Mr. Green Gaming

Are you crashing in TF2 since the update?

Clavus

It's not me crashing, it's not the server crashing, but it's everyone in the server crashing.

It was scary yesterday, when I left the PL server it was full. I came back to play around 20 minutes later, and the server was totally empty. I was convinced that everyone must have been eaten by zombies.

Then the server slowly build up again, but just the moment that creepy horn from the Soldier sounded, we all crashed again.

This should answer why:

Hi Folks,

Please be aware that there is an exploit knocking about already for the Buff Banner.

It is a very new exploit this and i am not sure yet how they are doing it but what it does when used is it disconnects a load of players from Servers at the same time. It is quite wide spread already.

I have seen this happen on the 2Fort Server already today and a load of people timed out and crashed and couldnt understand why when the Server was still running fine.

The reason is this Buff Banner exploit.

There is no temp fix for this at the moment other than disabling the class.

Valve will hopefully issue a quick fix for this with it being so destructive.

In the meantime, if you see anyone doing anything with a Buff Banner that looks suspicious, please let us know immediately, especially if players get disconnected after the suspicious behaviour.

Cheers

- Lob (UK)

Source: http://steamcommunit...235944783930578

It's not me crashing, it's not the server crashing, but it's everyone in the server crashing.

It was scary yesterday, when I left the PL server it was full. I came back to play around 20 minutes later, and the server was totally empty. I was convinced that everyone must have been eaten by zombies.

Then the server slowly build up again, but just the moment that creepy horn from the Soldier sounded, we all crashed again.

This should answer why:

Hi Folks,

Please be aware that there is an exploit knocking about already for the Buff Banner.

It is a very new exploit this and i am not sure yet how they are doing it but what it does when used is it disconnects a load of players from Servers at the same time. It is quite wide spread already.

I have seen this happen on the 2Fort Server already today and a load of people timed out and crashed and couldnt understand why when the Server was still running fine.

The reason is this Buff Banner exploit.

There is no temp fix for this at the moment other than disabling the class.

Valve will hopefully issue a quick fix for this with it being so destructive.

In the meantime, if you see anyone doing anything with a Buff Banner that looks suspicious, please let us know immediately, especially if players get disconnected after the suspicious behaviour.

Cheers

- Lob (UK)

Source: http://steamcommunit...235944783930578

I thought it was made for that purpose. Y'know, when you're about to lose the round, you just sound that horn, everybody's game will crash, then you try to get back in the server as fast as you can, so you can finish capping the cart, as you are the only player left.