Mr. Green Gaming

!Best Game Of All Time!

Raptor

As the titel already describes it, I want you to tell us the best game you have ever played and

in which you think it deserved to be called 'The Best Game Of All Time' (or atleast in its genre).

Of course you can't compare a race game with a shooter so please tell us:

1. Name of the game

2. Genre +maybe other game-elements

3. Reason!

Don't forget! You can respond to the posts of others! That keeps the Topic alive :D

Edited by Raptor

I could say that Return to Castle Wolfenstein has made the most impact on me, but it's not the best game I've ever played.

These threads are always so straightforward on a subject that can't be discussed this way.

Oh right:

• Team Fortress 2

• Shooter

• I've played this game the most out of all the games I've ever played, and even still it doesn't bore (that much).

Edited by Botervloot

I would like to nominate

as the best third-person, western shooter of all time.

One reason of my nomination would be that Red Dead Redemption is one of the less third-person western shooters.

Another reason would be that Red Dead Redemption had an amazingly interesting story, great physics-engine,

a realistic expression of the wild west and as my last point a acceptable AI.

Edited by Raptor

metal gear solid 3 : snake eater. Gendre : 3rd and 1st person sneakypeaky spyish war game :3 reason :best story ever (they whole msg saga, not just the 3rd one) good controls and graphics, 3rd person camera, lots of camos and weapons and other items, hard enough(if some1 spots u, u have to restart console if u want to go the game 100% perfect with all items)

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

Turn-Based RPG with a twist.

The characters, the humour, the unique battles, the locations, the music... it's all amazing! But you guys wouldn't understand.

I would also like to say that the Mother/EarthBound games are more or less the same genre, except the battles. They also have amazing music, humour, characters and locations and those are just things I love in a game.

1. Garrysmod

2. Sandbox/Fps/Racing and the list goes on

3. Garrysmod is more of a game consisting of multiple games. Its the first game were you got complete freedom and it has alot of gamemodes. Besides that its the game i played the most and im very picky on what i play.

I won't post 1 best game... but 2 ! (just to troll).

1-Halo Combat Evolved (Xbox)

2- FPS

3-Reasons: The best episode of the series, with an awesome campaign !

The remake will come out on november.

1-Metal Gear Solid (psx)

2-Infiltration/action

3-It's old but it's one of the best games of this type.The story is great, the bosses are all different, it's an excellent game.

It's downloadable from the PSstore( €9 I think)

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

Turn-Based RPG with a twist.

The characters, the humour, the unique battles, the locations, the music... it's all amazing! But you guys wouldn't understand.

I would also like to say that the Mother/EarthBound games are more or less the same genre, except the battles. They also have amazing music, humour, characters and locations and those are just things I love in a game.

You are reminding me of good times, Yoshi! I have to admit I like those kind of games too.. Thats why I am still playing

'Kirby 64: The crystal shards' sometimes. And Paper Mario was and will be forever my favourite RPG in that kind of style :)

Edited by Raptor

I've got so many, but I guess i'll choose:

Quake II

The Grand-daddy of the first-person shooter.

I think the game manages to combine so much. Multi-objective levels, back tracking through them (testing your ability to remember your surroundings, as well as killing everything in them), menacingly difficult and interesting enemies that never fail to surprise even seasoned Quake-ers and a brilliant atmosphere.

But I think the defining factor is the weapons: it's an arsenal so imitated (by just about any other shooter), so beautifully diverse and well designed, that it sticks in the mind of any gamer.

Really, who can forget the comforting clunk as you pump another round into the Shotgun, the wicked chatter of the Machine Gun spitting pixelated death, the robotic scream of the Chain-gun winding up, the blissful bleep of the Hyper-blaster releasing laser-based justice and, of course, the religiously renowned hum of the Railgun being recharged?

Many will dis-agree, many will agree: but this is a game that put so many directions, so many ideas on the map. "Let's give the player LOADS of weapons" "let's open up the battle grounds a bit" "Let's make the player need to be creative with the game" "Let's make a multi-player that kicks ass"

That's why, to me anyway, it's one of the best games ever made. Pure and simple, white-knuckled and subtle, outrageous and so sensible... It's like someone read into a gamer's dreams and put them into code.

-If you haven't already, buy it on steam. Currently it's only £5.99 (don't know how that relates to Euro's, rand, whatever) but you must play it. Even if you already have, buy it again and shoot some Stroggs!

1. Heavy Rain

2. RollerCoaster Tycoon

3. Age of Mythology

Heavy Rain is nice because it was simply an interactive movie. You basically go from cinematic to cinematic. Which is what I like.

You appear to have failed to actually read the OP :P

Yeah I read something about genre. But I couldn't be arsed to read the post completely.

1. Heavy Rain

2. Third person game / interactive movie

3. I played this game for 18 hours straight with only a 30 minute dinner break. The game totally sucked me up into the story and I felt some sort of connection with the game characters (mainly because you make the choices). It's simply a must-play for anyone who likes to watch movies and is a bit of a gamer.

1. Star Control 2

2. Adventure/Shoot em' up

3. Sci-fi adventure game released in 1992 (open source since 2002) where you save earth from bunch of aliens. Maybe something deeper?

The game features large open world (hundreds of solar systems), many different and original alien races, awesome battle system (once you get the hang of it), neat planet exploration minigame and more.

If you end up playing this game I recommend you have a pen and paper at hand, the game doesn't have objective list or save the coordinates of places you get information about.

The game also features the battle system as a seperate mode titled "Super Melee!" where you can practise against the AI or your friends online or offline (although I have never got the online working, sadly).

These days Star Control 2 can be downloaded for FREE at http://sc2.sourceforge.net/ And it is still updated with bugfixes and small bits of new content (based on information from original authors)

I recommend downloading this game just in case your internet goes out or something, and feel free to contact me for any advice.

EDIT: Added screenshots:

slaveshield.pnghyperspace.pngmelee3.pngstarbase.jpgyehat.png

Edited by EmRA