Mr. Green Gaming

Half-life Topic

Mr. Darkness

yeah, this year is the 11th Anniversary of HL1 & the 10th of CS

Im pretty sure we're going to see CounterStrike 2, they even mentioned it about 2years ago on GameTrailers.com briefly (Valve).

So yeah I think it would get bundled with HL ep3 similar to how we saw the orange box I think.

It would only make sense to release it this year with Ep3 .... If it doesnt/hasnt already been delayed until next year.

I sense it will be.

I sense it won't. There's not much point in releasing a new version of Counter-Strike now using the Source engine when you can just update CSS to use the current Source version.

Valve already said they probably won't be doing another Orange Box.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im pretty sure we're going to see CounterStrike 2, they even mentioned it about 2years ago on GameTrailers.com briefly (Valve).

So yeah I think it would get bundled with HL ep3 similar to how we saw the orange box I think.

It would only make sense to release it this year with Ep3 .... If it doesnt/hasnt already been delayed until next year.

I sense it will be.

I sense it won't. There's not much point in releasing a new version of Counter-Strike now using the Source engine when you can just update CSS to use the current Source version.

Hmm I guess your right, especially on theres not much point using the latest source engine to make a new counter strike..

It will be interesting to see what decisions Valve make soon, and even to see where Valve end up especially with all the fairly recent rumors of Google trying to purchase them.

I sense it will be.

Hmm I guess your right, especially on theres not much point using the latest source engine to make a new counter strike..

It will be interesting to see what decisions Valve make soon, and even to see where Valve end up especially with all the fairly recent rumors of Google trying to purchase them.

what would google even want with valve?

I sense it will be.

Im not sure. Google wants it all.

Valve wont give them self.

Its a very big corporation. Imagine the whole steam and the whole Valve Corporation in hands of google

looks stupid

heh, google wants Valves games

I sense it will be.

This was just a rumour, based on nothing :P

Gaming site Kotaku threw some cold water on the report after speaking to Doug Lombardi, Valve's director of marketing. The site said Lombardi called the Google acquisition report "purely a rumor, a bit of fiction." Though that wasn't a direct quote, and there's some wiggle room in the wording, Kotaku also concluded that Google is "out of the picture."

Source

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
It's dark to hide the lack of details in the map :/

Kinda like with your ZS maps? :awesome:

I were just looking some youtube vids and found this.

[tube]

Do you agree with Him/them?

I don't, Insurgency and PVK2 are a lot better worked out than Zombie Panic Source, also Synergy is only at the 10th place for him, and he thinks Fortress Forever is better (even TFC is better than FF to me). But, it's just a personal opinion. He should called it 'My personal Top 10 HL2 MP mods'.

Other than that, does anyone of you know Half-Life: Decay? It originally was a PS2 co-op expansion for HL1, that was supposed to come to PC too, but never has, until now. A mod team has ported the PS2 version to PC. HL fans should check it out:

http://decay.half-lifecreations.com/

Half life episode 1 and half life episode 2 where way to short I believe.

I really hope (atleast I think) that they are going way bigger with episode 3.

I still love playing half life 1 (the really first half life) the cool thing about that game is that the engine fits on any kind of computer like vista, XP and others. (unlike many others I have playd <_< )

Just found a new single player game with story. Look:

Seven years after the first day of contact, Earth has now

become occupied by the Necrotrophs; a name coined by the Resistance scientists

to refer to those who harbor the organism that has full control over all

sensations and consciousness.

The Necrotrophs are not zombies or the undead but are humans

that were mentally reverted into an animal-like state; meaning, they don't just

simply try to claw at you but they hunt you. They have similar instincts to

that of a pack of wolves or other predators.

This idea is reiterated in the level design by giving it

that "Urban Jungle" look to it. There are trees, tall grass, and obstacles

everywhere. This allows the Necrotrophs to weave in and out between all of these

elements and gives them an edge when they hunt down the Human Resistance. An

interesting element is also the tall grass. It not only works as a great way to

reveal every players position (through movement sound fx), but it can give both

teams enough dense foliage that allows them to hide -- or at the very least masks

portions of their body as they maneuver around the map increasing the

difficulty of connecting a shot.