Mr. Green Gaming

Collectors Editions!

Hey guys,

I'm sure i'm not the only one in the community who isn't enthralled by tiny models, Figureines, Collectables and just, let's face it, Down-right tat.

I've accumulated many Collectors Editions in my time. Some (That's most of the general public) see Collectors Editions as pointless: They only want the game! THE GAME! ... But not me. Oooh no.

I gathered up a few of them and piled them on my desk. Hell, if you look closely enough, you can see my Monitor

I've also labelled them, in case you're curious about what the F*** that crazy S*** is!

(Clearly, i love this stuff too much)

Collectorstuffv1.jpg

ITEMS:

1. This is the Batarang from Batman: Arkham Asylum. It's made of plastic, so you can't stop any would-be Jokers from stealing your girlfriend or whatever.

2. Mhm- Starcraft II. In there, there is a comic book, the game itself, Loads of bonus material and a bonus In-game WoW pet. It's a little robot: Shoots too. (Although is does no damage). I love this one!

3.As stated on the packaging- It's Fable II. With the special edition, you got the Master Cheif's armour. Doesn't really fit in with the games setting, but what the hell.

4. These are the Dark Messiah and Gears of War I Specials. Nothing too spectacular, but both of them superb games. If you havn't played them- Do it. Now.

5. Bioshock II. Comes with a vinyl album. I'm assured that (as well as being scary) That there is some "menacing" messages written upon the vinyl disk in invisible ink. Awesome.

6. The WoW Burning Crusade special Edition. Hate away!

7. What's this? the Wrath of the LichKing Special? More Hate please!

8. This is by far the one with the most Majesty. Although the game wasn't amazing, The Special Edition of Warhammer Online really does stand out. I got a little Orc model too, but i don't play the board game.

9. The Fallout 3 Lunch box. These are immortalised in the game itself as high-explosives. It's awesome. Even though i have never used it, I'm sure the lunch would be perfectly preserved. (Sandwiches not included)

10. Medieval II is a great game. This box set comes with a map of the game world, (Incredibly usefull when conquering the Bazantinians. I hate them so much) and various other Audio CDs. Awesome.

11. This Is *ahem* Ezio Audiatore Da Firenze from Assassin's Creed II. He came with the "Black" Edition of the game, as well as some bonus Templar nests for you to loot. A great game indeed.

12. A bobble-head from Fallout 3. It came with the Lunchbox, but i think it deserves a special mention. Just look at it.

13. The UT3 Special Edition. It's got a fancy box don't you know. Contains some sneak (well at the time) of Gears II and various other goodies.

14. This is proof that i own the Gears of War II Special verison (seeing as i lost the case somewhere) With this, i got an somewhat Sexual version of the games bread and butter weapon: The lancer. This time, it was pimped out and all gold. Makes the glory of Chainsawing a level 100 all the more sweeter.

15. Behold, the Oblivion Special Edition. It comes with a map, some bonus material, but best of all: A septim! (Thats one of the ingame currency if you didn't know). On it is enscribed "The Empire is Law... The Law is Sacred"... Amazing stuff!

16. These are some Gears of War II Figures i picked up from somewhere. Cole TRAIN BABY!

17. The specials of LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth (gives you dragons) and the Crysis Special (gives you an extra vehicle in multiplayer- which i never played)

18. Now, this is a Big Daddy model from Bioshock I, and an EVE-hypo from Bioshock II. Both are awesome, and sit proudly on my desk most of the time!

19. My mouse...

Now it's time for you to show off your stuff!

Comment away!

Thanks again.

That's like €1500 of worthless investments. You could buy a car with the same value...

That's a pretty weird comparison. A car still requires fuel to work, and that easily surpasses €1500, not to mention all the maintenance a car requires. Plus you need a drivers license, etc.

If it's something you enjoy, it's not a worthless investment. If you either don't have a license, or don't give a shit about cars, a €1500 car is a "worthless investment" as well.

That's like €1500 of worthless investments. You could buy a car with the same value...

That's a pretty weird comparison. A car still requires fuel to work, and that easily surpasses €1500, not to mention all the maintenance a car requires. Plus you need a drivers license, etc.

If it's something you enjoy, it's not a worthless investment. If you either don't have a license, or don't give a shit about cars, a €1500 car is a "worthless investment" as well.

Wtf. I'm saying you can buy a car. I don't care what he or someone else is gonna do with it. Driving seems to be most obvious though.

No driving = no fuel = no maintenance. You don't need a drivers license to drive a car.

Sir, you just got 0wn3dz0rz

Geeks :V

I have the Guild Wars: Nightfall's colelctor (art book+exclusive minipet ingame+ some bonus), Halo 3 Collector edition (not the legendary one, just a 70euros box with an artbook/stuff).

I think that's all.

That's crazy, spending all your money into collector editions :/

Also, I have a lot of Halo 2+Halo 3 action figures, a poster, a custom X360 pad, a statuette.

Edited by Chikennugget1

I got the Fallout 3 Collectors Edition + a fallout 3 statue pre-order UK exclusive (and I live in the Netherlands :))

el36ew.jpg

And that wasn't enough for me! I also bought the Fallout 3 game of the year edition.

I am going to buy Fallout New Vegas Collectors Edition and Call of Duty Black Ops Hardened Edition in the future.