Mr. Green Gaming

The Admin Thing

Admins  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How should admins be chosen in your opinion?

• They should be active on IRC as much as possible, plus be active on the forums a lot. Playing in the server is not so important because when there is a cheater, or griever or whatever, you can go to IRC and ask for a admin to come.
    • They should play a lot in the servers. So when there are more admins around, it is way handier than having to search for them everytime. Plus, in TF2, it is really annoying to alt-tab and all to go to IRC all the way. Admins should be available at Steam.
    • They should have been active in the Green community a lot. So we know and trust him/her, and he/she deserves it too. They are always around in IRC and sometimes play on the servers.
    • They should be known on the forums, but don't have to be active on the forums. But they are very popular in the servers, they play a lot in it. Them for Admin!
    • Being made admin shouldn't just be individual but needy too. Mr. Purple plays a lot in Arena, Mr. Yellow plays a lot in PayLoad, Mr. Red plays a lot in CP/CTF, but they barely ever visit other servers. They should all be made admin.
    • None of the above.

They should be active on IRC as much as possible, plus be active on the forums a lot. Playing in the server is not so important because when there is a cheater, or griever or whatever, you can go to IRC and ask for a admin to come.

this in tf2 is bad. because 3/4 of the players doesn't use irc;-/ so when do they contact you, NEVER. in the 2/3 years i am playing i always used the steam-community to talk with admins about a cheater ingame.

- Active on the server he's admin on (atleast 1/2 hours per day): do that 3 hours a day only in weekend much more:D

- When not playing on the server online at IRC to assist in case of an emergency: this thing i dont agree with. reason you see in this post. (only in tf2 servers, dont know how this is working on other servers).

- Checks and posts on the forums several times per day (both server related and off-topic talk): well doing this as well

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know what i am thinking... but i respect others decisions too. so dont be offensive against me

Um... I do not know what you are thinking......

- When not playing on the server online at IRC to assist in case of an emergency: this thing i dont agree with. reason you see in this post. (only in tf2 servers, dont know how this is working on other servers).

Here lies the difference. In my opinion, IRC is important in MTA, and I completely agree with you that IRC has little to do with TF2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My perfect admin (lol):

- Active on the server he's admin on (atleast 1/2 hours per day).

- When not playing on the server online at IRC to assist in case of an emergency.

- Checks and posts on the forums several times per day (both server related and off-topic talk).

fits for me, I wasn´t that active on IRC because i was ingame always.( Iam avaible at steam of course)

we better spam here than spam the app of Pufulet as Blue said

there is some more about it in the app of mif :rolleyes:

and its not spam, its the truth :D

I know it´s the truth, i were really mad about months ago I still think its unfair but Iam not the one that choose the admins here.

I know it´s the truth, i were really mad about months ago I still think its unfair but Iam not the one that choose the admins here.

i totally agree that you went mad about it, its just not respectful in my eyes.

:lol:

i totally agree that you went mad about it, its just not respectful in my eyes.

ark of truth...

i am not only one blaming about css needs more admins

check this old topic

Edited by MiF

My perfect admin (lol):

- When not playing on the server online at IRC Steam to assist in case of an emergency.

- Checks and posts on the forums several times per day (both server related and off-topic talk).

Because really, the TF2 forum has nothing on there. Old news threads, a few hundred crosshair threads and that's it. Nobody posts. Off-topic? No point. There are plenty of people I know well on the TF2 servers that I chat to in-game and on Steam chat. The forums aren't a real indication of 'the community' since the majority don't use the forums.

As someone who plays every single day in our TF2 servers, this is what I would look for in an admin.

My perfect admin (lol):

- When not playing on the server online at IRC Steam to assist in case of an emergency.

Because really, the TF2 forum has nothing on there. Old news threads, a few hundred crosshair threads and that's it. Nobody posts. Off-topic? No point. There are plenty of people I know well on the TF2 servers that I chat to in-game and on Steam chat. The forums aren't a real indication of 'the community' since the majority don't use the forums.

As someone who plays every single day in our TF2 servers, this is what I would look for in an admin.

"I agree" -Teal'c from Stargate

• 4 weeks later...

Aren't options 2 and 4 basicly the same + 1 thing added

Anyway voted for the second.

people need to be active ingame (counts for TF2) hardly c any admins ingame and that is a problem.

Of all the people i know in tf2 they never go onto irc.

admins hardly visit payload or ctf (like once a week they drop in).

I'm playing like 3/4 hours a day yes haven't got that much to do when i'm home:D

I did saw botervloot ingame yesterday not for long but he was there :)

The thing i'm saying here is that no1 on the tf2 servers cares about irc.

They rather talk to buddys/admins on the steam list.

So my opinion is basicly the same as rogue.

People have to play much on the servers and be nice (not gentle cause you are shooting them anyway).

Get known by the players and after a while apply for admin .

I know irc is one of the places admins rest and wait for posts or something.

But come play tf2 for 2/3 days 3/4 hours a day and ask around if some1 ever visited irc.

There are alot of screamers/anoying people at the server once a while but people just ignore the fact to alt-tab out of the game go to the irc and actually ask for admins which won't do anything anyway.

Admins don't know whats going on outside the game.

They just come in the game say stop (the '' random guy'' stops ) admin leaves and he goes on again.

This is just my thought about it.

P.s. i'm no zombie meat !:()

Edited by Odin

Aren't options 2 and 4 basicly the same + 1 thing added

Anyway voted for the second.

people need to be active ingame (counts for TF2) hardly c any admins ingame and that is a problem.

Of all the people i know in tf2 they never go onto irc.

admins hardly visit payload or ctf (like once a week they drop in).

I'm playing like 3/4 hours a day yes haven't got that much to do when i'm home:D

I did saw botervloot ingame yesterday not for long but he was there :)

The thing i'm saying here is that no1 on the tf2 servers cares about irc.

They rather talk to buddys/admins on the steam list.

So my opinion is basicly the same as rogue.

People have to play much on the servers and be nice (not gentle cause you are shooting them anyway).

Get known by the players and after a while apply for admin .

I know irc is one of the places admins rest and wait for posts or something.

But come play tf2 for 2/3 days 3/4 hours a day and ask around if some1 ever visited irc.

There are alot of screamers/anoying people at the server once a while but people just ignore the fact to alt-tab out of the game go to the irc and actually ask for admins which won't do anything anyway.

Admins don't know whats going on outside the game.

They just come in the game say stop (the '' random guy'' stops ) admin leaves and he goes on again.

This is just my thought about it.

P.s. i'm no zombie meat !:()

I disagree that this is the case.

The admins ARE active in-game, look at the ranking system, pretty much all admins are in at-least the top 100, they don't get there by sitting about out of game, they get their by playing, which is what they do. Them not being in the server you're in doesn't mmean that they're not on. Just look at the server info of one of the other servers, and if they're there you can go and tell them about the griefer/hacker/spammer.

However, I would like to see the Chat Echos making a reappearance~

i do know that they are in the top 100 (some of them)

but that doesn't say they play much

ofcourse they could have played alot when the tf2 servers came out on the beginning

but they aren't playing that much on it anymore

we need some1 active which is avaiable on steam instead of irc where no1 goes