Mr. Green Gaming

Changes to the server

why did we lose the vote for map option? it seems like random changes happen on the server without anyone's input that actually race on the server. I also don't like the new kind of maps that have super fast cars there's a lack of continuity with these maps it seems they belong on another server. Just my opinion if it's unwelcome here than just ignore.

I think voting shouldn't have even been enabled in the first place.. I think players only vote for maps because of their names. Most of the time I see people vote for a map that has an attractive name (even rating) like "need4speed", but when they play it, they say it sucks and probably wish they hadn't voted for it..

This way, the server makes random decisions about the next map. Nobody gets upset because their map wasn't voted for, as nobody actually votes.

I hope that voting will remain disabled, it's a better asset to the server.

SDK, could you fix it back to "Random" and "Play again" please? It's just like now because I couldn't be bothered to fix it myself a few weeks ago. :(

i agree i liked when it was random or play agian

Edited by MoshPit

SDK, could you fix it back to "Random" and "Play again" please? It's just like now because I couldn't be bothered to fix it myself a few weeks ago. :(

In that case lose the rating system too.. Because it now shows "Random(?)" as in there's no rating for Random yet or "Play Again" which is pointless

Edited by BinSlayer

I like the voting as it is as of today, much better with "random" and "play again"

I have a proposal too. Could you use this resource on the server? http://community.mtasa.com/index.html?p=resources&s=details&id=665 Coz some toptime is really weird. Hard to decide cheated toptime or not.

Oh hell yeah, we really need that :)

Dont add that! Ghost sucks. Especially when you are racing against yourself...cant see where the fuck you are going. And there are some bugs with that resource. If the ghost hits a barrel...it WILL kill you. And even if you can tell that the ghost is hacking...it doesnt delete the ghost when you delelte the time....

We tried it on our server for a while and it was an all around fail.

I like the voting as it is as of today, much better with "random" and "play again"

I have a proposal too. Could you use this resource on the server? http://community.mtasa.com/index.html?p=resources&s=details&id=665 Coz some toptime is really weird. Hard to decide cheated toptime or not.

Oh hell yeah, we really need that :)

Dont add that! Ghost sucks. Especially when you are racing against yourself...cant see where the fuck you are going. And there are some bugs with that resource. If the ghost hits a barrel...it WILL kill you. And even if you can tell that the ghost is hacking...it doesnt delete the ghost when you delelte the time....

Lies..

Csena says it works :P

The ghost thing doesn't work properly just as tic said. Maybe it could be fixed though. I do like how the voting is now.

Back to the ghost thing, I have seen it knock down fences and hay bales, and blow up barrels. Now if it could be fixed properly, then it would be a nice addition in my opinion.

Danni, trust TicToc. It Does NOT work. when the ghost hits a barrel on the race, he will kill you, even if he isnt racing on the moment. sometimes gives bugs. Anyway, its not a very good idea. "TNT race" it will be a fiasc if ghost hits a barrel.

I've already played alone against it and I bet if 32 players + ghost = wouldnt not be good idea.

i talk with own experience

BUMP.

The 'random' vote is a bit too random. It seems it doesn't care about if a map has just been played, but at every vote it just picks from all the maps. So today there were a lot of occasions where we played a map, and then two others or so and then the first map again, though most times with more maps between it.

Is there a way to make it so that Random chooses a random map, but only chooses ones that haven't been played for a long time or so?

BUMP.

The 'random' vote is a bit too random. It seems it doesn't care about if a map has just been played, but at every vote it just picks from all the maps. So today there were a lot of occasions where we played a map, and then two others or so and then the first map again, though most times with more maps between it.

Is there a way to make it so that Random chooses a random map, but only chooses ones that haven't been played for a long time or so?

yes, but somebody has to script this :) My idea: each map that gets played on the server gets transfered after it has finished playing to the "non-gamemode" group (check "Maps" in the Admin Panel). The reason why I think it should be transfered there is because that group doesn't allow its maps to be in the map cycle. After 10 (or something like that) OTHER maps have been played, the map goes back to "Race" from "non-gamemode". This process happens for EVERY map.

This is the only way I can think of to make the "random" choice not choose the same maps too often.

Oh yeah, and this process should only happen if the players' next choice was not "Play Again"

Edited by BinSlayer

yes, but somebody has to script this :) My idea: each map that gets played on the server gets transfered after it has finished playing to the "non-gamemode" group (check "Maps" in the Admin Panel). The reason why I think it should be transfered there is because that group doesn't allow its maps to be in the map cycle. After 10 (or something like that) OTHER maps have been played, the map goes back to "Race" from "non-gamemode". This process happens for EVERY map.

This is the only way I can think of to make the "random" choice not choose the same maps too often.

Oh yeah, and this process should only happen if the players' next choice was not "Play Again"

I'm bumping this.. It needs to happen or at least something needs to be done about the RANDOM choice..

How it picks the same maps over and over again of all the other hundreds of maps is beyond me.

Edited by BinSlayer