Mr. Green Gaming

Help me.

Messy

Hello. I saved all my replays as movies, but the movies aren't .mov files, but they are .dmx files. I want to put all my movies together in one, but that isn't possible because I can't find any converter that can actually convert .dmx to something else. That also means that I cannot open them to put them all together in programs like Movie Maker e.t.c

I want to put all my great pyro movies in one in order to make my pyro gameplay vid.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Replay the replay's ingame, then record it with fraps.....

I used to do this on css i'm not sure if it works with TF2 but it should because it's based on the same engine.

start up the game (make sure developpers console is enabled)

when in console type ''demoui'' click on the load button and select the replay you want.

you can also get a converter wich will directly convert the replays to avi, search on steam forums for that.

I used to do this on css i'm not sure if it works with TF2 but it should because it's based on the same engine.

when in console type ''demoui'' click on the load button and select the replay you want.

you can also get a converter wich will directly convert the replays to avi, search on steam forums for that.

I thought of that, but every time I use fraps, it becomes laggy and the footage is laggy too.

I thought of that, but every time I use fraps, it becomes laggy and the footage is laggy too.

Because FRAPs is fucking horrible for Source games. Shit, it's horrible for everything.

Do this if you haven't done it:

open console

record a

stop

disconnect to main menu

host_framerate 30

startmovie a avi, it'll minimize you to select a codec, I suggest you download Xvid or whatever it's called.

adjust settings (quality etc)

enter game

start a

wait for the shit to finish, it'll be laggy and without sound

endmovie

voila, you should have a high quality, decompressed video in your game folder with barely any size.

Ok, first thing: DISREGARD EVERYTHING PEOPLE SAID IN THIS TOPIC. Nobody here seems aware of how the replay system works. Dmx files are demo files. You can edit and render these ingame using the replay editor. Find a tutorial on the TF2 wiki how to use it. Don't use fraps, that's pointless and inefficient in this case.