Mr. Green Gaming

MC server upgrade suggestion

Dr.Minky

We know everyone complains about the MC lag, not enough server slots, etc, but obviously it costs money to upgrade the server computer and you can sure as hell guarantee that most of the members here don't care nor want their donations wasted on a game they do not play,

So how about there is a donation thread, at which players can donate SPECIFICALLY for the minecraft server, not for green coins, and when a certain amount is donated the computer will be upgraded (plus money on top to support general forumness +other games +clavus' gambling problem)

It could be done by sending in a donation with the comment MCSERVERUPGRADE or something like that, then the money would be put into the pot for the server instead of in return for green coins.

This way, people from minecraft will donate for once without pissing off the active forum members any more than they already are at minecraft, and the server will get the upgrades it needs which can be used however Top Crew decides

Tell me what you think Ywa/Clavus/whoever, or if you think there is a better alternative then discuss it here

We know everyone complains about the MC lag, not enough server slots, etc, but obviously it costs money to upgrade the server computer and you can sure as hell guarantee that most of the members here don't care nor want their donations wasted on a game they do not play,

So how about there is a donation thread, at which players can donate SPECIFICALLY for the minecraft server, not for green coins, and when a certain amount is donated the computer will be upgraded (plus money on top to support general forumness +other games +clavus' gambling problem)

It could be done by sending in a donation with the comment MCSERVERUPGRADE or something like that, then the money would be put into the pot for the server instead of in return for green coins.

This way, people from minecraft will donate for once without pissing off the active forum members any more than they already are at minecraft, and the server will get the upgrades it needs which can be used however Top Crew decides

Tell me what you think Ywa/Clavus/whoever, or if you think there is a better alternative then discuss it here

Good suggestion, I also suggest that while you're playing the server, Clavus or Ywa (Any admin for that matter) should include an announcement saying: "Don't forget to donate" or something like that and following - A link of the thread.

... an announcement saying: "Don't forget to donate" or something like that and following - A link of the thread.

There is one, it just doesn't come up too often and people just ignore them.. People from MC need an insentive to donate, its not like they have contact on the forums much apart from complaining about stuff so they dont feel the need to donate out of good will generally

Reserved slots for 2 euros a month. Do it.

If there were reserve slots it would have to be after an upgrade and more players slots were made possible. It would be a good idea to have 10 reserve slots, keep the original 40 slots and then have 1 admin slot thats kept for corby/clavus/darkstar as needed

But an upgrade would have to come first. And I say more than 2 euros a month.. Can squeeze more than that out of people, tons of people are always trying to get on

How much would 2 euros be in dollars?

Still not very much, hence I say much more, and best not to talk about that for now anyway. Not gonna happen unless the server gets upgraded

Edited by Dr.Minky

I just so happen to be majorly upgrading our donation system which makes stuff like this possible and fully automated. So gimme a few days.

Awesome, I was gonna wait till you'd finished doing the donation re-vamp before suggesting it but Darkstar said you'd nearly finished anyway.

Ill tell people on the server about it if you like - make it very clear to them how it would work and stuff, otherwise people might start telling each other the wrong thing and end up getting the wrong end of the stick

I just so happen to be majorly upgrading our donation system which makes stuff like this possible and fully automated. So gimme a few days.

Awesome, I was gonna wait till you'd finished doing the donation re-vamp before suggesting it but Darkstar said you'd nearly finished anyway.

Ill tell people on the server about it if you like - make it very clear to them how it would work and stuff, otherwise people might start telling each other the wrong thing and end up getting the wrong end of the stick

How can you get the wrong end of stick...

all you need to say is donating=less lag and hopefully the kids will understand that

How can you get the wrong end of stick...

all you need to say is donating=less lag and hopefully the kids will understand that

You know what people are like though.. If you dont tell them the right thing they might just assume the servers being upgraded and tell everyone that, and then everyone would come on and start asking why its not been upgraded yet,

Can just picture it all happening.. Hundreds of them.. All asking the same thing. No.. NO. GET AWAY FROM ME!! ARRHGH!GHGH!GH!!!! -hasheartattack-

I would also like to say...

Green coins that you earn through games and donations can be put towards a slot as well let alone buying nice pretty upgrades on TF2? Good idea?

No, bad idea, cause this is costing real life money. Thats like saying you have lots of money on runescape so youre gonna trade it in for a new computer or something

You get green coins for donating as well... :L

But the point is you already donated, the moneys gone to help the normal servers, and if you earned it in a game there's no money to start with.

If people want to donate for the MC server to be upgraded they could it specifically for that, makes it easier cost wise as its all going in to one pot and will encourage them to donate more

Aight,

after finishing my exams the day before yesterday (;

I have been online almost 24/7

And this is what I kinda got from everybody on the server;

Let's start with the ESSENTIAL upgrades/plug-ins whatever:

-Setting blaze rod spawners in the nether as safe zone so people can't jerk around and destroying them,

Then making sure little kids don't claim around it but I'll be sure Corby will help us out with that just like he did to atlentic when they claimed around spawn a few maps a go

-Enable claiming in the nether so everybody doesn't have to hide their nether wart farms.

-Combining the relog plug-in with the current 10 seconds that you can't hurt any body would be awesome (this has been suggested by Corby and I dunno if he has already done it)

-Seperate donation system for Minecraft server like said before on this thread => 2 euros mayby 3 for 1 month a reserve slot.

This will help a lot and ofc with the money from these donations you buy ofcourse more server slots so there is always enough room for who doesn't have a reserve slot. Mayby 1 of 6 slots is reserved ? When this is a massive succes what it probably is gonna be raise it to 1 reserve slot every 4 slots.

