Mr. Green Gaming

Duping problem.

Sacrevy

Recently I've found alot of rumors about dupers ingame, and it's true. ( nympimhpis or something similar to that (faction = looters2)is duping using the nodus hack client.

Alright, did some research, found what it is.

Duping in 1.2.5 Using the nodus hack client.

Is there something against this ?

Yes. A server called PridePVP (pretty famous)

Has a plugin against it, I got to know that as a moderator out there.

I will try to find out how they blocked it, and do not start a new map before this is fixed.

Edited by Sacrevy

It always amazes me that there's always some way to duplicate items on minecraft.

Just googled it. Always wondered why people leave and rejoin the game so much, last time it was people pvp logging constantly, nowadays it's people logging off and on.

Another reason PVP is bland these days :(

Edited by awesomeo_5000

Recently I've found alot of rumors about dupers ingame, and it's true. ( nympimhpis or something similar to that (faction = looters2)is duping using the nodus hack client.

Alright, did some research, found what it is.

Duping in 1.2.5 Using the nodus hack client.

Is there something against this ?

Yes. A server called PridePVP (pretty famous)

Has a plugin against it, I got to know that as a moderator out there.

I will try to find out how they blocked it, and do not start a new map before this is fixed.

Could you provide evidence to prove that players are doing this on the server and also screen dumps of the items in chests? If so Clavus will be able to do something about, but at the minute it would cost to much time to install or create plugins to do this process. Personally it's something that cannot be proven by non adminds easily. Corby did a massive chest bypass and also land claim and found out that hacking with ender pearls was a major problem.

Google 'Duping in 1.2.5 Using the nodus hack client.' It's one of the first results on youtube - If a server doesn't have protective measures it's possible as it's a loophole in the vanilla server config. I imagine it's a matter of the plugin overriding whatever reason the server gives for kicking a player whilst they use a client based command.

I'd be interested to see how hacking and duping would work after they fully separate the client and server. You'd expect it there to be less exploits, but then again this is Minecraft.

Edited by awesomeo_5000

When we found out that nymphy thingy from 'looters' had duped, who do you think our next target was ?

Anyway, some guy in their faction has already explained to you that that idiot was giving away sharp IV knock II fire II looting III swords & stackable potions, I didn't dupe lol.

Also, note that there's no reason for me to put effort in duping, I dont care about this server seeing as the map reset is coming soon, the only thing we did, was allying looters to get some loot, we didn't even get that much lol.

Edited by Sacrevy

This topic is what is going to start the new "trend" of duping. People see this, then decide to try it out. Thanks alot!

Yes, ignoring the problem and letting everyone carry on would be much more constructive :V

Edited by Dr.Minky

This topic is ment to prevent people from duping and to inform admins,

I'm still searching for something against this.

Till the next reset...

Duper kids will rule this map.

Shut up and go dupe somemore, all the kids say you told them how to dupe.

If you would just leave all the morons alone with their duping problem ..

Next map it'll be fine, hell brakes lose at all ends of maps for christ sake.

You don't have to report a duping glitch because someone else then you found out how to do the trick.

Edited by Mathijs1996

This topic is ment to prevent people from duping and to inform admins,

I'm still searching for something against this.

Till the next reset...

Duper kids will rule this map.

Shut up and go dupe somemore, all the kids say you told them how to dupe.

If you would just leave all the morons alone with their duping problem ..

Next map it'll be fine, hell brakes lose at all ends of maps for christ sake.

You don't have to report a duping glitch because someone else then you found out how to do the trick.

Look, just because you don't like the guy doesn't mean you have to turn every single thread into drama. You don't see me calling out your inability to write sentences and utter lack of common sense constantly now do you?

The 117 stack would be hacks - On Technic when you have Not Enough Items it can do this weird thing where it gives you 111 of an item, and whenever you use it it doesn't disappear.

Though when you drop it and pick it back up it stacks to 64 and 47.

Which means you have hacks.... or not :)

Edited by awesomeo_5000

Updated craftbukkit to latest recommended. Fixed bugs:

BUKKIT-1590: CraftWorld.setFullTime Crash

BUKKIT-1627: 1.2.5-R1.3 maxes out CPU usage with no plugins

BUKKIT-1628: .getEntities with tamed animals glitch

BUKKIT-1669: Latest snapshot of Craftbukkit/Bukkit producing 'query stty columns error' - Interrupted Exception

BUKKIT-1675: Jline and ANSICON failing to work, jline causing instant crash with error.

BUKKIT-1686: Crash with new Update?

BUKKIT-1697: Duping Exploit - (1.2.5 - uses Nodus Client)

BUKKIT-1702: Head is inaccurately rotated

BUKKIT-1706: Nullpointer when calling method hidePlayer(player)