Mr. Green Gaming

LRG Base

The LRG base was declared by Awesomeo_5000 to be duped and he said it contained enough obsidian to be equivalent to 100 hours of mining with a diamond pick axe. Therefore the obsidian was changed to smooth stone.

THIS IS UTTERLY RIDICULOUS.

Here's why:

1) LRG has 21 people. That's less than 5 hours of work per person. I know that's still a long time, but we play a Minecraft a lot!

2) Enchanted diamond picks mine really fast. Efficiency V picks mine at incredible speeds. According to the Minecraft Wiki, Efficiency V diamond picks have a 250% speed boost (Reference here: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Enchantment#Tool_Enchantments). That's 350%, meaning 3 and a half times faster. This means it's not actually 100 hours, it would be approximately 29 hours if mined with efficiency V. That's a little over an hour of work per person. I'm not saying we all use that, we have used those and other efficiency picks.

3) You know about obsidian farms/generators right.......It's not like we go in caves looking for lava to dump water on.

4)You can buy obsidian in the Greencoins shop. You can buy as much as you want, a stack for 800 GC.

5) We didn't mine it all. There are raids and such. I have raided 2 stacks of obsidian myself in the last couple days.

6) I'm pretty sure this base was made before the duping sprees started.

With all these factors in mind, our obsidian base is completely feasible for a determined and hardworking faction.

Edited by 1111hidef1

1. You don't mine 5 hours of obby. You can say you do but you just don't

2. That's still 2 hours of mining for each person (if they're all online at the same time)

4. I'm sure he checked what you guys spended, he won't be banning a donator.

5. You can get 10 stacks of obby mayby but not hundreds.

6. That duping was possible before the duping spree started.

My appologizes for interfearing in this topic but this is just ridicilous.

Edited by Mathijs1996

1. You don't mine 5 hours of obby. You can say you do but you just don't

2. That's still 2 hours of mining for each person (if they're all online at the same time)

4. I'm sure he checked what you guys spended, he won't be banning a donator.

5. You can get 10 stacks of obby mayby but not hundreds.

6. That duping was possible before the duping spree started.

My appologizes for interfearing in this topic but this is just ridicilous.

1. That is pure speculation on your part. I remember a few days ago Monkeybalzac helped my faction, mining 4 hours or so straight mining obsidian with an enchanted pick. Also, due to faster picks and raids you don't need to mine for 5 hours.

2. 2 hours of mining. That is nothing. I play more than that every day. This is MC! Is mining for 2 hours so unbelievable?! We don't have to be online at the same time.... Also it's more like 1.5 hours.

4. Ok, I don't know if GC was used.

5. Why the hell not? When you think about the fast-mining picks, and the loot from raids, it really isn't impossible over time. I think numbers 1 and 2 explain this pretty well.

6. That may be true but this is completely legitimate for multiple reasons.

I would also like to point out that Mathijs is from Discord (our main enemy) and may be a tad biased. Any input from others?

Edited by Nonam82

I can easily change it back, I screen recorded what I was doing if there's any doubt.

You had a base of around 2.5k obsidian blocks, high high in the sky. Every obsidian block takes 15 seconds to mine, let alone locate or generate with server lag. I know it's not the best solution but what I'm doing isn't limited to your faction. I replaced about 3 bases with over 6k obsidian blocks when the duping spree was rampant, and some of them even replaced the obsidian after I did it. In fact.... I'm pretty sure it was one of your faction members that reported the base to me and asked if I could do something about it. I will continue to replace any grossly abused obsidian base I find until told otherwise.

I'm not here to tell you how you can and can not build your base, and I get that it might not seem like the most professional thing to do. But you're one of the better factions on the server, you shouldn't have to rely on a duped obsidian sky base to protect you. Your points are all true, but as has been said you did not legit mine those blocks. Just the same way you didn't legit mine the diamond gold and iron blocks you have littered around your base and in your chests. Just the same as you didn't spend the time getting the identically damaged enchanted swords and armour that is in your chests. I won't even go into your stacked potions.

I haven't removed your duped items, I haven't kicked up a fuss about whether or not you hack, I just removed your game killing advantage of an all obsidian base so other factions at least have a chance in hell to create some competition. Heaven forbid.

Edit: the 100 hours was a typo I meant 10, just realised rewatching the recording :) ((2500*15)/60))/60

Edited by awesomeo_5000

You had a base of around 2.5k obsidian blocks, high high in the sky.

Wait a sec. Did we have a math error before? 2.5k is 39 stacks, which is a total of 6.53 hours of mining with a regular diamond pick (obby takes 9.4 seconds: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Obsidian). With Eff. V that is under 2 hours for the whole faction (5 minutes mining per person)! Am I going bonkers or is this not the "hundreds of stacks" nor 100 hours of mining that was accused before?

