⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

Dungeon Defenders [PC]

Lastion

Hello everyone, This topic is meant to give you some information about the game Dungeon Defenders.

Here is some information quoted from the website www.dungeondefenders.com

Overview

Long Ago, Etheria was once a land of living legends… Throughout the ages, brave warriors across the realm stood together against the forces of evil, led by immortal beings known as the Old Ones… After a titanic struggle, these champions locked away the power of the Old Ones, inside Eternia Crystals…

These legendary heroes have recently left their younger kin in charge of the common castle chores… Bored with their dreary duties, the inexperienced pupils decide to play… And accidentally unleash an ancient force that has long been dormant!

Dungeon Defenders is an original hybrid of two hot genres: Tower Defense and cooperative online Action-RPG!

The game puts players in the role of one of four distinctive hero classes, tasked with fending off hordes of invading beasties by strategically summoning a variety of Defenses & Traps throughout their castle. But as much more than just a strategy game, players directly participate in the action-packed combat with their hero characters, while upgrading their statistics, gathering tons of loot and inventory items, customizing & upgrading equipment, and developing unique class abilities. All of this can be enjoyed in seamless online and split-screen local multiplayer, as players cooperate and compete through the story campaign and challenge missions to build the strongest heroes and achieve the highest scores in the kingdom.

Combining the depth of strategic gaming with the satisfying action of RPG character building, in a beautifully stylized ‘toon fantasy setting, Dungeon Defenders is designed to be a distinctly addictive, easy-to-play experience for casual and hardcore gamers alike!

Features

Tower-Defense Meets Action-RPG

Choose your class, customize your your character & equipment, strategically assemble your defenses, and participate directly in action-packed battle to preserve your castle against the invading horde!

Seamless online and Local Multiplayer

Team-up with 3 friends to defend cooperatively, with character classes that support each other’s strengths and weaknesses. Dynamically combine local (splitscreen) and online players, and leave/join any time, so that the game’s always full.

Distinct Character-Classes

Each character class has a unique balance and set of weapons, towers, and special abilities, for a different style of gameplay.

Loot & Level-Up

Grab the mounds of money and items that your defeated foes drop, trade them or store them for later use in your Item Box! Getting Kills and Completing Waves earns you experience points, which can be used to upgrade your character, your skills, your equipment, and your Towers on a per-statistic basis – do you want to enhance Hit Points, Attack Rate, Damage, etc? The choices are yours to make. Store your massive overflow of money in the “Mana Bank”, and then spend it to improve your equipment or trade with other players. Proudly show off your best equipment in your own “Adventurer’s Tavern”, without fear of item theft!

Relentless hordes of enemies and Massive Bosses

Over 100 simultaneous enemies will attempt to tear through your defenses, and at key points gigantic Boss Monsters will appear to rain down havoc upon everyone. Only by employing the most effective defensive strategies, teamwork, and strong characters will you defeat such devilish foes! Many Enemy Types, run the gamut from big dumb Orcs swinging huge axes, to sly lithe Dark Elves striking from the shadows with bow & arrow, to crazy Kobolds armed with explosive packs. Unique boss monsters provide set-piece battles, among them a gargantuan Ancient Dragon and a cantankerous Goblin Mech.

Variety of levels and game modes

Each level has a different visual setting, layout, enemy types, traps, and distinct scripted surprises. Four difficulty settings from novice to master, which also adjust the rate of experience and loot earned. Storybook-style cinematics tell the tale throughout the Campaign Mode, and endings vary depending on which characters were used. Survival Mode pits increasing waves of enemies against the players until they fall, with the goal being to defend long enough to achieve the highest leaderboard score. Challenge Mode allows players to play any level with uniquely altered rule sets and goals!

A Mountain of Stats

Every shot you take, every kill you make, each defense you build, and every other action & event within gameplay is logged and recorded for posterity. Pore over the voluminous charts and graphs at the end of each session to analyze your team’s performance, quickly review your best statistics for each level, and compare your data online with other players to see who is the greatest hero of all. Furthermore, your Achievements are visible for all to see within your very own Adventurer’s Tavern, and the highest scores for each of your heroes are ranked on the worldwide leaderboards!

