Mr. Green Gaming

Learning a new Language: German

Dr.Minky

Nein, meinen sommebrillen ist kaput. (Ill be told that I've got the grammar wrong there :V)

Nein, meine Sonnenbrille/Sommerbrille ist kaputt.

And good luck, Minky! I think german is a pretty easy to learn language.. easier than russian, french, spanish, bla bla

Edited by Raptor

How many languages do you know already?

Just English, that's why I want to learn one now. I had to learn French through middle school and I hated it.. Only cause the language sucked imo, so I want to start on a language that sounds interesting to me that I will use regularly.

Dutch, is, a possibility. In the future. But German now, it will be the easiest to learn as I talk to Germans more frequently. But I'd like to learn more languages in the future :D It'd be fun to go traveling

My languages:

Русский (Russkiy, Russian)

English

Espanol

Studied Nederlands. FLEMISH ROCKS. :V

+ starting French this year.

Edited by Mr. Darkness

I want to learn Korean or japanese :D japanese because it is cool and Korean because i can play all those foreign mmorpg's then :pipe:

Dont hide it.

I KNOW that you want to learn Japanese because of Anime. I KNOW IT.

Any way, had in plans to continue studying something else after French. Maybe German, maybe Finnish, maybe Norwegian :V

But I do want to :S

What languages you know already? Some languages share a truckload of similar vocabulary (I.E. finnish and swedish share many similar words with each other) which usually makes learning just a matter of remembering grammar. Watching shows or playing games with the language in question has worked at least for me quite well.

Also, don't underestimate french or swedish. They're great languages for comedic purposes.

You should all learn german and then visit me ... Best idea ever !

Massive drug orgy, is all I can imagine..

Thank you everyone, support is really appreciated :) I'll be able to focus on it more after my exams this week.. Then I'll go over everything you've said and maybe grab some resources from the German teacher at my school and get started :D

So, can you guys explain to me the word variations that apply to basic words, as in when you change the 'en' on the end of words and similar? How does this change the word?

Example:

rennen = to run

Ich renne sehr schnell. (I'm running very fast)

Er ist am rennen (He's running)

Do you mean this?

Edited by CarPileUp

Example:

rennen = to run

Ich renne sehr schnell. (I'm running very fast)

Ich tue rennen (I'm running)

Er ist am rennen (He's running)

Do you mean this?

Hmmm, kinda. More, what does the EN actually mean in terms of the word? Because this can be changed or removed depending on the context from what I saw. So what is the difference between them? i.e. What does Renne mean, compared to rennen? and the other variations of the word,

'Cause that's one of the things if I can learn the right context it'll save a lot of time in learning new words

renne and rennen is the same

You say renne when you want to add how you are running. e.g. "very fast"

"Ich renne sehr schnell". You can't say "Ich rennen sehr schnell".

When you just want to say "I'm running":

Ich renne.

Well it's quiet hard to teach you this, because there are still hundreds of exceptions here and such :V

Edited by CarPileUp