About the armor and stuff.... I'll discuss that later I want to know about the obby.

~Please tell me if I'm being uselessly annoying or am being reasonable.

Edit: Oh typo....I looked it up and found the mining time as 9.4 seconds am I getting my information wrong?

Also with obsidian generators you don't have to "locate" obsidian. Explanation here: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Obsidian#Farming_and_Casting

Edited by Nonam82

with an efficiency IV pick u can mine obby so quick. the LRG base had obby from me. i gave them stacks in return for items and other things. The amount of raiding. the obby generator they had and the obby they bought was easily enough to make that base. in 1 day i managed to get 1300 obby blocks. from some i already had. the obby generator that monkeybalzac made, raiding and buying it with GC. It should be changed back. so the amount they had is about 40 stacks i made up about a quarter or so of that amount and with their generators there is no doubt that they could get that much.

The duped items are from our neighbours CnC who have mostly been banned for other offences. I have many duped swords that i either bought from themonkeys or raided from CnC and the marines. So not mining the obby is not legit. what about the people who use GC. you can see mine and see the amount i have purchased so tell me how that is not legit.

well if your banning people with duped items and using the GC drop glitch maybe you should ban the whole server. i learnt that glitch from members of icebreakers and discord but i doubt they will be banned.

You had a base of around 2.5k obsidian blocks, high high in the sky.

Wait a sec. Did we have a math error before? 2.5k is 39 stacks, which is a total of 6.53 hours of mining with a regular diamond pick (obby takes 9.4 seconds: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Obsidian). With Eff. V that is under 2 hours for the whole faction (5 minutes mining per person)! Am I going bonkers or is this not the "hundreds of stacks" nor 100 hours of mining that was accused before?

About the armor and stuff.... I'll discuss that later I want to know about the obby.

~Please tell me if I'm being uselessly annoying or am being reasonable.

Edit: Oh typo....I looked it up and found the mining time as 9.4 seconds am I getting my information wrong?

I think the time to mine obby with a normal pick is about 15 secs. but with an eff IV pick its about 2 secs which LRG had a few of because they gave me one.

I think you guys are misunderstanding my intentions here.

I'm not picking on your faction, I'm not trying to disadvantage you. I'm just trying to grasp back a bit of the balance we had on the server before the duplication started. Now I can't police duped items, it's too large of a task. But what I can do is try to remove some of the products of the duplication, ie. huge obsidian bases.

Before PVP was hit in the face with a rubber penis by Mojang, players had to think about base design. Nowadays kids just dupe obsidian until they're swimming in it and create impenetrable fortresses. What that does is serves to create an even bigger gap in the PVP structure. You have a skilled, active faction that kills everyone yet also has an entirely unbreakable base so there's nothing that anyone can do. I'm all for people with wicked base designs that are inpenetrable, heck I'd salute you. But using duped obsidian isn't the way to do that.

We can debate whether your obsidian was duped or not all day. And I apologise for my typo in the game chat. I did my calculations on screen recording and its clear I wasn't attempting any sort of ruse. What strikes me with your OP is the sheer amount of reasons you give for finding your obsidian. Would it not be 'Oh awesomeo you made a mistake, I actually spent 32 euros on that obsidian can you put it back'. Or 'we had a generator and enchanted picks and sat and mined it.' Instead you have a set of hypotheses, not reasons.

Also I encourage you to post, you're not being unreasonable or annoying and you're well in your right to question what on the surface looks like a dick move. I just hope you realise it isn't and never will be personal and I'm only doing it to try and help the server.

Edit: Also I am on a bit more personal terms with some of your leaders, who I hope would level with me and tell me whether or not they are okay with what I did. Let them know about what happened and get Juan or someone to send me a PM. Just take a minute and think if it was the other way round. If you went to raid a base and found it was made from a mammoth amount of obsidian, would you give me a shout and get me to investigate it or would you think 'hurrah gentlemen, your obsidian mining skills are quite impeccable.'

Edited by awesomeo_5000

So all that money i used on obby is now wasted. whats the point in donating if its going to be taken away. The duping could have been taken care of if the admins actually came on every once in a while. in my 7 weeks of playing ive seen corby on a hand full of times for not very long same with awesomeo. clavus ive seen about 2 times when the server was being rebooted and darkstar i have never seen. i get what wear your coming from but it just seems a little too late now to try and rebalance the power.

so the thing is congratulations you have taken the time to mine all that obsidian now its unfair for everyone else to destroy you so im taking it away.

Hmm I'll put it back. You guys can deal with the server the way it is and we can all just hope 1.3 isn't really going to be coming out in August.

