Mr. Green Gaming

Half-life Topic

Mr. Darkness

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-st news about half-life: Black mesa in Russia! It seems that we will (russians) can buy Black mesa source in shops! not nesesary in steam! Yay!!!

Also it will came out in the end of 2009! (september-december)

Black Mesa: Source won't come out in stores, anywhere.

1-st news about half-life: Black mesa in Russia! It seems that we will (russians) can buy Black mesa source in shops! not nesesary in steam! Yay!!!

Also it will came out in the end of 2009! (september-december)

It's a free Source mod... just like Insurgency, Zombie Panic and SMod.

• 1 month later...
TV

Gameland TV

Well there's no way I can confirm that, since it's all Russian.

Another point: The creators of Black Mesa Source aren't allowed to sell it anyway. They modded the Source engine without buying a license. That, and it requires a Source game to run. And that makes it a mod. And mods can't be sold. It's illegal (selling the mod, that is).

And they can't even pay for publishing the game, since that is really expensive.

Not sure what Gameland TV based this on, because there are no other websites that confirm it or even notice it.

NOES, Gman is CHUCK NORRIS!!

I read somewhere that gman was a name made by the half life community, does anyone know if this is true?

because you can spawn gman in half life 2 with npc_create npc_gman but i dont have half life 1 so i dont know if you can spawn him in that and whether its under the same name.

Either way its not Gawden Fweeman, i dont see how that would work.

Valve have said in an interview somewhere that Gman is just a name assigned to the model because of his resemblance to a Government Agent who were nick named G-men. Some things are just black & white without any grand theory behind them such as the sun setting, there's no grand force fromgod pulling the sun down, just like Gman is a name assigned to a model and it has no real relevance to the story of HL at all.

Valve have said in an interview somewhere that Gman is just a name assigned to the model because of his resemblance to a Government Agent who were nick named G-men. Some things are just black & white without any grand theory behind them such as the sun setting, there's no grand force fromgod pulling the sun down, just like Gman is a name assigned to a model and it has no real relevance to the story of HL at all.

Hmmm .. Maybe so. But couldnt it be a cover up? :P couldnt they be saving that major twist for ep3? who knows, ive just seen tons and tons of different theories that I find intruiging.

yeah, this year is the 11th Anniversary of HL1 & the 10th of CS

Im pretty sure we're going to see CounterStrike 2, they even mentioned it about 2years ago on GameTrailers.com briefly (Valve).

So yeah I think it would get bundled with HL ep3 similar to how we saw the orange box I think.

It would only make sense to release it this year with Ep3 .... If it doesnt/hasnt already been delayed until next year.

I sense it will be.

yeah, this year is the 11th Anniversary of HL1 & the 10th of CS

Im pretty sure we're going to see CounterStrike 2, they even mentioned it about 2years ago on GameTrailers.com briefly (Valve).

So yeah I think it would get bundled with HL ep3 similar to how we saw the orange box I think.

It would only make sense to release it this year with Ep3 .... If it doesnt/hasnt already been delayed until next year.

I sense it will be.

its valve, it'll be delayed until next year, i can just tell with my game delay sense