Mr. Green Gaming

zs_glacier

Darkness is working on a surprise that im pretty sure none of the zs maps have.

glaciers aren't that small, they are fucking huge.

That is more like a small piece of land that hasn't melted.

Don't know why there would be buildings on it.

Sorry to be negative puffy but just doesn't seem that imaginable.

good atmosphere with the nightocean skybox though =#

yeah i know icebergs are much more bigger which im not exactly sure that its called and iceberg so i named it glacier, making a much bigger one would require extremely complex displacements and other tools for it. It was hard to tame this ones displacements.

ONLY I CAN CALL HIM PUFFY =(

Only mappers can call me that so hes allowed. But still mainly Darkness :X

drool.gif

Btw, I fixed the heli a bit. Also It can shoot now :) (no dmg from bullets. It will shoot crates I placed, which will after explode. This will do dmg to players.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i know icebergs are much more bigger which im not exactly sure that its called and iceberg so i named it glacier, making a much bigger one would require extremely complex displacements and other tools for it. It was hard to tame this ones displacements.

drool.gif

Btw, I fixed the heli a bit. Also It can shoot now :) (no dmg from bullets. It will shoot crates I placed, which will after explode. This will do dmg to players.

exploding boxes.... how about it droping heli bombs?

drool.gif

You mean the ones that helicopters drop in hl2? No. For that we need npc_helicopter to work. But in zs its disabled. Only if admins could enable it :3

Those exploding boxes will be placed on the map already. They will have a big explosion radius. Oh and btw. The heli will fly after 60 secs when button is pressed. On the last 2 minutes the trigger_teleport near to helicopter will work. You will be in a close area of helicopter. I will add a monitor inside it... oh and yes. Only 4 players will be abled to enter it. I will use math_counter (very useful for usable triggers) to make sure that more players wont enter.

Using heli you can auto-drop barrels pressing a button in it. (Dont spam it. Thanks. Or else the heli will crash and you will get killed. You will also have a healthcharger in it :3

Oh and btw. Every time the heli begins to take off, I will make a gate between the door enters which will close, so you make sure that zombie fags dont wait for you. (unless its a fast zombie)

Now to do that shit....

Oh and yes.

It will drop supplies flying above the center of the map (with the alarm)

Edited by Mr. Darkness

drool.gif

You mean the ones that helicopters drop in hl2? No. For that we need npc_helicopter to work. But in zs its disabled. Only if admins could enable it :3

Those exploding boxes will be placed on the map already. They will have a big explosion radius. Oh and btw. The heli will fly after 60 secs when button is pressed. On the last 2 minutes the trigger_teleport near to helicopter will work. You will be in a close area of helicopter. I will add a monitor inside it... oh and yes. Only 4 players will be abled to enter it. I will use math_counter (very useful for usable triggers) to make sure that more players wont enter.

Using heli you can auto-drop barrels pressing a button in it. (Dont spam it. Thanks. Or else the heli will crash and you will get killed. You will also have a healthcharger in it :3

Oh and btw. Every time the heli begins to take off, I will make a gate between the door enters which will close, so you make sure that zombie fags dont wait for you. (unless its a fast zombie)

Now to do that shit....

Oh and yes.

no teleporting inside it please, it will ruin it. And i dont want explosives placed already. Make it so it spawns explosive barrels

drool.gif

Now to do that shit....

Oh and yes.

no teleporting inside it please, it will ruin it. And i dont want explosives placed already. Make it so it spawns explosive barrels

Guess you are misunderstanding me.

I'll do a vid tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty much the same as your oil-rig map or whatever it was called. Also, the ice looks blocky and boring... I don't know ...

Its supposed to have the same architect like ambush_v3 becuase its based near it. Only that this map wont be an insta rape and is much better than ambush. The iceberh, like i said couldnt really be played around with alot. I have tried several times to make it look good.

You cant make an iceberg have a good looking.

You will need loads of work with displacements. In this case you can give it a good form, but it can be buggy... sooo not required.

Also you can't occluder it.

I think you should add this map. Dont tell you like zs_pub.

No offense, but from this post (not to mention it's full of mistakes) I concluded a few things:

1) You're an expert at mapping/optimizing maps.

2) You are thinking of what I should do.

3) Pufulet didn't put loads of work into this map.

Edited by Deluvas

You will need loads of work with displacements. In this case you can give it a good form, but it can be buggy... sooo not required.

No offense, but from this post (not to mention it's full of mistakes) I concluded a few things:

actually i did put quite alot of effort into the map, the only thing thats wrong with it and obvious is the blocky iceberg thing. But i tried to turn it into a displacement many times and crashed and failed D:

Ok sad.gif

But if rly, I totally agreed with the last one funny.gif (talking about the icebergs)

Edited by Mr. Darkness