Mr. Green Gaming

IW Suggestion....

So i've heard recently, and agree, that the turrets in Infection war are a bit Over powered. Now you see, first off, picture there being three bones chasing you. You whip around and your turret takes out two, while you take out one. Now picture a team full of experimentals and try to play correctly.

I believe that the problem with the sentry is that its too fast for a dead-accurate sentry gun.

Now onto my suggestion, I believe it would be more appropriate to have a longer range, but slower shooting sentry gun, but does a bit more damage.

It would seem better for gameplay, and make it more balanced for the other team.

Kthxbye. :UU

Oh, also. Sorry if I come off as a dick :U

Other complaints are:

-Too hard to hit while in follow

-Cruel and unusual punishment

-causes aids.

Another idea is to make it use SOME suit power, bare minimum

Well, without an accurate turret (Master exp for example) couldn't really survive well.

I think it's good as it's now. Also, those 3 bones could take you down, as experimental doesn't have much health and he needs his suit for using his weapons.

A full team of experimentals? A joy for behemoth...

Use suit? If it would use suit, you'd be cussed. Your guns need suit, you lose suit when you get hit, your TURRET uses suit, when you try to regen, it just keeps slowing it down and draining it.

Unless you could put it to a ignore enemies mode, but that'd take some time.

The turret is there to prevent the undead team from rushing straight into the human defence, hoping to get a few cheap kills. A lot of people don't get this apparently.

That would be great and all but the turret is not used in that way all the time, and the amount of kills gained with it is far too many. People are using it with the Speed mode and it's causing some players to rack up a crazy amount of kills in a match by simply jumping behind undead lines and doing the damage, instead of actually defending with it. I suggest you implement a very slight drain while the turret is in follow mode, which will make regeneration completely negate the drain, and armour and vision should have no drain, but speed mode should have increased drain if the turret is in the speed mode. Other than that, the turret is pretty much fine.

Why did you make the turret able to shoot, while following the player, if you did not want that to happen?

I mean why did you change it from the old only-deployable turret to this?

To quote the AVGN: "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?"

Lemon!´s idea is in my opinion the best. Lowering the fire rate of the turret while its following is certainly better than having some additional power drain...

NOES I STILL WANT TO KEEP MY OP TURRET DONT CHANGE IT !!11 :(

I think the turrets are good now, the only thing I hate about IW now (and I know most of the people that plays the server) is the Dead Effort upgrade (Behemoth explodes on death).

Even the super-fast turret regen you (Clavus :]) added last update can't keep up with that. it's impossible to survive when there's a behemoth that has that upgrade against you.

I played wolfenstein just a few rounds ago, and Nøtte was the behemoth. He has the upgrade, and got my turret down to about 10% health in 1 life. He just ran, shot me once with meatcannon, then waited for me to kill him and he almost had me killed + turret on low hp.

Turret regen is also very high.. :P

If your turret is down at 50% health you could have it up to 100% in like 1 minute. Even faster if you have Organic Harvest 1 and 2.

I think turrets should stay as they are right now, maybe go back to the old turrets you had to place (they were sweet) and just buff them a little, giving them faster rate of fire + faster target tracking or something.

At least that would require some brain to place them at the right spots.

I liked teh old turrets also :P And i think its gonna be cool if you have to place your turret like the old days, but your can move it like today. However, you cant have it on your shoulder and fire.

An the Dead Effort upgrade, maybe make it less powerfull to turrets :P

Edited by Notte

I liked teh old turrets also :P And i think its gonna be cool if you have to place your turret like the old days, but your can move it like today. However, you cant have it on your shoulder and fire.

An the Dead Effort upgrade, maybe make it less powerfull to turrets :P

Damage to humans: 0

Damage to turrets:0

Win.