Mr. Green Gaming

Discussion ranking and ARENA and you

Crashed

Hello dear peeps, :P

You might know me as that annoying heavy with the medic stuck to his back :P

But maybe also as the person who hates the lucky crits in arena and the point allocation system in the same server.

First I want to discuss the point part which is awkward compared to the PL and CP servers.

Example

You get 30 points for a round win

Max Death points is 25

If you don't kill someone, u still get a max of 5 points won.

In the event of u killing some1 u get 5 to 25 points and points for double kills and first blood kills.

Example

3 kills 25 per kill and triple kill bonus = 80 points+ round win = 110 per round

You die once -25 that's still 85 points for a 1 to 2 min game :).

I would like give ARENA 10 points per round win and a reduced kill bonus as well too make it fun for people who like rankings and don't want to go arena for the quick point boosts.

http://hlstatsx.mr-green.nl/hlstats.php?mode=actioninfo&action=Round_Win&game=tf

Nphect has achieved 1520 round wins in the last 14 days that's 1520 * 30 = 45600 rank points.

And now the second part of my post:

Lucky crits and you:

In arena it occurred to me that lucky crits cause rage and the reason it should be turned off by a vote at the start of a round. Rounds in arena are quick and require a lot of skill in some points and become frustrating with lucky crit kills.

Love to see your lovely fights,

[boss]Crashed

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree to Crashed post! It's really frustratings as Pl-Player see the arena guys get so much more points compared to payload. You can make points on arena just by joining the winner team, even if u die every round u make +5 points. I need to make at least 3kills/death to hold my ranking and i see arena player with 1k/d who make more points then me.

About crashed example i wanne add, that on pl u don't even get 30 points for every round win. as attacker u just get a "mini-round" win (5 or 15 points, dont know for sure) for the first two stages, just the final stage gives 30 points.

The difference is that on Pl u get ur points through kills and on arena through round-wins, so the ranking-points cant be compared with the current point-system!

I agree with the arena stats being too high,even when I join and die every round,and lose,I still find myself with a large amount of positive points,for no real reason.It's a bit...eh. At least lose the bonus points. (and as it is so messed up,a reset? maybe not..people might be defensive.)

And crits in arena is a pretty big rage-enducer,and I don't get any particular pleasure killing from a random critical either. I know that it is suposed to added to help newby players feel better and actually get kills,but in arena it's a big no-no. By default it should be off,but a voting option allowed.

I don't really think anyone will disagree with those changes..

Edited by GrimPeeper

In Arena you often play a lot more efficient if you're a skilled player. Can't do much about that. Lot of hassle to make the points differ per server, and the balance would probably still be off.

And we're not taking out crits. There are enough no-crit / oh-so-perfectly-balanced game servers out there (that no-one cares about). Yes crits kan make you rage at times, but they save your ass just as often.

In Arena you often play a lot more efficient if you're a skilled player. Can't do much about that. Lot of hassle to make the points differ per server, and the balance would probably still be off.

And we're not taking out crits. There are enough no-crit / oh-so-perfectly-balanced game servers out there (that no-one cares about). Yes crits kan make you rage at times, but they save your ass just as often.

Clavus GIVE the people the option to vote about it,instead of waving it off to cater to more players then you are doing now. And about the ranking the changing of it would change a lot of players's view on arena. makes it a bite more interesting then it is right now

And about the ranking the changing of it would change a lot of players's view on arena. makes it a bite more interesting then it is right now

That's the point; now Arena IS interesting, if you'd lower the points, it's not interesting anymore. :V Though I'm not only playing on Arena for the points, I'm playing on it because it's fun, if you want a quick game. I didn't like Arena in the beginning because you often had to sit the round out if your team was sucking (I mean that you HAD to spectate and weren't allowed to spawn).

Edited by VforV

Oh for the love of GOD turn crits OFF!

Yes! I often see people complain about this so it's not that only a few want it gone, but a lot of people. Long spawntimes are also a part of TF2, and the respawn on Mr. Green is also faster. :o You could also say 'go to another server with fast respawn'. But that means you tell people to go away, which isn't the goal you want to achieve when you host a server, right?

Oh for the love of GOD turn crits OFF!

Yes! I often see people complain about this so it's not that only a few want it gone, but a lot of people. Long spawntimes are also a part of TF2, and the respawn on Mr. Green is also faster. :o You could also say 'go to another server with fast respawn'. But that means you tell people to go away, which isn't the goal you want to achieve when you host a server, right?

I play a lot on arena servers and nobody is complaining. Most they want scramble or smth like that.