Mr. Green Gaming

I quit smoking

EmRA

I don't get "accepted into a group" just because I smoke..

I think you misunderstood, I don't mean "accepted into a group" as in people saying "You need to smoke before we become your 'friends' ", it's just that you get together with other smokers, you start discussing stuff and from there it's easier to get to know people.

Smoking is just a social thing after all. Though it's actually really selfish towards people who don't smoke.

I think you misunderstood, I don't mean "accepted into a group" as in people saying "You need to smoke before we become your 'friends' ", it's just that you get together with other smokers, you start discussing stuff and from there it's easier to get to know people.

Smoking is just a social thing after all. Though it's actually really selfish towards people who don't smoke.

Indeed it is a social thing.

Also, my two best friends are smoking so kinda hard not to. Nearly everywhere I go to nowadays people are smoking.

I hate little kids that smoke becuse they think they are cool

I see this a lot on my way from school to home. Just 2 or even 1 kid smoking in a tunnel (for bicycles), scared of their parents seeing them smoke.

Also, my two best friends are smoking so kinda hard not to. Nearly everywhere I go to nowadays people are smoking.

Most of my friends smoke, but I don't. Smoking "because everyone else does" is a sign of weakness, it shows you are incapable of making your own decisions without giving in to peer-pressure.

I see this a lot on my way from school to home. Just 2 or even 1 kid smoking in a tunnel (for bicycles), scared of their parents seeing them smoke.

Most of my friends smoke, but I don't. Smoking "because everyone else does" is a sign of weakness, it shows you are incapable of making your own decisions without giving in to peer-pressure.

Yep, but I don't smoke because of them, I was actually the one who started to smoke.

Yep, but I don't smoke because of them, I was actually the one who started to smoke.

Sorry but.

You said you started to kinda smoke because your friends smoke hard, but now you started to smoke and they followed ? :confused:

P.S on topic: I dont smoke, so my lungs love me wub.gif

Edited by Hundred2

1°) I drink a little bit of alcohol ( StPatrick INCOMING !!!!!!!!!!! ) and I want to drunk lemon in an Mojito :3

2°) I smoke , and I think it's very idiot but , If you smoke , at the beginning you said : " I can stop everytimes" but with the times , yr consomation grow up and yr dependency level up too .

And I think , it's yr country which want to smoke ( 1 pacquet of Marlboro = 5.50 € in France ).The French president augment prices of cigarette but consomation augment too .... :/

And , finally , I think , and I like it , drink and smoke but just into party . It's my point of view .

I started smoking when I was 14 because I saw others smoke and wanted to do it too. Now I am almost 30 and it has become a habit. I don't smoke a lot anymore, but I do smoke socially. Also if I get angry, nervous or frustrated a cigarette is calming.

My suggestion to all that have not started smoking is, not to start because it can KILL YOU. If you do smoke at least try to slow down and possibly quit.

P.S on topic: I dont smoke, so my lungs love me wub.gif

Does it count if I love you too? :wub:

Also, I dont smoke, because it almost killed my dad, so I made a pact with myself to never touch the stuff, same with drugs, but for moral reasons :V

EDIT: I am addicted to Starbucks' Frappuchino's, if that counts for anything.

Edited by ERROR 401

The only valid reason to smoke is because you get "accepted" into a group of people you share something (really common) with, and from there it's easier to get to know other people.

The "smoking to relax" argument doens't make sense to me. If you're a soldier and you just returned from the battlefield, or if you're still in the battlefield and you have just a few minutes to smoke: Yes, it's a good way to relax (putting your attention on something else that doesn't depend on you). If you have time to discuss smoking on an internet forum, you're obviously not in a tight situation with just a few minutes to spare.

Well, i had smoked lately , i didnt smoked when all my friends did and all my family smokes. But paris is a stressfull city, i pass through some big problems, but i didnt smoked to get accepted. Now i regret and i want to stop... So yes a lot of people smokes to be cool and to join a flock of people but i dont :P btw i stopped smoked weed a lot like before, it's just casualy now.

My other drug is coffee :P

Edited by Ni pah