks. It will be a heavy (real heavy) modified version of Zombie Survival. Combined with game-aspects from Left 4 Dead, Zombie Master and Zombie Panic! Source.

The story

Story is inspired from the movie I am Legend.

In a village outside the big city there are 5 survivors. Survivors of the KV virus. Only 2% of people on this island are immune to the virus. But it guarantees nothing. Victims of the virus still want you dead. Why we still live? We have got weapons. The government removed all abilities for us to go to the mainland. They thought all humans would turn into an infected someday. They are wrong, but they just don't know. Finding a way to return to the mainland will take years on such a big island. But we don't got anything else to do anyways.

Features

• 5 playable humans.
  • Both human and zombie NPCs.
  • It's an active game. Don't expect to take a break.
  • Playable zombie classes.
  • Director
  • The game mode will be depressing. Don't expect this to be easy winnable.
  • Apart from finishing the map, you will need to complete several objectives. You will even rescue other immune humans.
  • Story will exist from ~ 5 maps including several mini finales and one big finale.

Zombie classes

The director decides as which class you will spawn and where. In most times this is close to where the humans are.

Normal zombie

This class is a NPC and won't be playable by players.

A common infected zombie. Can walk fast and will attack you. No matter if you kill them or not.

Fast zombie

Almost the same as the Fast Zombie in Zombie Survival. However, this Fast Zombie can grab humans and attack them. Only other survivors can kill the zombie to let it lose the human.

Immolator

Can block paths by creating large fires. Is immune to bullets and flames. The only way to kill him is by using melee weapons.

Screamer

Don't get close to the screamer. When he screams he will damage your ears and eyes for a small time. Even if you can't see him because your eyes are damaged. Make sure you run away. One claw hit from him and you're out.

Crow

Not a real class. If you are dead and must wait for your next spawn. You will be able to fly around with a crow. Also spectators will be able to fly around.

And other yet announced classes.

Weapons (for humans)

The humans will have a large arrange of weapons. Weapons can be found at special places in the map. The players start with their fists, a melee weapon and one pistol.

A few weapons you can expect are:

[*]Flamethrower

[*]Bazooka

[*]Chainsaw

[*]Army weapons

Item shop, GC and achievements

The game mode will have unique items in the shop which can be bought by Green-Coins (which are exchangeable with the other Garry's Mod servers). New achievements will be available too.

End

Don't expect this game mode before Christmas. It's going to be large.

What do you think about this idea? Suggestions etc. are welcome.

Meh. It's not unique or anything. Too much dejavu. And then it's like 10 people in total on one server. That's not much.

How isn't this unique? Ofcourse it has elements of different games, but every game has elements from other games. All FPS games have elements of Doom, for example (that element is having a gun in front of your face you use to shoot enemies with :V)

Meh. It's not unique or anything. Too much dejavu. And then it's like 10 people in total on one server. That's not much.

How isn't this unique? Ofcourse it has elements of different games, but every game has elements from other games. All FPS games have elements of Doom, for example (that element is having a gun in front of your face you use to shoot enemies with :V)

Then it's not unique :|

In my thought, unique is something that nobody has done before. Not elements from other games. It's cool, but I can't say if it's fun or not. I think it's going to be fun *Ywa can make great gamemodes*, but like the "new ZS", lots of people thought it was different. And I think this one is different *I liked the "new ZS"*.

Well, some people, like me, actually prefer when the servers have less players, around 10-15 :P I hate it when there are 30 players on <_<

So do I, but 10 players isn't much for Mr-Green to get a name. I think they then should have 2-3 servers with this.

Personally I like servers *TF2* that have 16, to maximum 24 players.

So do I, but 10 players isn't much for Mr-Green to get a name. I think they then should have 2-3 servers with this.

This is one of the reasons why I prefer playing on the Arena server than on the CP/CTF one. I think 32 players is way too many to have fun in my opinion.

This is one of the reasons why I prefer playing on the Arena server than on the CP/CTF one. I think 32 players is way too many to have fun in my opinion.

So do I.

Arena actually makes you think, what class to use? what class is everyone else using? is the other team not using that class? and can I use that to my advantage?

unlike CTF/CP and Payload, where its basically, "dont worry guys, its all fine, we can all go as pyro and be noobish, and say "hur hur, lol pwned""

Arena actually makes you think, what class to use? what class is everyone else using? is the other team not using that class? and can I use that to my advantage?

unlike CTF/CP and Payload, where its basically, "dont worry guys, its all fine, we can all go as pyro and be noobish, and say "hur hur, lol pwned""

And it's more competitive, and you die less fast. And above all, it requires some skill.

Edited by Botervloot

And it's more competitive, and you die less fast. And above all, it requires some skill.

If you die in Arena, you don't respawn until next round (CS-Style). If you die in CP/CTF, you respawn in 1 second so you can take some risk. But if it's 1v4 in Arena, you really need to think. (I love winning 1v4 scenarios <3)

If there's no Medic or no Dispenser in Arena, you have 75% less chance of winning.

OT: Seems like a fun mod, too bad I'm not into Zombie shooters.

• 3 weeks later...