Mr. Green Gaming

L4D2's newest gamemode: Scavenge

Clavus

This new mode (designed to be shorter than the traditional competitive) has four survivors fighting to find 16 gas cans across the game map. Using the cans, the goal is to fill up a generator to win the match. Split up over three rounds, each starts with 120 seconds; each gas can will add an additional 20 seconds to the overall time. If time runs out, yet one survivor is still holding a gas can, the game will go into overtime until the generator is up and running or an infected knocks it from their hands.

On the opposing team will be the Infected, who are doing everything they can to feast on human flesh and (of course) stop the survivors from restarting the generator. Not only can infected knock the gas cans from the hands of the survivors, but special infected like the "The Spitter" can light the cans on fire with its phlegm. Survivors must also watch their fire -- one stray bullet can set the can on fire as well.

Valve are planning to ship Left 4 Dead 2 with six maps for "Scavenge" mode, each reconfigured maps from the game's campaign. "Motel" is one such area, and Hamza "The Shark" Aziz is going hands on with it as I type. Details, impressions, and more soon... if he survives.

Videos:

http://redirectingat.com/?id=629X1198&...eo%2Fid%2F26705 (shows new boomer! A fat bald female D:)

http://redirectingat.com/?id=629X1198&...eo%2Fid%2F26707

Some jockey gameplay:

http://redirectingat.com/?id=629X1198&...eo%2Fid%2F26706

Sounds like a fun gamemode :)

Is the jockey meant to seem homo or is it only me that sees him as homo, I mean the name as well sounds really homo. Is this what happens to gays when they go zombie?

Thats just a stupid question

Why exactly?

I mean

fat guy = Boomer

heavy smoker = Smoker (obv)

strong dude = Tank

weird scary woman = Witch

strong hillbilly = Charger

homosexual = Jockey?

Edited by Google Hoops
Is the jockey meant to seem homo or is it only me that sees him as homo, I mean the name as well sounds really homo. Is this what happens to gays when they go zombie?

Why exactly?

I mean

fat guy = Boomer

strong dude = Tank

homosexual = Jockey?

Its becuse the boomer explodes (boom)? Smoker coughs like smokers... Tank duuh he takes so much damage etc but the jockey is a clown... Would be so awful if they were running around screaming HOMO!

Why exactly?

I mean

fat guy = Boomer

strong dude = Tank

homosexual = Jockey?

Maybe it's more like: Jockey = Jockey

But, as we wrap up our playtime, David Ellis notices a mysterious option in the menu as we wait for a new match to start: "Realism mode." I ask Faliszek, and he coyly comments, "that's a special modifier that we forgot to hide for this demo." We then ask Valve VP of Marketing Doug Lombardi, and he quips that it's something for the super hardcore player, and slightly elaborates, "Take Portal for example: We had our best internal players who could blow through that game in about 30 minutes, but within weeks of launching it we had people on YouTube beating [the testers'] times by 10 minutes or more. Realism is for those players."

To us, the term "realism mode" screams that it will be a single life affair for a campaign. Once you're gone, that's it, there's no respawning. However, this is just idle speculation on our part. Once Valve is ready to reveal the full details on "Realism Mode" we'll be sure to pass along the news.

Oh this is going to be fun...

Realism mod: No zombies.

The Jockey

Honestly, this game looks like a 12 year old got access to the L4D SDK. The atmosphere is completely ruined and made place for complete retardation. I have to admit, the scavenge mode looks awesome, melee weapons aren't bad -- however, that's something there should have been in the original L4D already!

Edited by Sgt. John Mullins
The Jocket

Honestly, this game looks like a 12 year old got access to the L4D SDK. The atmosphere is completely ruined and made place for complete retardation. I have to admit, the scavenge mode looks awesome, melee weapons aren't bad -- however, that's something there should have been in the original L4D already!

Dude seriously?! Are you actually a complete ass?!

The Jocket

Dude seriously?! Are you actually a complete ass?!

OR SRSLY, ASS!?