Also whilst I may not be physically logged into minecraft 24/7 like some of you guys, I always watch the ban forum, I always respond near instantly to personal messages if I'm at my computer/phone and awake, and the times I am on are currently exclusively spent repairing the damage the duped TNT is doing, and the incessant 1x1 towers around peoples bases. I have my IRC logged in allowing me to monitor the chat and have set up custom alerts to common phrases that would require my attention.

I do everything I can to try and help out. Sorry that it isn't enough for you Asx.

I think you guys are misunderstanding my intentions here.

I'm not picking on your faction, I'm not trying to disadvantage you. I'm just trying to grasp back a bit of the balance we had on the server before the duplication started. Now I can't police duped items, it's too large of a task. But what I can do is try to remove some of the products of the duplication, ie. huge obsidian bases.

Before PVP was hit in the face with a rubber penis by Mojang, players had to think about base design. Nowadays kids just dupe obsidian until they're swimming in it and create impenetrable fortresses. What that does is serves to create an even bigger gap in the PVP structure. You have a skilled, active faction that kills everyone yet also has an entirely unbreakable base so there's nothing that anyone can do. I'm all for people with wicked base designs that are inpenetrable, heck I'd salute you. But using duped obsidian isn't the way to do that.

We can debate whether your obsidian was duped or not all day. And I apologise for my typo in the game chat. I did my calculations on screen recording and its clear I wasn't attempting any sort of ruse. What strikes me with your OP is the sheer amount of reasons you give for finding your obsidian. Would it not be 'Oh awesomeo you made a mistake, I actually spent 32 euros on that obsidian can you put it back'. Or 'we had a generator and enchanted picks and sat and mined it.' Instead you have a set of hypotheses, not reasons.

Also I encourage you to post, you're not being unreasonable or annoying and you're well in your right to question what on the surface looks like a dick move. I just hope you realise it isn't and never will be personal and I'm only doing it to try and help the server.

Edit: Also I am on a bit more personal terms with some of your leaders, who I hope would level with me and tell me whether or not they are okay with what I did. Let them know about what happened and get Juan or someone to send me a PM. Just take a minute and think if it was the other way round. If you went to raid a base and found it was made from a mammoth amount of obsidian, would you give me a shout and get me to investigate it or would you think 'hurrah gentlemen, your obsidian mining skills are quite impeccable.'

Sorry I'm not thinking too clearly. It's almost 5 in the morning here =(

i just think an admin or two more would help. its the fact that i dont see admins on that makes me wonder if they are doing anything. sorry if i ofended you with that. Hidef it has been resolved and the base is back to normal. Adding a new class in like helpers or trusted members could also help with the admin situation with people being able to ask them and tell them things.

The world is made of molecules that are composed of atoms that are composed of quarks that are composed of string dimensions. Just because you don't see something does not mean it isn't there and performing functions you don't know exist.

I went the science route with that analogy but all modern religion is based on the same concept.

If you care to read the small text you'll see our fishy friend doesn't play Minecraft.

Obsidian is a TNT proof block that is considered a commodity and is difficult to mine.

A skybase is a fortress in the sky.

What I replaced was a giant flying obsidian oreo.

I once used to play single player (i remember i stopped when they put fishing poles in) I know some of the physics, but how is a base in the air better?

Well our server is based around combat. So people make clans and build a base, and then go and destroy other peoples bases and take their stuff. If you build it in the sky it makes tnt cannoning and other ways of getting into the base harder. Raiders also have to build towers to get up to the bases and it provides a lot of time for you to realise you're being raided and shoot them down with your bow and arrow :D If you own a copy I'd recommend joining our peaceful faction when the new map starts. It'll ease you into multiplayer cause you won't be getting attacked and you can test the water :)

Well our server is based around combat. So people make clans and build a base, and then go and destroy other peoples bases and take their stuff. If you build it in the sky it makes tnt cannoning and other ways of getting into the base harder. Raiders also have to build towers to get up to the bases and it provides a lot of time for you to realise you're being raided and shoot them down with your bow and arrow :D If you own a copy I'd recommend joining our peaceful faction when the new map starts. It'll ease you into multiplayer cause you won't be getting attacked and you can test the water :)

Why bother with the sky building if your base is tnt proof?

And if they try to mine your base, make a ditch of indepeding doom and death (fire included)

Why in the hell would you want to spend 32 euros on fricking obsidan shit when the server is going to update it's map any way? This makes completely no sense, it's a waste of money and all those excuses you give are also stupid. Everyone of you can't have Efficency 5 diamond pickaxes + really? all 21 players of faction online? I rarely see any faction having ALL it's members online, especially big factions. I am pretty sure no one of you would just really want to spend all his day mining some damn obsidans. Seriously, what for? End of the map, update 1.3 is near and you KINDA spended or "wasted" your time on mining obsidans?

Those damn excuses are for nothing. And also, I am not trying to say something against you because I am in Discord, myself, but the reasons you are trying to give are for nothing, really.