Mr. Green Gaming

Free hats for all!

DeeGee

So yeah. Those people who didn't use an idle program to get hats have now been rewarded with a neat halo to wear.

And with my first hat, I begin to realize how pointless they are. I mean, I can't even see my own hat D:

Why exactly did people idle to get these again? I figure the only time it matters is during humiliation. I have the urge to just make our team lose now just so I can glimpse my hat.

Ghey, I have only used it for a whole week

Edit: All idler users "HEAL NO HALOS"

-_-

Wait. They cheated and they got punished and now they dont heal people who didnt cheat?

200% Butthurtness detected.

I had a feeling the idle programs only would cause problems later, the same happend with Achievement programs.

And lol at that group

This line in this group made my day: The members of this group refuse to heal anyone wearing a halo untill Valve apologises for punishing and villainising idlers with no prior warning.

Removing your halos will result in a resumption of your healing service

Edited by Hundred2

It's not cheating, it's easier idling in tf2 D:

Which as in allowed us to try to get hats even when in school and so on.

But well, I was like "SHIT." when I read about this, but it quickly turned into :D after seeing that they actually didn't remove all the items I gained by idling, only some of em! :P

Haha look what that HaH group did

post-312-1251987315.jpg

Are they talking about themselves?

Because if you have it installed, each time you see the word "Fag" on someones head you are reminded of what you lost.

Unless it has a arrow pointed at the wearer

( i do feel kinda bad for the people who lost their hat, but i do hate those HaH fags)

post-98-1251993010_thumb.jpg

So i go from having all items, duplicates etc. ALL of which i obtained legally through achievements, and now i only have 7 items, most of which are just shit. How do i go about getting the rest of them now?

EDIT: Just re-read this, what i mean is i only obtained duplicates from idling, i wanted a hat.

Edited by Kniight
post-98-1251993010_thumb.jpg

So i go from having all items, duplicates etc. ALL of which i obtained legally through achievements, and now i only have 7 items, most of which are just shit. How do i go about getting the rest of them now?

EDIT: Just re-read this, what i mean is i only obtained duplicates from idling, i wanted a hat.

Got same message, but I still (almost) have my weapons twice, but lost my tyranss

A bit of an over-reaction on all sides here, on my opinion. No one "Earned" their hat; it's all random drops. Whether you played or not when getting one makes no difference to anyone. On the other hand, since Valve now decided the idler was cheating, I respect their decision to take action.

I myself am left with about 9 unlockables. Over 500 hours of using the idler earnt me no hats, which I think is a nice example of the flawed drop system in the first place. Since Valve said that milestone weapons will return, I'm sure that I'll get all the weapon unlocks I got fair and square returned to me.

On the other hand, if they don't, I'll treat this as a test of the random drop system. Let's see how long it takes to obtain all the unlockables through "Fair Play."

Also, the halo's are pretty useless. They split apart the teams, they have no real value and they definitely don't stop the wearer from going to an idling server and sitting there the rest of the day.

EDIT: So, I now have all the milestone weapons returned to me. I lost nothing, and I gained nothing. Seems like a fair deal to me.

Edited by Wixern
A bit of an over-reaction on all sides here, on my opinion. No one "Earned" their hat; it's all random drops. Whether you played or not when getting one makes no difference to anyone. On the other hand, since Valve now decided the idler was cheating, I respect their decision to take action.

I myself am left with about 9 unlockables. Over 500 hours of using the idler earnt me no hats, which I think is a nice example of the flawed drop system in the first place. Since Valve said that milestone weapons will return, I'm sure that I'll get all the weapon unlocks I got fair and square returned to me.

On the other hand, if they don't, I'll treat this as a test of the random drop system. Let's see how long it takes to obtain all the unlockables through "Fair Play."

Also, the halo's are pretty useless. They split apart the teams, they have no real value and they definitely don't stop the wearer from going to an idling server and sitting there the rest of the day.

EDIT: So, I now have all the milestone weapons returned to me. I lost nothing, and I gained nothing. Seems like a fair deal to me.

I have (I think) every single unlockable weapon. No hats. Received a lot of dupes.

Besides the trading system, Valve also hinted towards being able to craft something out of duplicate weapons.

What makes me laugh the most is that the people that used the idle program lose items that they gained through the idler, but the people who didn't use the idler gain a hat, which, if I am correct, is what the idlers were going for in the first place and to me I think (for the idlers) that's just a MASSIVE KICK IN THE FACE.

Edited by Google Hoops