Mr. Green Gaming

Any musicians out there?

Dr.Minky

Do any of you guys play any instruments or sing? I'd love to hear from you! Post what you play, how long you've been playing, your favourite genre, have you ever been or are in a band? Do you have a youtube channel or want to jam with someone on here, POST IT!

Heres me!

I've played guitar for 9 years, up to grade 6 as I had to stop having lessons. Ever since then I taught myself, but I started teaching myself piano last year and I LOVE it. Recently started having piano lessons instead and I'm grade 7 after 7 lessons haha, it's my passion.. If anyone else plays piano and can recommend some good jazz piano pieces I'd really appreciate it,

I'm taking music tech and music for A level and spend most of my time at college recording things or helping people out, apart from that im in a barbershop quartet, been in a couple of orchestras but nothing long term and have been in a few short term bands for charity gigs and things like that but haven't set anything long term up yet, just acoustic work.

My favourite genre is new wave and indie rock/indie punk, for no particular reason I just enjoy it. Playing wise though Jazz is my favourite,

Infact.. I may well record a Left4Green cover of a song, TheLazyPeon doing vocals? ;) Any song suggestions just post haha

I've been writing raps since I was 9 or something, and ever since I had internet, I've been rapping random rap lyrics every day. So I just choose a rap artist, find his/her discography, and find the lyrics to all his/her songs and I rap every one of it. Of course with a bit of creativity and fantasy in it, so I make up my own melody for each song, not knowing how the real song sounds.

That and I play piano. But I'm bad at playing things straight outta my head, or playing sheet music without practicing.

I've been writing raps since I was 9 or something, and ever since I had internet, I've been rapping random rap lyrics every day. So I just choose a rap artist, find his/her discography, and find the lyrics to all his/her songs and I rap every one of it. Of course with a bit of creativity and fantasy in it, so I make up my own melody for each song, not knowing how the real song sounds.

That and I play piano. But I'm bad at playing things straight outta my head, or playing sheet music without practicing.

Wigger :yeah:

y' should post em!

I wrote some raps for Left4Green once, here.

And as you can see, in the second verse, I started every first line with 'And...', and every second line with 'But...' and repeated that the whole time.

Also, the first verse is based on the style of "Can I Kick It?" from A Tribe Called Quest, second verse on the beat from "Brenda's Got A Baby" from Tupac. So it may sound weird if you rap it in another pace or rhytm.

Wigger :yeah:

Not really, because I think personally my raps are different than how most black rappers rap, just like Eminem and Weird Al Yankovic (if he raps) are not wiggers because they have their own style.

I learnt the basics of keyboard/piano, and I did guitar for a while, though it was pretty much only because I had to for my music GCSE, so I never really carried it on. I've been told I'm a fairly decent singer, but I've never done anything with it. I'd quite like to though. I'm sure I've posted myself doing a cover of Hero Of War by Rise Against in the past on here.

Favourite genre would be either acoustic, folk, or post-hardcore. I've got a fairly mixed music taste, to be honest.

I learnt the basics of keyboard/piano, and I did guitar for a while, though it was pretty much only because I had to for my music GCSE, so I never really carried it on. I've been told I'm a fairly decent singer, but I've never done anything with it. I'd quite like to though. I'm sure I've posted myself doing a cover of Hero Of War by Rise Against in the past on here.Favourite genre would be either acoustic, folk, or post-hardcore. I've got a fairly mixed music taste, to be honest.

You posted that? Can I have the link? =p

I have tried playing guitar and piano but I'm (still) failing those and I don't like practiciing a lot so I'm like meh. I can play flute though =p and at moments I write some lyric(ish) stuff.

btw, does guitar hero count? I'm pretty good at playing that instrument.

Hell yeah it counts, I'm grade Expert in guitar hero!

If you want some easy piano tutorials check out this guy, does really basic stuff for modern songs, sounds good though and its a good start. http://www.youtube.com/user/jraciti1 Posts all the time :D Worth a go!

I think I'm gonna try and learn this song for my friend to sing over, its a great song check it out

Well a lot of you guys seem to like writing lyrics.. If we choose a song we want to cover I might try recording it and get you to write some lyrics up/sing!

I don't personally like it at all, I mess up the lyrics in the first verse, and I sound proper nasally for the first half of the song.

Not bad! Good singing voice, could be great with a bit of refining ;) Can give you some tips if you want. Did you record the bass separately or did someone else play it?

• 2 weeks later...

Since I love to bring good but old topics back, I would like to bump this one.

I am playing the guitar for 2 and a half years now. My favourite Genre is Metalcore (if it is about playing the guitar), else

I would say Grunge, Punk, Indie, Heavy Metal, Death Metal and even Jazz :sax: I was in a Teen Band for a half year, but

some band members weren't reliable enough so we stopped with the band even though we had a really, really, really... good drummer.

We refused to give our band a name, we just jammed the hole time and tried to have fun.

Comming to Minky's question I actually know some great Jazz songs but I am not sure if those would be too modest for you or not dirty enough. (lol)

But I would recommend you to visit Newgrounds. There are many great jazz musicians and if you ask polite they would give you some of their sheet music.

Edited by Raptor

Since I love to bring good but old topics back, I would like to bump this one.

I am playing the guitar for 2 and a half years now. My favourite Genre is Metalcore (if it is about playing the guitar), else

I would say Grunge, Punk, Indie, Heavy Metal, Death Metal and even Jazz :sax: I was in a Teen Band for a half year, but

some band members weren't reliable enough so we stopped with the band even though we had a really, really, really... good drummer.

We refused to give our band a name, we just jammed the hole time and tried to have fun.

Comming to Minky's question I actually know some great Jazz songs but I am not sure if those would be too modest for you or not dirty enough. (lol)

But I would recommend you to visit Newgrounds. There are many great jazz musicians and if you ask polite they would give you some of their sheet music.

Yeah we always had a problem with names.. I'm just doing acoustic gigs with my friend for fun now, got one later this month actually I think (oh crap I'd forgotten about that)

Too modest or dirty? If you mean skill wise I'm up to grade 7 now after 7 lessons, I'm an extremely fast learner with piano for some reason. Very jazzy is good, not the play random chords over a pumped bass type jazz but.. You know.

If you could send me some recommendations and i'll check them out i'd be so so so grateful, had to stop lessons atm for some weird financial thingy with the college..

I've been playing Bass Guitar since when I was 10 years old (I'm now 15). I have been in a band but lately stopped because of my studies. My band never liked Youtube and stuff, so we decided not to publish our songs. We have also made some songs.

Our genre? HARD ROCK!

Nice, nice. I am not a big fan of Rock (or "hard" rock)

But I would love to hear them. Post your song here :)

I've been playing Bass Guitar since when I was 10 years old (I'm now 15). I have been in a band but lately stopped because of my studies. My band never liked Youtube and stuff, so we decided not to publish our songs. We have also made some songs.

Our genre? HARD ROCK!

Nice, nice. I am not a big fan of Rock (or "hard" rock)

But I would love to hear them. Post your song here :)

Do you mean post our recordings or original songs we have played?

Edited by Messy