Mr. Green Gaming

Suggestion Moderators/Admins

Tootao

17 members have voted

1. 1. Need be changed with this ideas?

• Yes
    • No

Paying for admin (or at least a few privilegies) doesn't sound like a bad idea.

We could have every action these donators take logged nicely so if they abuse we'd know for sure and the deal would be off.

We can also limit their privilegies (E.g they can't ban but they can kick or something like that)

Just saying, there could be some money to be made out of this.

Why can't the topcrew just pick out proper admins, like they always do, but maybe a little more?

Also, we might use a Nominate Admins-topic in the Admins forum. Or even one on the normal forum. People can come up with people they think deserve to be admin. Since this will lead to nepotism, the admins will watch the nominated guy or girl for a while and see for themselves if he or she is really good enough.

In my opinion, l4g isn't a large enough community to NEED more forum moderators! I mean, yeah there are 7000 members, but there arent THAT many who regularly post (probably all BlueYoshi's alternate accounts). Its more like we're a little retarded family of europeans, not a huge community of random people that needs actively moderating, so the benefits of having more moderators seems kind of.. pointless

If you're suggesting they buy power so the server makes more money, a better thing to think of would be ways the server can use green coins more. Its fairly limited in what you can do with them at the minute, and there could easily be hundreds of extra things you can do with them to customise your profile or other perks in games and stuff like that,

SUMMARY! Buying power = bad idea :angry: A lower sub-class of admins that literally JUST moderate the forums = Good idea! :lol: More money = BETTER USE OF GREEN COINS (There should be an idea thread) + New members

Really the forum could do with a little re-vamp to make it more appealing to new users I think, as in the theme of everything and the name of the forums. Its surprising how much just changing the design changes the entire feel of the place. That'd be pretty cool I think :V(ponders for a while, then slowly opens photoshop)

It always feels like people post good ideas about changes and they get ignored.. I dont know if that because tc try to do too much of the work themselves or not, maybe we just need to make all our ideas easy to read and in literally one post, instead of big threads like this where they scan through it and miss everything

Edited by Dr.Minky

I don't see what's wrong with the current system..

As for the purchase of admins rights I don't think it's gonna work, to much abuse imo, instead of giving full admin rights just create like a VIP section for those who donate more (i.e 10€ per month) and give them like a third of the full privileges.

Edited by warp.

If you're suggesting they buy power so the server makes more money, a better thing to think of would be ways the server can use green coins more. Its fairly limited in what you can do with them at the minute, and there could easily be hundreds of extra things you can do with them to customise your profile or other perks in games and stuff like that,

I totally agree on making the GreenCoins more usefull. Perhaps make changes on the forum profile or whatever cost money? Just make it more like an everyday currency that you have to use daily (without ruining the experience for the people that doesn't play or donate, of course).

Yeah. GreenCoins should have a billion more functions. That's the most reasonable source for an income. Just how I feel..

But the only thing ON TOPIC that I agree with from the first post is to add in-game moderators that can only kick/ban/mute. No access to the admin panel, whatsoever. We currently don't have enough admins on MTA to deal with the 'tards and blockers. I play rarely and even then I'm pretty much the only admin on. Just saying we need some low-class administrators to keep order when the big guys (us) aren't around.

Yeah. GreenCoins should have a billion more functions. That's the most reasonable source for an income. Just how I feel..

But the only thing ON TOPIC that I agree with from the first post is to add in-game moderators that can only kick/ban/mute. No access to the admin panel, whatsoever. We currently don't have enough admins on MTA to deal with the 'tards and blockers. I play rarely and even then I'm pretty much the only admin on. Just saying we need some low-class administrators to keep order when the big guys (us) aren't around.

I'm there pretty much everyday and I think if the server had someone to imply the rules most of the players would leave, it's a troll fest and almost everyone breaks the rules.(Speaking foreign languages, trolling, insulting, blocking etc)

and almost everyone breaks the rules.(Speaking foreign languages, trolling, insulting, blocking etc)

I should note that speaking foreign languages and trolling are nowhere in the rules.

However excessive blocking should be stopped, don't try to be a hero here.

Yes, and in mta has 7 Admins

I only see :

Binslayer

Bandit

O_O

Sergio Riv

Others i did not see

i'm playing 5~9h per day...

Need Ywa look this.

and almost everyone breaks the rules.(Speaking foreign languages, trolling, insulting, blocking etc)

I should note that speaking foreign languages and trolling are nowhere in the rules.

However excessive blocking should be stopped, don't try to be a hero here.

I thought that by "Our main languages are Dutch and English" all the other languages weren't allowed, sorry for my ignorance then.

