Mr. Green Gaming

Learning a new Language: German

Dr.Minky

Ich tue(<_<) rennen or simply "Ich renne". (I'm running)

I hope you are joking.

Corrected lol.

Normalerweise meidet man: "tun" und "tue".

Er soll schließlich nicht wie ein Kind reden, das nicht weiß wie man den Satzbau korrekt aufbaut :\

Yes exactly. Thanks for adding :V

No problem, bro :V

Edited by Raptor

We don't use something like is/are/am, so we model the verb in our sentence, depending on singular and plural.

So...

Ich spiele, or Wir spielen. Wir maggen rennen, or Ich mag renne ?

Is that how you use it? Or does it not apply to all the words in the sentence?

Edited by Dr.Minky

We don't use something like is/are/am, so we model the verb in our sentence, depending on singular and plural.

So...

Ich spiele, or Wir spielen. Wir maggen rennen, or Ich mag renne ?

Is that how you use it? Or does it not apply to all the words in the sentence?

First two were correct, but it's "mögen" not "maggen" :P Modeling works different in some cases

And it's "Ich mag Rennen", because in this case it wouldn't be a verb anymore, it's a noun (Das Rennen)

It's like a gerund in your language (To Run [verb] -> Running [noun])

Edited by Raptor

I'm Dutch, and I always thought about choosing German over French at school, cuz it sounded logical to me that German would sound more logical since it's similar to Dutch. It doesn't.

English and French always been my special subjects, like, when we had to learn words, I only had to read the whole vocabulary 2 or 3 times and I knew everything. German on the other hand, I read it like over 9000 times and still I would forget everything. It isn't logical at all.

By the way for me it's pointless to learn German. When someone speaks German to me I can usually understand most of it anyway.

But that's me, and things that aren't logical to me are usually very logical to the rest of the world so... good luck!

Okay.. Thanks you two, ill practice it a bit later :V

Minkey if you want I can send you some copies of my german books,

I'm also in my first year of learning this =D (on school)

Yeah sure dude :D

Where should I post it ? =D

Hmmm photobucket then inbox me the links? :D <3

Thats probably because a lot of English words are taken from languages like German so they tend to be roughly similar for a lot of things, :V I know German isnt the easiest but surely its best to do something you're actually interested in if youre gonna do well at it.. Specially when its home taught,

Edited by Dr.Minky

I'm Dutch, and I always thought about choosing German over French at school, cuz it sounded logical to me that German would sound more logical since it's similar to Dutch. It doesn't.

English and French always been my special subjects, like, when we had to learn words, I only had to read the whole vocabulary 2 or 3 times and I knew everything. German on the other hand, I read it like over 9000 times and still I would forget everything. It isn't logical at all.

By the way for me it's pointless to learn German. When someone speaks German to me I can usually understand most of it anyway.

But that's me, and things that aren't logical to me are usually very logical to the rest of the world so... good luck!

I feel quite the same about this. Dutch people can understand German quite easy, but German isn't more logical in my opinion. The words, and the other grammar is still a bitch... It's only easy when you have to listen/read German stuff (at least it is for me).

Okay.. Thanks you two, ill practice it a bit later :V

Minkey if you want I can send you some copies of my german books,

I'm also in my first year of learning this =D (on school)

Yeah sure dude :D

Where should I post it ? =D

Hmmm photobucket then inbox me the links? :D <3

I'll just post the grammar bout the verbs here since it's 2x nothing then we'll see for the voc since the translation of that shit is in dutch but I dunno if you need it because we got google translate

Oww Yeah =D

P.s. My german is still in college I'll post the grammar soon :D

How are basic connectives changed depending on the scentence? For example, to can be zu or some other thing, what changes this?

Like, if I wanted to say, I'd prefer to play ____, would that be, Ich hatte lieber zu ____ spiele, or Ich hatte lieber (?) ____ spiele? How are they used? Any other regularly used words like to, and, the, etc. would be good to :D Danke!

Edited by Dr.Minky

How are basic connectives changed depending on the scentence? For example, to can be zu or some other thing, what changes this?

Like, if I wanted to say, I'd prefer to play ____, would that be, Ich hatte lieber zu ____ spiele, or Ich hatte lieber (?) ____ spiele? How are they used? Any other regularly used words like to, and, the, etc. would be good to :D Danke!

I know that and is und by hard and I think that the changes in german like you say in french LE garçon and LA fille.

I don't actually know this cause I haven't seen it yet in school =D

Well, this sentence is quite a bitch to explain xD

You are too direct in translating the english version into the german one.

The german sentence is build up differently, but you indeed use the "zu" like you would do in english:

I would prefer to play ZS.

Ich würde es vorziehen ZS zu spielen.

Edit:

Y U NO WORK COLOUR EDITING.

Edited by Raptor