A Helpful Friend…

Discover cute “familiars”, pets which tag along during your adventure, and provide distinct status and gameplay effects. These too can be levelled-up and customized, and even traded with other players… if you have the heart to part with your dear little friend!

Stylin’

Expressive water-colored cartoon visual style, and humor that playfully tweaks classic fantasy archetypes.

Downloadable Content

Additional character classes, equipment, levels, and game modes are on the way. Take your DLC with you into any online game!

Mod it, Create it, Remake it

All gameplay code & source content ships with the PC version, so intrepid Dungeon Masters can modify or totally recreate the game to their heart’s content!

Heroes

Apprentice

Donning his robe and wizard hat, the Apprentice is eager to delve deeper into the world of the arcane. Under the guidance of the Grand Magus, the Apprentice has learned the art of conjuration. While summoning towers of mystical defense to aid him, he blasts his enemies with waves of magic from a far.

Defenses

Blockade ‐ Blocks enemies, slowing their progress, while also stealing whatever elemental alignment the enemy has.

Magic Missile Tower ‐ Shoots rapid‐fire bolts of arcane magic. Although weak standing alone, they can be deadly in numbers.

Fireball Tower ‐ Erupts with slow but powerful balls of flame that splash enemies with fire damage.

Lightning Tower ‐ Blasts out bolts of lightning that links from target to target, temporarily stunning enemies with electrifying results.

Deadly Striker Tower ‐ Unleashes deathly fast and accurate energy blasts over long distances and through walls, but with a slow rate of fire.

Abilities

Overcharge ‐ Dramatically reduces the time it takes to cast any of your magical abilities.

Mana Bomb ‐ Releases a massive shockwave of energy, devastating all nearby enemies.

Weapons: Staves

Charge Attack ‐ The Apprentice can charge his staff with intense energy to release an extra‐powerful magic bolt that can damage multiple enemies.

Knockback Attack ‐ The Apprentice charge his staff with kinetic energy to release a knock‐back shockwave that will send nearby enemies flying.

Huntress

Trained in reconnaissance, the sleek and slender Huntress deploys deadly traps and explosives, but don’t let her physique perplex you. This elegant she‐devil is trained in ranged weaponry and is sure to always hit her mark. Raining down arrows and ammo from above, the enemy never sees her coming.

Defenses

Gas Trap ‐ When activated, enemies become engulfed in coughing gas, stunning them for the duration.

Proximity Mine Trap ‐ When activated, an explosive blast instantly devastates all nearby enemies.

Inferno Trap ‐ When activated, a blazing cloud of fire surrounds enemies and damages them over time.

Ethereal Spike Trap ‐ When activated, a single enemy is skewered for massive damage.

Darkness Void Trap ‐ When activated, enemies become consumed by darkness, rendering them unable to attack, and making them lose their current target.

Abilities

Piercing Shot ‐ Unleashes an ethereal arrow that penetrates enemy after enemy damaging all in its way.

Invisibility ‐ You become completely invisible to enemies while active.

Weapons: Crossbows

Repeating Fire ‐ The Huntress’s mechanical weapons shoot repeating projectiles at a high rate of fire, though depleting her loaded ammunition.

Reload ‐ The Huntress can reload her weapon’s ammunition clip manually, or whenever her weapon runs out.

Monk

The Monk, a once peaceful and passive student, has been called from his solitary meditation and forced to take up arms in the defense of his land. Only he, through his expert spear fighting skill, can avenge the death of his master. Channeling his aura energies to heal allies and cripple foes, the Monk is the ultimate team asset.

Defenses

Ensnare Aura ‐ All enemies within this Aura become encumbered by their own weight, greatly slowing their movement and attack speed.

