Mr. Green Gaming

Framerate issues in TF2

For starters: Programs like "GameBoost" are fake and thus shit. If it DOES have any effect (which I doubt) it's only minimal and it'll gain you no extra FPS and maybe an unnoticable amount of speed.

Second of all, it can't be a Windows 7 update, since it doesn't affect me plus I haven't heard about anyone else with this problem (a LOT of people have Windows 7). Try to roll back to an older NVIDIA driver.

As I said I did roll back to an old driver but it didn't change anything :/

Then I don't know what to do, I can try a system restoration but I must be sure of what I'm doing and if it worth it.

Steam Support is really annoying, not answering :s

Steam support takes several days to answer.

How many drivers have you tried?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For starters: Programs like "GameBoost" are fake and thus shit. If it DOES have any effect (which I doubt) it's only minimal and it'll gain you no extra FPS and maybe an unnoticable amount of speed.

Second of all, it can't be a Windows 7 update, since it doesn't affect me plus I haven't heard about anyone else with this problem (a LOT of people have Windows 7). Try to roll back to an older NVIDIA driver.

Then I don't know what to do, I can try a system restoration but I must be sure of what I'm doing and if it worth it.

Only the latest driver (don't remember its name but if you look at the 9800's ones you will find it),and if that's not the latest one that's the older one (the default one).

Also I saw something about DirectX 11 that it can create some incompatibility problem or something, and that DX10 works better for games which don't handle DX11.

Only the latest driver (don't remember its name but if you look at the 9800's ones you will find it),and if that's not the latest one that's the older one (the default one).

Also I saw something about DirectX 11 that it can create some incompatibility problem or something, and that DX10 works better for games which don't handle DX11.

You don't have to worry about that; Both your graphics card and TF2 don't support DirectX 11.

Only the latest driver (don't remember its name but if you look at the 9800's ones you will find it),and if that's not the latest one that's the older one (the

default one).

You don't have to worry about that; Both your graphics card and TF2 don't support DirectX 11.

When I do Run> dxdiag it shows me I have DX11 o_o

Then that's really weird, Left 4 dead bugs too but Left 4 Dead 2 don't seem to.

Tf2 and Ep2 are based on source 2.0 so I guess that Portal will have the same problem.

I need a solution, that's getting really annoying, anyways I'm going to reinstall TF2 cause my models are buggy, shiny and poor-textured(but details are on high,that's that autoexec file I deleted which do that).

Only the latest driver (don't remember its name but if you look at the 9800's ones you will find it),and if that's not the latest one that's the older one (the

default one).

DXDIAG shows it for me aswell, but currently the only cards that are capable of running DirectX 11 are ATi' HD5000 series. NVIDIA's upcoming 300-series will most likely support DX11 too, but they don't have a release date yet.

Sorry for being offtopic :V

default one).

DXDIAG shows it for me aswell, but currently the only cards that are capable of running DirectX 11 are ATi' HD5000 series. NVIDIA's upcoming 300-series will most likely support DX11 too, but they don't have a release date yet.

Sorry for being offtopic :V

Nah it's ok :V

The only thing I can do is waiting for Steam support then, but I feel they won't answer (Guild Wars support helps faster than them,Wooooo!^^)

If that's not my card, not Windows 7, then mmm....

Virus? I scanned fastly my pc and no problems were detected, I'll do it again though cause I didn't finish the analysis (I use Bitdefender 2010)

[Double post soz pls kthxbai :V ]

Ok, I installed TF2 again, this time I deleted the TF2 folder in my hard disk but after installing/updating I still have very low framerate (and still the ugly models, because of something in the autoexec that alterated the models, that's for sure).

Also I checked, it's the same problem in L4D but L4D2 is ok(but they both are based on the source engine, so that's weird that only one of them works correctly).

Another thing, I've the impression gmod starts to be a victim too, I mean in Zombie Survival especially (singleplayer is ok and I tried to see on Noxious -shame on me :V - if I had low fps but I didn't have enough time to check that) the fps often go down between 45-20-25 which is quite annoying (but it's not as worst as TF2 though).

On Steam Support's side, nothing, I'm still waiting but I think they won't answer me (and I didn't get any confirmation from the french Steam support, cause I told you I've asked them too).

The suspects, for me, are: Graphic card failure(?)/pilot, Windows 7(but that would be strange because those who have W7 don't seem to bug), processor bug (strange too because my other games seem to work fine :/ ), Direct X(???)

Also I've put Steam in compatilibity mode for Vista, it displayed a message that it's not recommended etc etc but that's still buggy in game.

Only Steam Support can really help me now I think, unless I find the source of the problem before. :/

to run it in compatibility mode, right click tf shortcut, select compatibility tab, check the "run this game in compatibility mode" an select xp or other.

Yesterday I tried this, I went to the steamapps/username/teamfortress2/ and I clicked on the hl2 thingy and set the compatibility mode on Vista but I had an error message, I'll retry tomorrow and get that message.

I finally received a mail from Steam support, they asked me to send them a msinfo32 file so they can analyze my configuration.

Hello Yannis,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Please follow the instructions linked below to run a msinfo32 report to attach to this case so we may further diagnose the issue:

Title: How to run and submit MSINFO32 Info reports

URL: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1376-WTZN-9132

Note: Please make sure your operating system is updated fully before running the report.

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp

I did that,now I have to wait again but I hope they will find something.. :<

Edit: Also,confusion, I tried the xp mode, no better results :/

Edited by Chikennugget1

I need some help, Steam Support sent me an email saying that my msinfo32 file is corrupted.

So I have some steps to follow to recreate the file (and check if that's not corrupted).

I can't copy paste the steps cause I'm on my ipod but well,ok here is the first step:

1) I have to go the command prompt, but then, the person who sent the mail says "type "net localgroup administrators NetworkService/ADD recreate the msinfo file and open the file to make sure it's not corrupted"

But I don't know what do I must type into the command prompt, I tried "net localgroup" but it gave me a weird text, if I copy "net localgroup administrators NetworkService" and maybe with /add I have "Error system 5".

I need help, though I didn't have enough time to do that (got discretly on the comp just to see the thing).

Then the second step is in case that the file would still be corrupted I will have to repair the WMI.

I especially need to know what do I enter in the command prompt :/

Damn,I entered that I got system error 5, so I launched the prompt as administator and I got "System error 1376" "The specified local group doesn't exists"

EDIT: I tried "net localgroup administrateurs NetworkService /ADD" (because I typed net localgroup and it wrote me the different groups, and administrators was administrateurs so I typed this one,french,to see) and it wrote that the command ended correctly :o

But then how I see if my file is not corrupted :o

Edit2: I followed the steps of the guy and it doesn't works, I think I'm going to do a system restoration.

Very harrassing to do that command prompt thingy with all those commands.

Edited by Chikennugget1

Double post again.

I've sent again a mail to steam support last week but they are very long to answer (...)

I played some Zombie Survival and my fps are low and sometimes very laggy when I'm looking at some points of the map.

I don't know, I'm sure that's Windows 7, I don't want to uninstall it because I don't have Vista CDs, and I don't want to have this mammoth, taking 3 hours to boot, maybe that's just some incompatibility with the system, I don't know.

Nothing seems to work so I'll just continue installing games and running them and we'll see if something miraculous happens or whatever.......