⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

ArmA II

VMR

After 10 years of development, the game was finally released

arma2_logo.png

I stronly reccomend everyone to at least try the demo. When you play the demo, you get the feeling you are playing the full game, it takes more than 10 minutes to drive with a car over the huge map, filled with forrests, cities, and military bases. But trust me, the full game is alot bigger

One of the maps in the game has

225 km2 of real world data

1 million 3D objects

350 kilometers of roads

50 towns and villages

2 dams and numerous small lakes and ponds

Certain hilltops reach an altitude of over 700m

Almost 100km2 of forests

Urban areas contain ports, factories

Military installations including large airfield

Direction and distance signs accompanying road network

Civilian population and wildlife

The game is supposed to come as close to real life war as possible.

Building on 10 years of constant engine development, ArmA 2 boasts the most realistic combat environment in the world. It models real world ballistics & round deflection, materials penetration, features a realtime day/night cycle and dynamic wind, weather and environmental effects. The simulation of a combat environment is so effective, the engine forms the basis for training simulators used by real armies the world over.
In ArmA 2 a staggeringly vast array of military hardware is at your disposal. 73 modern weapons, 167 vehicle variants in the air, on land and at sea. The unique AI think and act independently, changing tactics on the fly. No scripts. No pre defined pathways. ArmA 2's AI share information, communicating with each other to hunt players down. They'll use cover and artillery, adapting to your actions and the changing environment.

one thing that kind of pisses me off is when people say the game totally fails, because it has crappy voices, but that is the beauty of it. They cant play in all kinds of sentences if it might not even happen?

There is millions of diffrent positions and and radio commands, how can they possibly play in all those lines of speach? :S :P

To read more and download the demo, go to Armed Assult 2's official website

Its nearly impossible to stuff the awesomeness of this game into a thread :|

You got to see it for yourself.

ARMA2_1.jpg

Edited by Sacrifical
I've got it, its alright. I only play on the Map Editor, Personally I find this game takes itself waaaay too seriously, But that's what I could of expected from the makers of Operation Flashpoint.

Are you sure this is from the makers of Operation Flashpoint? Aren't they busy with Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising?

Operation Flashpoint & Arma 2 were both developed by Bohemia Interactive Studios.

Operation Flashpoint:Dragon Rising is being developed by Codemasters (confusing I know).

http://www.giantbomb.com/arma-ii/61-21528/

The game looks cool. but the voice acting sounds horrible, if you dont believe me Youtube it.

Anyway, are there Jets in this game?

OMG there is no voice acting, how can you say it sucks?

Btw, if you want to record in millions of radi messages, be my guest :P

Play online, on a jet server, or make your own :) Or just play the singleplayer, i think theres Jets later in the game...

What Robo said.

But then I don't like it at all. I've played it like 6 Min, and I quit even after the training.

Omg th first 6 miutes sucks. You got to know the controls well! I played for like 3 hours before it was really fun, because then it is so realistic! using 5 secounds trying to find the crouch button sucks, because its nothing like real life at all, but since almost every key is used, you can play it almost as real life when you get used to th keys! :D