Mr. Green Gaming

Another Idea-Plots

chezman123

Ok, so here's another idea:

There should be an easier way of telling where the boundaries of a "plot" (the pieces of land that you claim) are.

Ways of doing this? The only way I've found is to basically use an outsider to test where he can (and cannot) place blocks.

You can see where the "Chunk" you claimed ends by walking out of it. It will show a message in the lower left corner of your screen if you walk out of yours, into another (not claimed/claimen by others) chunk.

There should be an easier way of telling where the boundaries of a "plot" (the pieces of land that you claim) are.

Ways of doing this? The only way I've found is to basically use an outsider to test where he can (and cannot) place blocks.

You can see where the "Chunk" you claimed ends by walking out of it. It will show a message in the lower left corner of your screen if you walk out of yours, into another (not claimed/claimen by others) chunk.

Or just type /f map in the chat or checking from dynamic map

Don't get what you want, but it sounds like a bad idea.. I've made a thread in which to put any ideas for the server so please post there instead of making lots of new threads :)

It's not a bad idea. I wish there'd be an easier way to show chunk boundaries, but a server-side mod can pretty much only communicate with you through the chat channel.

Doesn't work. It's not exact enough.

Don't get what you want, but it sounds like a bad idea.. I've made a thread in which to put any ideas for the server so please post there instead of making lots of new threads :)

It's not a bad idea. I wish there'd be an easier way to show chunk boundaries, but a server-side mod can pretty much only communicate with you through the chat channel.

A mod that when you do /f show maybe the chunks turn a bit red or blue that are yours? Like a transparent flat chunk on top of them.

Edited by Pufulet

Oh is it not exact enough. It gives clear indication where your claimed areas start and end.

A mod that when you do /f show maybe the chunks turn a bit red or blue that are yours? Like a transparent flat chunk on top of them.

Like I said, it's a server-side mod. You can't do shit like that.

Oh is it not exact enough. It gives clear indication where your claimed areas start and end.

Like I said, it's a server-side mod. You can't do shit like that.

Erm, no, it isn't exact enough. And there is no clear indication as to where it starts and ends. Oh, by the way there should be a mod that does that. (Referring to Pufulet's post)

Erm, no, it isn't exact enough. And there is no clear indication as to where it starts and ends. Oh, by the way there should be a mod that does that. (Referring to Pufulet's post)

Its extremely accurate. Just do some walking and actually read the chat messages.

Its extremely accurate. Just do some walking and actually read the chat messages.

Yesm, these people are just to lazy I guess ....

Ah no I understand what you're asking now, I mis-understood as I read it on my phone in college! Yes this sounds like a good idea, although I dont think something that pufulet suggested would be possible without a client side mod on top of a server plugin, its too much of an alteration to the game, there is something similar as a world edit plugin where it highlights regions that you have selected in world edit on the screen.

Alternative that may be slightly easier, highlight peoples faction areas on the dynamic map? It could be toggled on and off and be colour coded depending on how many enemies the faction has or whatever? I don't know if thats possible as I've never hosted a dynmap before but it sounds like something that could work :V

Alternative that may be slightly easier, highlight peoples faction areas on the dynamic map?

http://map.minecraft.nl:8123/

Top left corner > the layers icon > Check 'Factions'

Good lord the faction territory is a mess again. I think I'll up the minimum amount of players required for a faction to 3 next map.

Lol dude. Btw, and this is a little off topic, will the factions still be together in the new map?