Mr. Green Gaming

Donation system

Ywa

Hi everyone,

I'm developing a donation system for both TF2 servers.

What I currently implanted:

• 25% cloak extra when you back stab an enemy as an spy
  • As medic you spawn every time with 50% charge

I need more things for other classes, but I don't know what to add. Ideas are very welcome.

To be updated when I got more implanted :) .

• 4 months later...

Well the donation system causes a imbalance with spys with Death Ringers.

With the faster cloak + Ammo they can get cloak back really fast. what they do is = they get damaged and they activate their death ringer. so they get 10% of the damage.

They decloak and pick up a box of ammo and have cloak again. -_-

and the cycle repeats itself and in a way gives spy god-mode.

the cloak comes back even faster with donation..

i had to kill the same spy 20 times before he really died. :o

Well the donation system causes a imbalance with spys with Death Ringers.

With the faster cloak + Ammo they can get cloak back really fast. what they do is = they get damaged and they activate their death ringer. so they get 10% of the damage.

They decloak and pick up a box of ammo and have cloak again. -_-

and the cycle repeats itself and in a way gives spy god-mode.

the cloak comes back even faster with donation..

i had to kill the same spy 20 times before he really died. :o

Pyro's are a spy's biggest enemy ;)

Well Ywa you could implament for pyros 15% extra damage with the back burner if it hits there back.

For heavys you could either give them a slow health regen or you could give them 25 extra health

For Scouts you could Increase there speed by 10% or make one of their weapons do more damage or even make them jump higher.

for Demo man i would say more ammo carry capacity

for Soldier i would say either 25 more HP or more ammo carry capacity

Maybe a suggestion like RoboRobb ... Make the Sentries stronger.

Thanks for your donation (I've sent you a e-mail) and welcome on the forums. And I could make the sentries a bit stronger. But engineers have already the metal regeneration. So they can fix their sentries quick when there isn't a dispenser around.

Yes, thank you m8.

And i've noticed the engineer metal regenaration. Awesome thing.

One question tough, Is the extra ammo on all classes a 1 time only thing when you spawn?

When i choose Heavy i got 400 bullets but when i go to the ammo closet i have 200 bullets.

I tried to also add it when you touch the resupply closet. But it's technically very hard to do. So it's only on spawn (as -RatMan- already said).

• 1 month later...

The extra cloack thing is too much. As engineer for example you doing nothing else then shot the spy serveral times and he is still around. For players like me it feels just like a cheating spy.

Another importent issue for me is to discuss a limitation for the sniper class. I think a lot of people will be happy if the snipers are limited to max. 2 oder 3 of them. If I join a map and on my team are 5 snipers, several spys and a few engineers than I just go to be a spectator oder leave - you can't win and you propably wouldn't have fun!

The extra cloack thing is too much. As engineer for example you doing nothing else then shot the spy serveral times and he is still around. For players like me it feels just like a cheating spy.

Another importent issue for me is to discuss a limitation for the sniper class. I think a lot of people will be happy if the snipers are limited to max. 2 oder 3 of them. If I join a map and on my team are 5 snipers, several spys and a few engineers than I just go to be a spectator oder leave - you can't win and you propably wouldn't have fun!

We're not going to limit classes. Everyone is allowed to play the class he/she wants to play. If you think that screws up the teamwork, just try joining the other team.

If you donate, you are allowed for many things. Like some time ago Zs' donation system was different. if you donate 5 euros, you get unlocks like famas, more health and some of that stuff, 10 euros you get a title, more zombie protection and something more and blah blah blah, at 15 you get some more stuff like zombie protection at spawning, pulse rifle and blah blah blah... here the same, kataga, if you will donate, you will unlock extra abilities.

If you donate, you are allowed for many things. Like some time ago Zs' donation system was different. if you donate 5 euros, you get unlocks like famas, more health and some of that stuff, 10 euros you get a title, more zombie protection and something more and blah blah blah, at 15 you get some more stuff like zombie protection at spawning, pulse rifle and blah blah blah... here the same, kataga, if you will donate, you will unlock extra abilities.

actualy o.o it was only 10 eurosat first in zs ;D just to point out , srsly long time ;< and i want that time back! /cut

Edited by norbo
  • 1 month later...

have to say something about this donation-system. on the pl-server there are soo many donators and they make the game really boring. there are clans like hda, insane who have nearly all donated and joins everytime the same team, so one team there are only donators and other team unknown players. it is obvious that then the teams are totally unbalanced. i often joins loser team to make game fair, but with 3 doantor medics in other team u cant do shit.

this donation has nothing to do with a "donation" actually. players buy abilities, so they have an advantage against other players. "I" clan told me they finally donated too, cause insane are too strong with so many player/donators. it is kinda that u force player to donate to have fun on the server.

its ok that donators have more ammo or things u can handle with, but the medic for example is totally overpowered. if u really think to make donators even stronger, i think many people, like me, will leave this server.

pleasy think about that...

[YBGOOD]Wally

Edit: can i find a list of all teamfortress-players who donated or can someone post this. would like to know which players actually donated and which not. think there are not much non-donators in the top 20 left...

Edited by Wally
have to say something about this donation-system. on the pl-server there are soo many donators and they make the game really boring. there are clans like hda, insane who have nearly all donated and joins everytime the same team, so one team there are only donators and other team unknown players. it is obvious that then the teams are totally unbalanced. i often joins loser team to make game fair, but with 3 doantor medics in other team u cant do shit.

this donation has nothing to do with a "donation" actually. players buy abilities, so they have an advantage against other players. "I" clan told me they finally donated too, cause insane are too strong with so many player/donators. it is kinda that u force player to donate to have fun on the server.

its ok that donators have more ammo or things u can handle with, but the medic for example is totally overpowered. if u really think to make donators even stronger, i think many people, like me, will leave this server.

pleasy think about that...

In a way i agree with you, however i don't think it's ment as donators vs non-donators stacking.

I see it as playing with friends in the same team, not stacking to win. I've played many matches where it was insane vs hda or vs HVV or I, or any combination of the sorts :)

I can't speak for everyone, but i've donated for servers without getting a reward. It's not about getting an advantage on other players, but as support for the community.

With the coins systems in the making, it will even things out eventually and gives players something to strife for other than points.

About your top20 question, I know that Crashed (currently #4 standing) didn't donate for example. I can't say for the others because i have no info on this.

yes FadeNoir if the good clans split then we have nice matches, this makes really fun. but yesterday i played vs insane, hda and hvv in the same team and this is really weird. i hate joining the team where all good players are, cause then its boring, but against so many donators u have no chance...

about Crashed, he only plays heavy with sometimes even two donator-medics (one ueber, one crit) like last time, so its nearly the same :)