Mr. Green Gaming

The Last Of Us

Ywa

Face it, this game may look fantastic and better than all similar games from the past. But 1 year after it's release, there will be ANOTHER game that looks even MORE fantastic, and better than all similar games from the past, including this one. And then we'll just look back at this game like "It was okay for that time, but now it's nothing special anymore."

Isn't that how the industry works for like.. the past 20 years..?!

Yes, indeed.

Don't bother trying to convince me this game is going to be great, because I know it will be. It's going to be fantastic game, surely. But what's special apart from the graphics?

I don't know what you mean with 'survival as a new thing', I just based my opinions on the trailer, where the guy just gets a gun and the girl gets bullets.

Post-post apocalyptic survival. :V

Looks nice but without a shred of gameplay footage it's hard to judge.

It's probably Uncharted-like.

@BouweV

I play on a 50 inch plasma tv with 3 meters of space between it and myself. Plus, there is a table in the way. So mouse and keyboard aren't gonna cut it.

USB extension cables?

Wireless keyboard/mouse?

Or put a chair closer to the TV

Post-post apocalyptic survival. :V

Looks nice but without a shred of gameplay footage it's hard to judge.

It's probably Uncharted-like.

@BouweV

I play on a 50 inch plasma tv with 3 meters of space between it and myself. Plus, there is a table in the way. So mouse and keyboard aren't gonna cut it.

USB extension cables?

Wireless keyboard/mouse?

Or put a chair closer to the TV

Closer then 3 meters to a 50 inch plasma will get you headaches...

Edited by terminator

Face it, this game may look fantastic and better than all similar games from the past. But 1 year after it's release, there will be ANOTHER game that looks even MORE fantastic, and better than all similar games from the past, including this one. And then we'll just look back at this game like "It was okay for that time, but now it's nothing special anymore."

Isn't that how the industry works for like.. the past 20 years..?!

This game is going to be an actual game about survival and action. And especially the survival thing is something I haven't seen in a zombie game in a while. And it's developed by Naughty Dog for fucks sake. The UNCHARTED franchise is the most popular one on the PS3 and isn't something that people will forget the coming years. Same with Crash Bandicoot series and Jak & Daxter.

You seem awfully confident that the survival aspect is actually going to be revolutionary. In my opinion, the closest the game industry ever got to a real survival action game was STALKER and that developer shut down a few days back. :(

For a survival game you'd need an open world structure and I haven't seen Naughty Dog make many of those. I'm sure they'll be able to deliver a solid game but they'll have to show in what aspects first.

You seem awfully confident that the survival aspect is actually going to be revolutionary.

It won't be that revolutionary. I'm just confident that whatever Naughty Dog will make, it'll be great. I have no reason to think otherwise. As Boter said on IRC: Naughty Dog is the Valve of the consoles.

For a survival game you'd need an open world structure and I haven't seen Naughty Dog make many of those. I'm sure they'll be able to deliver a solid game but they'll have to show in what aspects first.

We'll see with what they come up.