Mr. Green Gaming

ADMINS - Language filter

dkdude7

I would like to suggest installing the Chat WordFilter or other language filter bukkit plugin. There is alot of language on the server's chat and it would be nice if it was blocked out. It is offensive and the language doesn't add anything to the server... if anything it hurts it.

Please consider my request,

Thanks

I would like to suggest installing the Chat WordFilter or other language filter bukkit plugin. There is alot of language on the server's chat and it would be nice if it was blocked out. It is offensive and the language doesn't add anything to the server... if anything it hurts it.

Please consider my request,

Thanks

Firstly your idea is a good one, but this means I will not be allowed to be racist to others or swear when I die. Thanks :D

Do we really need censorship? Swearing is immature, granted, but does blocking it out really accomplish anything? Besides, making wordfilters is just pain in the ass.

I can tell from personal experience swearing is not as satisfying when it's all blocked out.

For the few that would like it, there would be two who hated it and another guy who doesn't care. It seems like an extra imposition or rule to a game that provides neither of them.

Plus, it's usually pretty obvious what the expletive was given the context, meaning that its still essentially there. Just a little harder to read.

Agreed, be adult about it. Swearing is more often funny than offensive, and a lot of people just use it in day to day language.

Unless someone is being extremely racist and offensive or something then there shouldn't be any need to get mad about it, and even then it should be reported to admins so they can deal with it instead of just blocking certain words.

You don't have the right no to be offended....bitches? I mean seriously if you don't like it ignore it

Translation

You have the right to be offended... Person that is complaining? I mean seriously if you don't like it then ignore it.

Still doesn't make sense really

It looks like thread locking time :sax:

Edited by Dr.Minky

You don't have the right no to be offended....bitches? I mean seriously if you don't like it ignore it

Translation

You have the right to be offended... Person that is complaining? I mean seriously if you don't like it then ignore it.

Ok fail no need to translate imbecile

Basically YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NOT TO BE OFFENDED. i thought it was clear the first time apparent-fucking-ly not.

if you'd like a translation for those who are incompetent buffoons: there are no laws or rights that prohibit you from being offended. The End. Unless of course it is slander, there are laws that prohibit that, but in no way is saying fuck, shit, ass, bitch, or any other expletive banned, with minor exceptions of course, such as workplace harassment and what not. If this was not clear enough for those of you who lack the mental capabilities of grasping anything other than spelling the first letter of you name, please see 'You don't have the right not to be offended for dummies'

Regards

Well not really

-Csem

I'm not really a douche i was just expressing my right to offend people.

Translation

Ok fail no need to translate imbecile

Basically YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NOT TO BE OFFENDED. i thought it was clear the first time apparent-fucking-ly not.

if you'd like a translation for those who are incompetent buffoons: there are no laws or rights that prohibit you from being offended. The End. Unless of course it is slander, there are laws that prohibit that, but in no way is saying fuck, shit, ass, bitch, or any other expletive banned, with minor exceptions of course, such as workplace harassment and what not. If this was not clear enough for those of you who lack the mental capabilities of grasping anything other than spelling the first letter of you name, please see 'You don't have the right not to be offended for dummies'

Regards

Well not really

-Csem

I'm not really a douche i was just expressing my right to offend people.

So you're saying that people have to be offended by everything? Sorry, but I fail to be offended due to the whole hilarity of the subject.