Mr. Green Gaming

MC Janitors Faction Action Plan

Dr.Minky

I'm willing to join Minky and the other guys for digging,gathering resources or building! (I'm not really creative when it comes to building though, 6.9/10 creative mind)

I like how everyone puts themselves around 7 for building when pretty much none of them are.

No offense, but let me put things into perspective here- I'd put the VoxelBox crew at around 8-8.5/10 (simply because I've seen some amazing structure in my time). But to consider the VoxelBox anything lower than 8 is heresy.! Most people would put them immediately at 10/10. I'd put my money down to say most people are 2-2.5 times lower than what they say they are. (once more, no offence.)

Well if the guy wants to help, let him help, the good builders will become apparent very quickly anyway!

(even more so if people would post an entry for the wall design already!)

I'm willing to join Minky and the other guys for digging,gathering resources or building! (I'm not really creative when it comes to building though, 6.9/10 creative mind)

I like how everyone puts themselves around 7 for building when pretty much none of them are.

No offense, but let me put things into perspective here- I'd put the VoxelBox crew at around 8-8.5/10 (simply because I've seen some amazing structure in my time). But to consider the VoxelBox anything lower than 8 is heresy.! Most people would put them immediately at 10/10. I'd put my money down to say most people are 2-2.5 times lower than what they say they are. (once more, no offence.)

Well if the guy wants to help, let him help, the good builders will become apparent very quickly anyway!

(even more so if people would post an entry for the wall design already!)

I'd build a wall were it not for this damned contest taking up my time.

also, WHY AM I STILL AWAKE!?

Mine is below hell :I

I'm just not much creative, but ofcourse if you tell me which way to do a thing i will do it. Maybe if you don't want i'll just help dig down and gather resources, that's okay

I'm just not much creative, but ofcourse if you tell me which way to do a thing i will do it. Maybe if you don't want i'll just help dig down and gather resources, that's okay

Creativity is what makes a good builder. Anyone can place blocks where they're told. It's those that design it who are the good builders.

Creativity is what makes a good builder. Anyone can place blocks where they're told. It's those that design it who are the good builders.

Architecture FTW!

i know this is propably a little late but i just read the post and thought id mention it. although im sceptical about digging out everything marking it into chunks will help... because from what iv heard you plan on 'warzoning' this arena . .. and like claims warzones work in chunks which means if you want people to be able to safely spectate ... and be able to fight you will need to safezone/warzone parts of the arena once your done, otherwise the spectators will murder each other faster than the constestants, ecspecially sinse theres no combat in a poeacful faction... either way count me in :D

Lookin' good fellas, keep em coming :) Feel free to improve and repost your designs too

Basically what I'll do is, a few days before the map resets I will take the one we think is best, get them to come on my server and then make a final plan of their wall - And change it slightly adding in ideas from some of the other good posts. Then that person will be the one leading the build of it :)

Do you have an idea of the dimensions of the inside base area? Not the walls included.

Not sure yet, we'll find out when the map resets (we can always add/remove land as appropriate to a certain extent anyway cause we're spesh)

You really should consider how resource intensive the walls can be.

Wezrine, your design is, in my opinion, extremely good. But, and I believe Minky is likely to disagree here, I find it far too resource intensive. We will likely need a good 25+ chunks. I'd say we'd have 2 of those walls per outer chunk, 4 on each corner. That's 14 chunks with 2 and 4 with 4. So we'd need that all about 36 times.

I'd say one of those walls costs around 300 stone bricks, and that's being very generous. That means we'd need 1200 smooth stone. for one wall. Also meaning we'd need 150 coal per wall.

By the end of it all we'd need 43,200 smooth stone and 5.400 pieces of coal.

That will take a very very long time.

Do you have an idea of the dimensions of the inside base area? Not the walls included.

Not sure yet, we'll find out when the map resets (we can always add/remove land as appropriate to a certain extent anyway cause we're spesh)

You really should consider how resource intensive the walls can be.

