Mr. Green Gaming

Portal 2 mapping

The mapping contest deadline is too tight (probably because Valve is taking an early vacation) so I won't be participating. I'm not that much of an artist either.

It's an unofficial contest. Valve is not really involved with it. Apart from spotlighting the winner.

Nice video Darkstar. Everyone seems to be playing exactly how I hoped they would: enter room -> explore mechanics -> fall into depression because they don't see how to solve it -> have satisfying 'Eureka!' moment -> win puzzle.

The mapping contest deadline is too tight (probably because Valve is taking an early vacation) so I won't be participating. I'm not that much of an artist either.

It's an unofficial contest. Valve is not really involved with it. Apart from spotlighting the winner.

Let's just give it a shot then.

zkRum.jpg

Third version! Thanks to Ywa for finding that quite tricky bug. Moved the door another 16 units back because I noticed I could still pull Mayco's trick off. Besides that I placed a few extra lights.

Download

I think that's pretty much all there is to this map. Thanks everyone for the videos! Next map is already in the works :P

I played and recorded it but for some reason it has a resolution of 300px or whatever so it'll have to go like this.

I quite enjoy it, it is possible to press the button without the gel though and I think it's under platform9 you can see the void/leak thingy you know when textures lag over each other.

nevertheless it was incredible fun to find out the stuff

I have to say, I quite liked it.

Still, it's not really that subtle even so. Only after a lot of trail and error did I see how I could make it. The lightning is really bland, and so is the environment. I also disliked the use of the portal-gun; I didn't really use it that much at all.

Edited by Botervloot

I played and recorded it but for some reason it has a resolution of 300px or whatever so it'll have to go like this.

I quite enjoy it, it is possible to press the button without the gel though and I think it's under platform9 you can see the void/leak thingy you know when textures lag over each other.

nevertheless it was incredible fun to find out the stuff

All fixed in the newer version which you can download.

I have to say, I quite liked it.

Still, it's not really that subtle even so. Only after a lot of trail and error did I see how I could make it. The lightning is really bland, and so is the environment. I also disliked the use of the portal-gun; I didn't really use it that much at all.

Yeah I'm not too fond of the puzzle itself in its current state, but it's the best I could think off right now. It probably won't be the final version anyway, I'll try and come back to it after I made the next maps in the series.

I liked it, recorded it aswell

It's uploading as we speak, so vid coming in a moment (doing it in 480p for the sake of faster uploading)

1317900061.png

Edit:

Gonna do it in HD after all, don't want crappy looking vid on my youtube :V

And after someone kept me awake by constantly texting I do can place it here this night..

1080p available and look at me failing to type the mapname

gonna be hard to wake up in 3 hours :gmod:

Edited by BouweV