Mr. Green Gaming

Terraria

I love the game but I wouldn't buy it. Simply because there's not much to do after a week or so.. unless they release a huge update with millions of new items and monsters.

Fully destroyable world

Randomly generated world

Building

Starting a new character

Playing with your friends

Totally all done after a week bro better use that big amount of 9 euros on something else

1.Fully destroyable world

2.Randomly generated world

3.Building

4.Starting a new character

5.Playing with your friends

1. Yeah. It's awesome.. but it gets boring after a while. I mean sure it's cool that you can destroy everything but those common blocks get quite dull.

2. Good point but as much as I've seen it's never really that "random". A lot of common points and such.

3. There's not much to build really.. a fortress yeah but there's not THAT many opportunities plus what's there to defend against?

4. Starting everything all over.. just extending the time limit.

5. Haven't tried yet but will probably be fun. And I find this the only point why one would buy it.

Basically yeah.. I already said that it gets boring quick as there ain't a lot of paths to develop towards. I hope I made myself clear.

1. Yeah. It's awesome.. but it gets boring after a while. I mean sure it's cool that you can destroy everything but those common blocks get quite dull.

2. Good point but as much as I've seen it's never really that "random". A lot of common points and such.

3. There's not much to build really.. a fortress yeah but there's not THAT many opportunities plus what's there to defend against?

4. Starting everything all over.. just extending the time limit.

5. Haven't tried yet but will probably be fun. And I find this the only point why one would buy it.

Basically yeah.. I already said that it gets boring quick as there ain't a lot of paths to develop towards. I hope I made myself clear.

1. Do you play Minecraft/similar sandbox game? If not then fair enough.

2. See above

3. The limits of building are near endless, as you have big selection of blocks and items to create a building with, not to mention the large scale of building room both horizontally and vertically. As for defending possibilities there are blood moons (increased mob spawns, zombies can open doors), bosses, goblin invasions and PvP.

4. Personally I think its fun to sometimes start from the scratch, maybe trying to go with a new sort of gameplay style or just for playing with friends.

5. Generally if you are the pirating sort multiplayer would be the only reason to buy a game in the first place. That or just being cheap.

As for paths to develop towards, it's a sandbox game, you are supposed to use your imagination. Just because it has wide selection of powerful items to gather doesn't mean its the only thing you can do.

also i think terraria has better combat system. sure minecraft has swords and bows. but terraria got : swords,bows,guns,phaseblades,bumerangs,grenades and magick items.

also terraria has better explosive stuff. minecraft is ok but terraria is just better.

and what comes to armors. minecraft has leather,iron,gold and diamond armors. when terraria has copper,iron,gold,demonite/shadow,meteor and molten. also terraria has huge loads of accesories.

when it comes to mobs. minecraft haves cows,sheeps,pigs,zombies,skeletons,spiders,slimes,water creature,zombiepig ang ghosts in nethern. terraria has like 5 difrent kinds of slimes,zombies,demon eyes, 3 difrent kinds of skeletons,giant worms,even bigger worms,imps,skeleton drakes or what are they, bees and man eater plants. terraria also has bosses which i know 3 of them world eaters,eye of chutulu and skeletor

combat system agains players i haven't yet tested. but there is 5 difrent teams (1 is no team) pvp can be turned off and on.

i like minecraft and terraria. i play minecraft when i want and terraria when i want :D

I'd rather not go to the VERSUS DUEL BATTLE OF VIDEO GAMES direction.

The reason I was asking if Ruff plays minecraft was because I think it'd be rather silly to call one game's game feature boring and then like the other game's feature that is pretty much the same.

I'd rather not go to the VERSUS DUEL BATTLE OF VIDEO GAMES direction.

The reason I was asking if Ruff plays minecraft was because I think it'd be rather silly to call one game's game feature boring and then like the other game's feature that is pretty much the same.

yeh

I think about buying this game, but still it's lame that the game is 10 euros = 10 pounds = 10 dollars. I'm not quite sure about the pounds, but the fact that the game is 10 dollar, and in my country 10 euros is ridicilous.

Not sure with who I'll play it too, since playing with friends is almost a must. :)

1. Do you play Minecraft/similar sandbox game? If not then fair enough.

Yes. I find Terraria a lot better than Minecraft though. But nothing beats GMod.

My point is.. there are not that many options for expanding. For example in GMod you can build a huge robot and showcase it to a lot of communities. In Terraria the only thing you could possibly showcase is your home. Plus after you finish it there's not much you can do there - except for hiding from zombies. With a robot however, one could play around for hours.

I'm not trying to say Terraria sucks. I love Terraria. I love the 2D, I love the versatile weapon/block/armor system. I love the whole concept. I just find the game too short and not really that endless, considering it a sandbox game.

Edited by KingRuff

Are you saying that in a sandbox game where your building area is thousands of feet wide and tall only thing you can build is a home?

There aren't a lot of objects (still comparing to GMod). So the options are quite limited.

What would you build besides a home (or a genital in the sky)?

Terraria and Garry's Mod are hugely different games, not to mention the amount of user created content created for Garry's Mod over the years.

Here are couple of things (you are not limited to these options):

A House

A Castle

A Large scale mushroom farm

A Skyscraper

An Airship

A Slum

A Slum built around a skyscraper

Replicated level from platformer of choice

platformer level specifically designed for terraria

A village

a city

pixel art

a guide trap

Remember, it's all about imagination and these were just a few examples.

Please tell you were joking with a home being the only thing you can build.

Hmm well I never really tought that much outside the box.. A mushroom farm sounds fun but those take AGES to grow plus you can only grow them underground which means it will be swarmed with monsters.

Anyway, trying to slowly end this argument with me losing (sort of). What I'd like to see in the future is even more blocks (especially colors) to imitate different games and such. And more weapons + armor to have some more stuff worth hunting for.

Hmm well I never really tought that much outside the box.. A mushroom farm sounds fun but those take AGES to grow plus you can only grow them underground which means it will be swarmed with monsters.

Anyway, trying to slowly end this argument with me losing (sort of). What I'd like to see in the future is even more blocks (especially colors) to imitate different games and such. And more weapons + armor to have some more stuff worth hunting for.

This isn't a competition. Everybody wins

• 5 weeks later...