Don't get me wrong but if there's only 3 rules, with complete tolerance for trollers and tards why does the server need to be moderated? In my opinion if you readjust the server rules and recruit people to enforce them several players may leave because they're used to do what they want.

Edited by warp.
several players may leave because they're used to doing everything they want.

I think you should start getting your facts straight. 'Used to doing everything they want'? Whenever I'm online, nobody does shit unless I tell them to. And that's what admins are for - regulating the server. If you've seen people doing everything they want, then that's the lack of administrators on the server and unacceptable. We can't have anarchy on the server. Freedom's one thing, being an ass for no reason is totally different.

several players may leave because they're used to doing everything they want.

I think you should start getting your facts straight. 'Used to doing everything they want'? Whenever I'm online, nobody does shit unless I tell them to. And that's what admins are for - regulating the server. If you've seen people doing everything they want, then that's the lack of administrators on the server and unacceptable. We can't have anarchy on the server. Freedom's one thing, being an ass for no reason is totally different.

See, now you got me all wrong, because I agree with you it's a server and it needs to act like a server, starting by implying the rules but my facts are straight Bandit, they're used to do whatever they want. I'm just saying that lack management on the server kinda left the players on a comfortable position where they do whatever they want and get no punishment for their immature actions and I strongly believe that any regular player would agree with me.

Edited by warp.

@Tootao: I try to keep being active in the MTA server although in the last months I didn't got around to it so much. Now it's mainly because MTA: SA gives me bad textures that feel like I'm fucking up my videocard - but even through that I still try to play it when I have time.

So I come online once in a while in a couple of weeks - only to find out that everytime I join, nothing's going on, and there are usually other admins around at that time anyway. The last time I had a reason to use my admin functions was to mute somebody a couple of months ago, since then I didn't find any problems (unless they were solved by other admins who were present in the server at that time).

If you feel there's a shortcoming on admins right now in the MTA server though, I'll make time and play in the server more regularly.

Well it sounds to me like what you're saying is:

A ) There should be a review of current admins

B ) Admin applications should be considered more

I dont totally agree with that, but thats still not enough reason to resort to letting random nawbs pay for more power.. That would just lead to a corrupt and terrible management of the servers, it works fine now anyway..

Oh and @warp thats what the Greens are for, it seems unfair to let people buy their way into being a Green, that would destroy the whole point of awarding people with Green status.

I totally agree on making the GreenCoins more usefull. Perhaps make changes on the forum profile or whatever cost money? Just make it more like an everyday currency that you have to use daily (without ruining the experience for the people that doesn't play or donate, of course).

Perhaps this is something a thread should be made about in the greens lounge, for suggestions on how to better use green coins. Might keep the thread a little more focused if you post it there.. :V

Edited by Dr.Minky

@Tootao: I try to keep being active in the MTA server although in the last months I didn't got around to it so much. Now it's mainly because MTA: SA gives me bad textures that feel like I'm fucking up my videocard - but even through that I still try to play it when I have time.

So I come online once in a while in a couple of weeks - only to find out that everytime I join, nothing's going on, and there are usually other admins around at that time anyway. The last time I had a reason to use my admin functions was to mute somebody a couple of months ago, since then I didn't find any problems (unless they were solved by other admins who were present in the server at that time).

If you feel there's a shortcoming on admins right now in the MTA server though, I'll make time and play in the server more regularly.

Ok !

I am totally for lower level admins (mta). You list the four active admins but they are all on at the same time. When most of us foreign continent players are on, there

are no admins to manage the mayhem. I am constantly running into nick fackers, trollers, spammers, blockers...etc. There is a large list of reputable members that can

fill in this void. They don't even need full access to the admin panel. Simply kick, mute or maybe a feature to simply turn their ghostmode back on so they cant block.

Those of you that play regularly know who these people are so I shall not mention any names.

My 2 cents.

I am totally for lower level admins (mta). You list the four active admins but they are all on at the same time. When most of us foreign continent players are on, there

are no admins to manage the mayhem. I am constantly running into nick fackers, trollers, spammers, blockers...etc. There is a large list of reputable members that can

fill in this void. They don't even need full access to the admin panel. Simply kick, mute or maybe a feature to simply turn their ghostmode back on so they cant block.

Those of you that play regularly know who these people are so I shall not mention any names.

My 2 cents.

Report with screenshots / videos, that would help.

Edited by Hundred2

The solution to the problem is simple, like Bandit said, need more admins. 24 hour (or as close to as possible) would be ideal.

And if you can't/don't trust the admins you have, or your new ones, then they shouldnt have admninship if the first place.

(O)_(O) is the newest mta admin, but just like the rest of you, he plays when BinSlayer, Sergio, SDK, and Bandit play. Juggernaut is

the only one I can think of that plays when USA people do, but he hardly ever does.