Wezrine, your design is, in my opinion, extremely good. But, and I believe Minky is likely to disagree here, I find it far too resource intensive. We will likely need a good 25+ chunks. I'd say we'd have 2 of those walls per outer chunk, 4 on each corner. That's 14 chunks with 2 and 4 with 4. So we'd need that all about 36 times.

I'd say one of those walls costs around 300 stone bricks, and that's being very generous. That means we'd need 1200 smooth stone. for one wall. Also meaning we'd need 150 coal per wall.

By the end of it all we'd need 43,200 smooth stone and 5.400 pieces of coal.

That will take a very very long time.

Indeed it will son, but also keep in mind that this base is not just a temporary thing that will be deleted - this will be a permanent base that will likely be carried across maps (depending on how committed people are of course), so we don't have to be too cautious with our resources - Which we will have more than enough of, even after finishing the wall and center buildings :) If anything we want to use as much of our stuff as possible, as we would likely not be allowed to carry them across maps,

Edited by Dr.Minky

This is my first attempt. I would rate this Medium in resource usage. Medium being compared to other designs i might come up with.

post-6776-0-39321200-1342462390_thumb.pn

post-6776-0-64615700-1342462406_thumb.pn

post-6776-0-22914100-1342462480_thumb.pn

post-6776-0-74937800-1342463416_thumb.pn

Visible are 1 corner piece and two straight pieces. Each piece designed to fit on a single chunk and to be repeatable. Chunks are marked with the wool. The number in brackets is the amount of smoothstone used for the smoothstone halfslabs.

Corner Chunk Resources:

Torches: 8

Halfslab: 36

Doubleslab: 67

Stone Bricks: 322

Halfslab Stone Bricks: 67

Stone Stairs: 90

Glass Panes: 52

"Raw" Corner Chunk Resources:

Coal: 2

Stick: 2

SmoothStone: 532 + (85)

Glass: 19.5

Straight Chunk 1 Resources:

Torches: 8

Halfslab: 32

Doubleslab: 30

Stone Bricks: 212

Halfslab Stone Bricks: 46

Stone Stairs: 72

"Raw" Straight Chunk 1 Resources:

Coal: 2

Stick: 2

SmoothStone: 388 + (46)

Straight Chunk 2 Resources:

Torches: 4

Halfslab: 32

Doubleslab: 54

Stone Bricks: 204

Halfslab Stone Bricks: 210

Stone Stairs: 80

"Raw" Straight Chunk 2 Resources:

Coal: 1

Stick: 1

SmoothStone: 370 + (70)

Say you got a 5x5 chunk area, then you would have 4 corner chunks and 12 straight chunks. We'd use 8x type 1 and 4x type 2. Let's speed up the math and go straight to the results:

Coal: 28

Stick: 28

SmoothStone: 6712 + (988) -> 6712 + 990 = 7702

Glass: 78

For the Smooth Stone we'd need 963 Coal and for the Glass we'd need 10.

Seeing as there is "only" on average 136 coal per chunk it would be better to search for alternative furnace fuels. Best would either be lava, blazerods or planks. Lava for being OP and the other two for being "renewable".

Making the grand total:

Coal: 28

Wood: 4

Cobblestone: 7702

Sand: 78

Fuel: (only need one of these)

80~100 Lava buckets (given how effecient we would be in using them)

650 Blaze rods

980 coal ore.

1310 Wood blocks.

On hindsight: Maybe i need to put my design on a diet.

PS. If you want to watch the design just check the dynmap somewhere northeast, the grass/wool grid is very easy to spot.

That is one sexy man wall Whimplash

Where do I sign up?

Just read both this --> and this thread here, then just say youre interested and maybe build a wall / just some ideas for the wall and upload it here. I

I've said lots of times before but I'll say it again just for clarity - On these first stages as many people as possible will get involved, so accepting people will be pretty lose, and after these stages me and Awesomeo will filter people out who we think would make good permanent members of the faction - Consider the first part like a trial or something :>

Edited by Dr.Minky