Mr. Green Gaming

Discussion ranking and ARENA and you

Crashed

What is the point in having a ranking system that doesn't do what it is suposed to,because it is broken as long as it is painfully easy to get points in arena. If the ranking exists to show you your ranking compared to other players...well...it kind of fails does it not?

And,although this is apparently a crushed issue, the crits system performs it's job admirably on CP/CTF/PL - but most definitely not on arena. It's unbelievable how many first shot crits a soldier or a scout can get,instantly killing someone and pissing them off to no end(if I try to get clanmates on,it always happens to them and they leave - flyberius lasted about 10 seconds before a critical rocket and leaving). Is a vote to turn it off really so terrible to ask(or to quickly write code for?)

So ho hum,two pretty much broken functions.

Edit: and to phect,I personally don't complain on the server because I don't like being a sore loser about things,it doesn't help at all,and it wouldn't change anything. Complaining here is a different matter.

Edited by GrimPeeper
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh for the love of GOD turn crits OFF!

Yes! I often see people complain about this so it's not that only a few want it gone, but a lot of people. Long spawntimes are also a part of TF2, and the respawn on Mr. Green is also faster. :o You could also say 'go to another server with fast respawn'. But that means you tell people to go away, which isn't the goal you want to achieve when you host a server, right?

I play a lot on arena servers and nobody is complaining. Most they want scramble or smth like that.

is it possible to divide the ranking system in two seperate rankings? on one u only get the points earned on pl- or cp-server and on the other the points u get on arena- and koth-server. on this way nothing has to be changed about the pointsystem and the problem about the difference between the points u get on pl and arena would be solved. what u think about that?

I miss my CTF/CP server D: That was practically all I was on, before it become a dead hollow shell. Fake player counter doen't work if there's 0 people on the server, as anyone who joins just leaves anyway.

Let's solve that problem :D

The whole point of fake players is to make random players to join more frequently, enlarging the chance that two people join at the same time and start playing together long enough for other people to join. Fake players are meant to kickstart the server.

I'm still thinking of controlling it somehow that it's off in the morning (when almost no Europeans are on anyway), so that it's less rage-educing when somebody joins, and turn it back on in the afternoon to kickstart the server.

I think it's silly to say no when you have lots of your regulars asking for them to go. There's not been anybody coming here saying "I am glad your server has crits", whereas you have loads saying the opposite.

Surely the people who actually play the server should get the choice, instead of an admin who most likely doesn't get the chance to play much Arena.

Edited by DeeGee

anyway the discussion about the point-system didn't finished yet. most people agree that the current system is totally unbalanced. so why dont lower the points for a round-win? or what do u think about my other idea?

is it possible to divide the ranking system in two seperate rankings? on one u only get the points earned on pl- or cp-server and on the other the points u get on arena- and koth-server. on this way nothing has to be changed about the pointsystem and the problem about the difference between the points u get on pl and arena would be solved. what u think about that?

Wally, you're a good player, and lots of people know that. You're probably the only one who cares about your stats. I don't think others will go to hlstatsx.mr-green.nl or whatever the url is to see what rank you are. Same for me, yes, it's fun to gain points, it sucks to lose points, but who really cares about my points but me? Better said: I changed my mind and won't care if they change the system (ok, maybe a little bit). You accually play better if you don't care about the points, otherwise you're always thinking 'oh noes, I can't do that, or I'll lose points!!1 Gotta switch to engineer and build and rebuild buildings on spawn to regain my points!'

Ok, yesterday I didn't very much but here is my opinion.

1 Crits are really enoying but if u have them they are fun

2 On arena a lot of people gained points already and if u change the arena points, people who are playing for stats don't have a change to get in top10.

My opinion: turn crits off + reset stats and then change the point system => result: more players ( I think )

Edited by Scream

2 On arena a lot of people gained points already and if u change the arena points, people who are playing for stats don't have a change to get in top10.

My opinion: turn crits off + reset stats and then change the point system => result: more players ( I think )

False, most regulars will leave because they worked so hard for their stats and than it'll all be gone...

False, most regulars will leave because they worked so hard for their stats and than it'll all be gone...

Everybody say that they didn't played for stats

+

Totally agree with botervloot, but I should keep the normal crits (like on the other servers) and disable first blood

Edited by Scream