Mr. Green Gaming

How do cars go faster

Well there are three main factors. First of all your fps, because if you've limited MTA to low fps you can't compete with other players who have high fps. Then there's the ping which depends on your internet connection or your nationality. Keep in mind that servers are physically installed in Europe, so if you're from another continent you probably have an high ping. And finally the NOS usage: aged players knows how to keep NOS for the good spot. For example if you take NOS pickup in a bad zone for acceleration you should wait until the road gets straight or good for NOS usage. I hope that you'll understand which factors influence your car's speed. 

Edited by Otram
On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 0:12 PM, Otram said:

Well there are three main factors. First of all your fps, because if you've limited MTA to low fps you can't compete with other players who have high fps. Then there's the ping which depends on your internet connection or your nationality. Keep in mind that servers are physically installed in Europe, so if you're from another continent you probably have an high ping. And finally the NOS usage: aged players knows how to keep NOS for the good spot. For example if you take NOS pickup in a bad zone for acceleration you should wait until the road gets straight or good for NOS usage. I hope that you'll understand which factors influence your car's speed. 

As long as you have at least 25 FPS it has negligible impact on speed. On some track and vehicle combinations higher FPS is actually slower. Ping doesn't influence your speed too.

2 hours ago, HeArTBeaT said:

yeah i been meaning to ask this, though in my case its boats.

I run at 100 FPS 90% of the time with the biggest drop being @ 85, and somehow everyone's boat is faster than mine (the speeder ones i mean).

Is there some trick to it like the fast acceleration for motorcycles or the wheelie for bikes?

If u have 60+ FPS in boat. you will be the slowest 100%. F1 > Settings > Then bottom right change the boat FPS limit to 60.