Mr. Green Gaming

Framerate issues in TF2

Well I don't know, x64 bits version is maybe the source of the problem, or not.

And that guy from Steam support said, when I followed his steps, my msinfo32 file is corupted but I don't know how to see if it's really corrupted, he said it should has a 2mb weight, mine do have around 1.17 or something.

And when I followed his "how to fix msinfo32" thing, it failed.

Maybe I'm totally wrong and in that case that would be a compatibility problem?

Because L4D2 is ok (and it has been released after Windows 7 so it has been thought for Windows 7 etc).

Edited by Chikennugget1
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright (again double post :3 ) , after investigating on Microsoft's forums and continuing process with Steam Support, the conclusion is apparently a failing hardware.

I got advices: From a member on Microsoft forum: Check GPU's ventilation, check motherboard and try to find drivers (not easy thought, cause my motherboard is not originally from the pc, it's a replacement one).

Steam : Motherboard/ hard drive failing.

Also, 2 days ago I heard little "squeeks" from the PC but I didn't hear them then.

I've cleaned my hard drive, removing the few dust.

Now I need to open the PC, but the person from Microsoft said I should discharge the static electricity on an important metallic item and manipulate with caution the GPUs.

Also I didn't find yet how to open the tower :V

So, I was right, that's something due to Windows 7 (problems W7-motherboard).

I don't know if I'm going to continue to try to open the tower and clean the hardware, it seems risked (and I'll get a laptop soon, I hope it can runs TF2 & Gmod!)

Alright (again double post :3 ) , after investigating on Microsoft's forums and continuing process with Steam Support, the conclusion is apparently a failing hardware.

I got advices: From a member on Microsoft forum: Check GPU's ventilation, check motherboard and try to find drivers (not easy thought, cause my motherboard is not originally from the pc, it's a replacement one).

Steam : Motherboard/ hard drive failing.

Also, 2 days ago I heard little "squeeks" from the PC but I didn't hear them then.

I've cleaned my hard drive, removing the few dust.

Now I need to open the PC, but the person from Microsoft said I should discharge the static electricity on an important metallic item and manipulate with caution the GPUs.

Also I didn't find yet how to open the tower :V

So, I was right, that's something due to Windows 7 (problems W7-motherboard).

I don't know if I'm going to continue to try to open the tower and clean the hardware, it seems risked (and I'll get a laptop soon, I hope it can runs TF2 & Gmod!)

My tower case is opend right now lol ( and so it was since i bought it , i opend it )

As long as you don't rip out any cables, you'll be fine. And the ESD is a must to evade, rlly if it discharges on anything of your cards you're fucked ^^

use euhm, Everest something to check your hardware, it's easier to find drivers.

Normally your tower can be opened on the sides with A)screws or B)sort of clips

you can always try running at different commands: DX, other launch things I can't think of atm

What you should do:

1. Return the PC to Acer. If it's still in warranty ofcourse. (I doubt it is, it's probably void because you put in new components, PC manufacturers DON'T like that, small things like HDD or RAM is okay, but something mayor like a motherboard isn't).

2. If this is not an option for some reason, ask people at the NVIDIA Forums. People on the Microsoft forums possibly aren't very expierenced with hardware (although I'm sure most of them are). Microsoft's own support is the last one you should contact. This is most likely a hardware problem, not OS related.

3. Can't stress this enough: Try OLDER drivers. Like the 180.XX drivers. If this doesn't work, try installing the newest drivers the clean way:

- Download the latest drivers

- Download DriverSweeper

- Remove the drivers using the control panel in Windows

- Reboot into safe-mode

- Use DriverSweeper to clean the NVIDIA driver files

- Reboot into Windows

- Install the latest driver. DO NOT LET WINDOWS UPDATE INSTALL IT FOR YOU!

Installing the drivers Windows Update gives you is never a smart thing to do.

Mayco > I cleaned drivers with Sweeper but when I try whether on Windows or Safe mode it doesn't boot.There is "windows is starting" and I have some blue screen which lasts less than a second and it reboots.Now I'm under "repair Windows" he suggests a system restoration...And there is a weird sound "Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" which came and left Oo

Edit: Right, I did the system restore, no choice.

Edited by Chikennugget1

Noooo arrrrgggh the problem seems to be back.

I had problems with Direct X not launching properly in TF2, it was always under DirectX 8 when I checked the settings, so in the launch options I typed "+mat_dxlevel 95" to put it automatically on Direct X 9+ when I launch the game.

But when I do that I have to configure my settings each time I start the game :/

Then I found that I can let Direct X 9 without typing mat_dxlevel 95 but just -dxlevel 95.

The problem is that once I did that I couldn't join any server, when it loads I crash as soon as I have the starting screen :/

So after trying to put to Direct X 8 and tried to use different mat_dxlevel and stuff I got again my FPS problem.

This time that's sure, that's not hardware related, it's something with the DXs commands!

I'm going to try different commands to see.

• 1 month later...

Alright, I'm bumping this because I finally found what caused my framerate problem:

Bit Defender Total Security 2010.

After uninstalling it TF2 worked fine and when I reinstalled it it bugged again.

The guy from Steam Support told me to make the Steam directory an exception for the active scanning, I did it but the framerate is still low.

I don't want to uninstall Bitdefender, it's a good antivirus (and I bought it..)

He told me to try to run BD in "game mode", I'll try that later on.

Thatwas just as info

Edited by Chikennugget1