Mr. Green Gaming

Griefed

Dear Admins of left4green,

This morning i was planning to play on minecraft.nl. And i saw Whimplash on the dynmap near my base so i thought wtf ( i always start dynmap first so that i can see who's online). After i logged in my whole base was filled with lava and my chests were gone. Thats impossible because i owned everything, my faction consists of my brother (tonyhok) and tt_tnt (my good friend). They didnt leave and i logged in with both their accounts and they were on the same position as i put them yesterday. So i got griefed my stuff is gone and i already saw xderpina with the same topic but i just wanted to say that i also got griefed ( xderpina's faction is next to mine). Please admins i worked really hard to get all that stuff and now im desperate. There must been a hacker or maybe whimplash did something (i dont think so, but you never know), but i hope you can explain it and do something about it.

Kind regards.

Oogappeltje (admin of TheMobs)

Dear Admins of left4green,

This morning i was planning to play on minecraft.nl. And i saw Whimplash on the dynmap near my base so i thought wtf ( i always start dynmap first so that i can see who's online). After i logged in my whole base was filled with lava and my chests were gone. Thats impossible because i owned everything, my faction consists of my brother (tonyhok) and tt_tnt (my good friend). They didnt leave and i logged in with both their accounts and they were on the same position as i put them yesterday. So i got griefed my stuff is gone and i already saw xderpina with the same topic but i just wanted to say that i also got griefed ( xderpina's faction is next to mine). Please admins i worked really hard to get all that stuff and now im desperate. There must been a hacker or maybe whimplash did something (i dont think so, but you never know), but i hope you can explain it and do something about it.

Kind regards.

Oogappeltje (admin of TheMobs)

It was definately Whimplash, he always does this sort of thing, its just his way of showing he cares

Even though everyone on the server AND the forums knows that there have been hackers on yesterday and this morning doing stuff like this, and theres even a thread in the recent posts with the exact same title as yours discussing this VERY issue. Maybe you should read these things and get some facts and evidence before accusing admins of abuse when THEY have to spend half their time sorting out YOUR shitty, whiny, impotent problems for absolutely no reason other than they want to help. Show some respect and appreciation.

There's been a hacker.

Edited by Dr.Minky

Since you actually saw "me" on the live map. Do you know a rough time when this happened? Would be a help to apprehend the imposter.

Edit:

No longer needed.

PS. Ooga, I know what I do and don't do, so no hard feelings over having misconceptions.

Edited by Whimplash

The Minecraft authentication server exploit (which got fixed this morning) was used to log in on both my and Whimplash's account. The idiots who did this didn't think too far ahead because I can see what IPs they used to log in and cross reference these against other users in the server log.

So now OhitzGeorgie and some guy named bbbth are banned forever.

EDIT: chucklydarkly banned too since same IP as OhitzGeorgie.

Looks like it's a good thing I've been away for a few days :D If your account was accessed Clavus have you checked to see if anyone was opped? This all sounds pretty intense.

All checked :3

Wow, just wow...! What exactly was the authentication server exploit, or how did they do this?

Ps: ohitz has 5 mc accounts (at least), which I can confirm, if this is any help to you

Also in the past Ohitz tried to trick me into thinking he was awesomeo_5000 on skype (impersonating admins. How low can you go...) , so this guy doesn't belong on this server!

Anyway Clavus, good thinking, using their IP to find out who the culprit(s) were & taking out the trash!

Syncr0 did mention that to me before, but unless it's personally me on Minecraft or the forums saying 'Skype me' then why would anyone believe it? I only use skype every now and then for personal calls so. Ignore anything claiming to be me.

Everyone should just exercise some common sense. If you wanted to contact any admin, either personal message them, visit IRC, or add us on steam.