Mr. Green Gaming

New law in norway just passed, Seems like we cant raise our children in the way we want.

Ohgod Ohman.

I meant that people will do it whether or not it's illegal or not haha :P

I still think being able to smack your child should be legal. As long as you don't over do it.

This was the problem. People said it just was slapping and got away whit it. No thts illegal to

Agreed, after watching this tread for a while i noticed that its really splitted between keep the law/remove it.

And to beatalex +1

@notte +1

I agree with your post but a child does not know the diffrence between behaviour control and abuse, furthermore kids learn what abuse looks like and if you try to control their behaviour they scream out abuse.

I remember when our family had a visit of a kid and her mom, she ,with purpose began screaming profanity and her mom tried to control her behaviour, screamed out ABUSE so loud my fucking ears popped...

I got hit a few times myself and it made me obey. But i think a reward system will work better than a punishment system. The children will think that hitting people is normal and maybe get aggresive in the near future. You could still punish them without physically hurting them. Take away their computer or mobile phone for example. Children from around 14 until they are 18 that have done a serious crime should be equally punished as adults and have a criminal record when they get out of jail.

Edited by Damien

I agree that good behaviour should be rewarded, but, at a younger age, if you do something bad and you get a slap, you then link the two together. Bad behavour = pain. It doesn't even have to be a big pain, just as long as you link the two together you're sure not to do it again.

I would be against the Law if it would be in my own country, because I dont know the culture and behaviour of people in Norway that much.

All I know is that on my school whe can do with a teacher whatever whe want.

It doesnt mean that I actually do it, but I know quite alot of guys that would.

Teachers do not have the power anymore , kids have it. (not afcourse with every teacher; since every teacher is different).

Kids needs too be brought up well and every parent does it in there own way, I believe that every single one of them should be able too choose for him/herself.

Teachers do not have the power anymore , kids have it. (not afcourse with every teacher; since every teacher is different).

What do you mean with that?

I would be against the Law if it would be in my own country, because I dont know the culture and behaviour of people in Norway that much.

Kids needs too be brought up well and every parent does it in there own way, I believe that every single one of them should be able too choose for him/herself.

Same in norway

The children are so badly behaved, they control the class. Teachers can't touch them, as that would be against the law. The badly behaved children don't have discipline and know right from wrong, but choose not to do right as they wont get punished in a way that effects them greatly.