Electric Aura‐ Feeling their souls slowly draining away, all enemies within this Aura take damage over time.

Healing Aura ‐ Within this Aura, friends and foes alike are healed over time.

Crippling Aura ‐ All enemies within this Aura deal significantly less damage.

Enrage Aura ‐ All enemies within this Aura become blind with rage, attacking and killing one another.

Abilities

Hero Boost ‐ While active, increases the power of all allied Heroes while also regenerating their health.

Defense Boost ‐ While active, increases the effectiveness of all towers while also regenerating their health.

Weapons: Spears

Melee Combo ‐ The Monk unleashes a 3‐hit melee combo with each subsequent attack increasing in damage and range.

Energy Projectile ‐ The Monk channels some of his Chi into his spear, projecting an energy bolt useful for weakening enemies at a distance.

Squire

A brave knight‐in‐training, the Squire upholds the honor and nobility of his kingdom with every slice of his blade. Building defenses of brute force the Squire prefers melee weapons as his instruments of justice. Bludgeoning spikes and whirling blades unleash the rage he bestows upon his foes.

Defenses

Spike Blockade ‐ A Reinforced Blockade that is sure to cause a sharp pain to enemies who touch it.

Harpoon Turret ‐ Penetrating its foes, this turret launches deadly arrows that damage rows of enemies at a time.

Bouncer Blockade ‐ This spiked blockade thrusts enemies back with ferocious force.

Cannon Ball Turret ‐ This stationary turret launches steel balls that bounce off of enemies and surfaces within its sights.

Slice’n'Dice Blockade ‐ This monumental blockade takes time to spin up but it quickly cuts down waves of enemies with its whirling blades.

Abilities

Circle Slice ‐ Unleash a devastating 360‐degree circular assault against all enemies around you

Blood Rage ‐ Rage courses through your veins causing you to dramatically enhance your speed, damage, and resistances while active.

Weapons: Swords

Melee Combo ‐ The Squire can unleash a 3‐hit combo with each attack dealing more damage and range than the previous one.

Block ‐ The Squire can raise his guard to protect from incoming frontal attacks, drastically reducing the damage he takes from them. However, he cannot move or attack while blocking.

I personally really like this game and its addicting to play, for only 10 bucks I'd say worth it.

If you play it, What do you think and if you dont, would you try it?

I looked at Totalhalibut's "WTF IS:" of this game, and I really liked the gameplay. I love tower defence games, and it's good to see a TD game that's not based on Flash. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy it when I get the money, the only downside is that I don't know if a lot of my friends share my enthusiasm for tower defence games....

I bought it, it's awesome and long, because getting each chara to reach lvl 70 is very long, same for upgrading weapons and shit, and it's hard on insane mod and you'll need a very good team.

Awesome game

I have level 70 after 2 days...

I can solo insane on the normal missions but only the challenges are hard, but i can still solo most of them

And lastion, have you never been disconnected from Trendy Entertainment (if you play ranked) and hav the error dundef.exe has stopped working or had the steam bug for some users when it has package mismatch after the 7.03 update (that has been fixed)

Edited by mogadonskoda

I bought it, it's awesome and long, because getting each chara to reach lvl 70 is very long, same for upgrading weapons and shit, and it's hard on insane mod and you'll need a very good team.

Awesome game

I have level 70 after 2 days...

I can solo insane on the normal missions but only the challenges are hard, but i can still solo most of them

And lastion, have you never been disconnected from Trendy Entertainment (if you play ranked) and hav the error dundef.exe has stopped working or had the steam bug for some users when it has package mismatch after the 7.03 update (that has been fixed)

Nope. :) glad i havnt, :)

Bought it yesterday, this game is really cool. Anyone got a tutorial/tips on how to play Monk efficiently?

Hybrid monk are good, tank/dps/towerdamage

superpose many auras for maximum ownage, up their range and dont forget to upgrade your stuff.

A friend play monk and he can solo even the most difficult lane without tower, slow+electric damage+buff it's over :P