Mr. Green Gaming

The Admin Thing

Admins  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How should admins be chosen in your opinion?

• They should be active on IRC as much as possible, plus be active on the forums a lot. Playing in the server is not so important because when there is a cheater, or griever or whatever, you can go to IRC and ask for a admin to come.
    • They should play a lot in the servers. So when there are more admins around, it is way handier than having to search for them everytime. Plus, in TF2, it is really annoying to alt-tab and all to go to IRC all the way. Admins should be available at Steam.
    • They should have been active in the Green community a lot. So we know and trust him/her, and he/she deserves it too. They are always around in IRC and sometimes play on the servers.
    • They should be known on the forums, but don't have to be active on the forums. But they are very popular in the servers, they play a lot in it. Them for Admin!
    • Being made admin shouldn't just be individual but needy too. Mr. Purple plays a lot in Arena, Mr. Yellow plays a lot in PayLoad, Mr. Red plays a lot in CP/CTF, but they barely ever visit other servers. They should all be made admin.
    • None of the above.

Ah. I see the point you're making clearer now.

But you can't expect admins to be on 24/7 perhaps it's just unlucky that whenever you're on is when they're taking a break. I think Phect and Axon are pretty much the only ones who don't venture outside of Arena much. But I know for a fact that the others play on PL alot.

Nothings stopping you from coming into Arena mode and asking and Admin whose on there. I know they'd be willing to come sort out the problem ^_^

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah srry, I have exams still (last one tomorrow) I promise I'll play like I used to. I am not in the top 100 because of the simple fact that I refuse to play arena, and if I do I certainly do not go there for points. Waiting sucks, I like it fast paced.

And if I'm not playing I'm contactable almost through the entire day (I need sleep thank you) you have xfire, steam, IRC, the forum. It's not like there is no way to get to me.

It looks like admins only play in the Arena.

True. And balmung odin knows there are other servers. He never played on arena so he dont know the arena server so he is never going in there thats the same with other guys. And why they dont know other admins? or not even 1. well you can ask yourself that question ;).

In my defense, I get really laggy at times on PL & CP

Idd. thats true. But everyone got it. Its kinda annoying idd. Pl is more lagg then cp but pl got more people then cp :P (Oh wait before i got a reply. When cp servers are full there is still not a big lagg spikes as in pl)

Edited by rogue

Rogue on your question of why does no one know the other admins.

That's kinda an easy one lol, how many times have you actually seen admin have to use his powers or even hear him say that he's admin. It's not that the people don't know the person, it's because they don't know that they're admins. Not everyone goes prancing around that they are admin on the server and that they should behave, you know that I know a lot of people and I hope they still remember me, but I doubt any of them that aren't active on the forum know that I'm a tf2 admin.

Rogue on your question of why does no one know the other admins.

That's kinda an easy one lol, how many times have you actually seen admin have to use his powers or even hear him say that he's admin. It's not that the people don't know the person, it's because they don't know that they're admins. Not everyone goes prancing around that they are admin on the server and that they should behave, you know that I know a lot of people and I hope they still remember me, but I doubt any of them that aren't active on the forum know that I'm a tf2 admin.

Hehe the first one that got a point :D Whoepie.

Well then there is none of the admins they will call if there is something strange in the servers. Thats why they always call me. (If i already didn't knew this :rolleyes: ) If there is just one/two admin on all the servers that play often then they got somebody to call.

aren't there actually plugins of some kind that when !admin or something is typed some message or something gets send to admins. I thought that existed somewhere.

You go in Team chat and type "@[message]"

I accidently did it earlier while trying to say something to a team mate. XD

aren't there actually plugins of some kind that when !admin or something is typed some message or something gets send to admins. I thought that existed somewhere.

You go in Team chat and type "@[message]"

I accidently did it earlier while trying to say something to a team mate. XD

That only displays to admins in that server not globally.

It looks like admins only play in the Arena.

True. And balmung odin knows there are other servers. He never played on arena so he dont know the arena server so he is never going in there thats the same with other guys. And why they dont know other admins? or not even 1. well you can ask yourself that question ;).

I do play arena but you aren't on at that time

i rather go on payload (ctf/cp hasn't got players on it ) cause there are more people and usually some1 with lol tags

i only go in arena when some1 i know is in it same like grass i hate waiting

Imo they should be on the severs playing..

That is where they are needed is it not?

Sorry to burst your bubble and everything but it isn't really feasible to be playing a game all day long. However, it is feasible to idle in IRC with nickalert on all day long.

No IRC for tf2 people. B)

Imo they should be on the severs playing..

That is where they are needed is it not?

Sorry to burst your bubble and everything but it isn't really feasible to be playing a game all day long. However, it is feasible to idle in IRC with nickalert on all day long.

If there is enough server admins, it is easily possible to cover almost all day on servers. I never said one person should do it all by himself.

In a previous clan i was in, a cod clan that was, we had about 5 admins on each server, me beeing one of them.. Them only having the possibility to kick and ban whilst the head clan leader was the only one able to do changes to the server etc.

This worked like a charm for us, there was not many minutes a day, where there was not an admin available playing on server..

Is this not a thing also possible for you here on MR.Green to do also?

jup

everytime i have to window my game and go to irc it bugs out

have to restart irc everytime i go out of the game and then i lose all my conversations in there

so it isn't suitable

talking on steam is

just shift tab and it has an ingame window

way better

and why does some1 that only has admin on tf2 has to be in irc.

you hardly talk about tf2 in irc and contact him on steam then if there is something in irc

so admins for tf2 are mainly picked like

active ingame

be online at steam

friendly

mature