OPTIONAL:

-I heared this come back a few times and I know it would help the players a lot: /warp spawn

Tough you can say don't go so far from spawn then, it's a really little plug-in what can do no bad but only good.

-Tpa request ? Cause it's often that you wanne trade and the other dude is on the other side of the bloody map

which is bloody annoying to walk all that way. But this can be fixed with /warp spawn command Ofc.

Really Really OPTIONAL:

-Enable a /shop command ? Where you can buy stuff with the money you gain by killing mobs or PVP. Ofcourse everything has to be REALLY expensive or you got to make sure that mobs dont drop to much cash. If you would have shop make sure there is NO sell command other wise the dupers are gonna sell all there dia for pots stuff or obsidian. This sounds (for me) a good plug-in tough I don't know if it might ruin the survival part or not

Greetings as always

Math!

SCOURGE - The Professionals

Edited by Mathijs1996

Aight,

-Setting blaze rod spawners in the nether as safe zone so people can't jerk around and destroying them,

Then making sure little kids don't claim around it but I'll be sure Corby will help us out with that just like he did to atlentic when they claimed around spawn a few maps a go

-Enable claiming in the nether so everybody doesn't have to hide their nether wart farms.

-Combining the relog plug-in with the current 10 seconds that you can't hurt any body would be awesome (this has been suggested by Corby and I dunno if he has already done it)

-Seperate donation system for Minecraft server like said before on this thread => 2 euros mayby 3 for 1 month a reserve slot.

This will help a lot and ofc with the money from these donations you buy ofcourse more server slots so there is always enough room for who doesn't have a reserve slot. Mayby 1 of 6 slots is reserved ? When this is a massive succes what it probably is gonna be raise it to 1 reserve slot every 4 slots.

OPTIONAL:

-I heared this come back a few times and I know it would help the players a lot: /warp spawn

Tough you can say don't go so far from spawn then, it's a really little plug-in what can do no bad but only good.

-Tpa request ? Cause it's often that you wanne trade and the other dude is on the other side of the bloody map

which is bloody annoying to walk all that way. But this can be fixed with /warp spawn command Ofc.

Really Really OPTIONAL:

-Enable a /shop command ? Where you can buy stuff with the money you gain by killing mobs or PVP. Ofcourse everything has to be REALLY expensive or you got to make sure that mobs dont drop to much cash. If you would have shop make sure there is NO sell command other wise the dupers are gonna sell all there dia for pots stuff or obsidian. This sounds (for me) a good plug-in tough I don't know if it might ruin the survival part or not

Greetings as always

Math!

My opinion:

Green = NEEDS doing

Orange = Would be nice but needs tweaking and has to be done it the right way.

Red = No, should not happen at all. As it could remove/provide tactics and advantages that shift gameplay.

Aight,

OPTIONAL:

Really Really OPTIONAL:

Greetings as always

Math!

My opinion:

Green = NEEDS doing

Red = No, should not happen at all. As it could remove/provide tactics and advantages that shift gameplay.

Sounds good only that you dont lake safe zone idea of blaze rod spawner dissapoints me :(

But oh well if we got those things it would be MUCH better

Aight,

OPTIONAL:

Really Really OPTIONAL:

Greetings as always

Math!

My opinion:

Green = NEEDS doing

Sounds good only that you dont lake safe zone idea of blaze rod spawner dissapoints me :(

But oh well if we got those things it would be MUCH better

Since corby already gave his tought bout this mayby he should have a talk with Lord Clavus so this actually can be done ? =3

• 2 weeks later...

You could make spawners unbreakable, but that would obviously pass over to the standard spawners which I assume no one would be happy with (even though they're pretty useless). It would be easier if the gods just claimed blocks where there are spawners, and if theyre destroyed then plonk some more down,

If there were a shop system I'd say it should be ONLY usable via green coins, gets more donations. I dont personally like the idea of a shop apart for building materials, and it would make duping harder to do because youd have to go and check against what people had bought, but if it brings in money then I guess so.

/warp spawn would be very useful, specially for trading + raiding purposes. Infact, you could use the stargate plugin, and people could build nether portals in their bases that warp them to the spawn, but not the other way round (Just to make it that LITTLE bit cooler) :V Either way I think its a good idea. A long with having a very small spawn room that gives the basic rules, then people that get banned for combat logging that say they didn't know have no excuse and all that

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps some way to earn GC in the server. (like 4 XP orbs is 1 GC or after every 10 active mins 1 GC (put AFK timer to 20 secs so AFK GC farming wont work))

I diasagree with earning gc in MineCraft.. Should be donations only for mc people. All they have to do is download a certain client and they can spawn themselves unlimited items and get tons of green coins or give themselves a fuck ton of XP and then Corby would have to moderate how people earn green coins too.. Its not a problem you get on other games really. None of the .nl players donate anyway so if they want green coins they should pay for them :V

Perhaps some way to earn GC in the server. (like 4 XP orbs is 1 GC or after every 10 active mins 1 GC (put AFK timer to 20 secs so AFK GC farming wont work))

I diasagree with earning gc in MineCraft.. Should be donations only for mc people. All they have to do is download a certain client and they can spawn themselves unlimited items and get tons of green coins or give themselves a fuck ton of XP and then Corby would have to moderate how people earn green coins too.. Its not a problem you get on other games really. None of the .nl players donate anyway so if they want green coins they should pay for them :V

I dont know modding as well as most do but, Isnt there a way to make the earning of it completely server sided so Client side mods wont work. (as the XP suggestion) And ofc the ammounts of GC earned could be much less, like 1 GC per 100 xp or something like that. So that paying is the only reasonable way of getting it, but the getting it in the server is just to tempt people into buying. (bit of marketing)