Mr. Green Gaming

Server Network Restructure

Clavus

Two servers for CS:GO.

Classic Comp and Classic Casual.

DO IT.

Who plays casual anyway? To me it seems like just a CS mod which buys you extra stuff in the beginning of each round, made for console gamers.

Uh, I do :V

I much prefer the classic CS economy over the one used in casual servers. You don't get to spend any money, it just hoops up. And the games are so short.

The idea to remove the surf server is, in my honest opinion, pretty dumb. When I first joined the server, it got me totally. It is so plain and fun it gets addicting. It has a really nice mapcycle, it has fun sounds, a nice ranking system. I can see you guys are switching to GO, but I will not be buying it. I like the simplicity of CSS, and at the moment, Mr. Green is the only reason I still play it. I see lots of people on the same situation right now. New people are also joining the server (I keep seeing 1000 points guys popping) so it being underpopulated is not a proper excuse to do this. People are also on vacations and don't have internet nor computers to play. In a week or two, everyone will be back home and available. What I can see here is that you guys gave up on this server. No proper administration is available and active and I am pretty much the only one that keeps an eye on it. I keep bugging admins on IRC so that they /might/ take an action. No one really does it though. I even am considering to buy a simple server to actually host it, if you guys fully agree with me (it might not happen anytime soon though, I can't afford it right now). I have a stable nice 100 Mbps connection and I am willing to host it in my very own home. As hard as it might sound, as it costs me to say it, this is my ultimatum for this community. If you guys give up on this server, I will be giving up on Mr. Green.

Hoping for a better future,

Rafael.

Two servers for CS:GO.

Classic Comp and Classic Casual.

DO IT.

Who plays casual anyway? To me it seems like just a CS mod which buys you extra stuff in the beginning of each round, made for console gamers.

Uh, I do :V

I much prefer the classic CS economy over the one used in casual servers. You don't get to spend any money, it just hoops up. And the games are so short.

Casual is great if you are new to the game.

And there are lots of new players so a server with Classic Casual would get players.

The idea to remove the surf server is, in my honest opinion, pretty dumb. When I first joined the server, it got me totally. It is so plain and fun it gets addicting. It has a really nice mapcycle, it has fun sounds, a nice ranking system. I can see you guys are switching to GO, but I will not be buying it. I like the simplicity of CSS, and at the moment, Mr. Green is the only reason I still play it. I see lots of people on the same situation right now. New people are also joining the server (I keep seeing 1000 points guys popping) so it being underpopulated is not a proper excuse to do this. People are also on vacations and don't have internet nor computers to play. In a week or two, everyone will be back home and available. What I can see here is that you guys gave up on this server. No proper administration is available and active and I am pretty much the only one that keeps an eye on it. I keep bugging admins on IRC so that they /might/ take an action. No one really does it though. I even am considering to buy a simple server to actually host it, if you guys fully agree with me (it might not happen anytime soon though, I can't afford it right now). I have a stable nice 100 Mbps connection and I am willing to host it in my very own home. As hard as it might sound, as it costs me to say it, this is my ultimatum for this community. If you guys give up on this server, I will be giving up on Mr. Green.

Hoping for a better future,

Rafael.

As much as I enjoy your enthusiasm I don't think it'll happen (definitely not the part you hosting it), but I agree that CSS was one of the more fun servers here indeed.

As much as I enjoy your enthusiasm I don't think it'll happen (definitely not the part you hosting it), but I agree that CSS was one of the more fun servers here indeed.

It's what I said, even providing you guys a free host you decline it. It seems you don't care :( These last two days have been great for the server. Always full of players. The surf server means a lot to some, and it's just hard to see it go like that.

It's what I said, even providing you guys a free host you decline it. It seems you don't care :( These last two days have been great for the server. Always full of players. The surf server means a lot to some, and it's just hard to see it go like that.

It's just not professional to use a (possibly) unreliable host that we couldn't control.

It's just not professional to use a (possibly) unreliable host that we couldn't control.

That wouldn't be an issue. It would be my big donation to Mr. Green, it would be managed by you. It would be behind my router, but that is pretty much the only serious limitation. It has an uptime of two months now. Anyway, I understand your POV, and I can see the problems it would cause :)

Edited by r4ph43110w

On the topic of CS:GO server(s) I would suggest adding either

• 1 competitive server with the settings commonly used on tournaments etc. OR
  • 1 competitive server and 1 deathmatch server.

The reason being that deathmatch servers are very much fun for every player, no matter the reason you're playing. You can use it to practice or just drop in for 5 minutes of fun.

Edited by VMR

meh deathmatch servers will be tons of, better get surf or zombie those still rake in more players then TDM.(more constant

You can also try hosting a server with all of these game modes, can be done if the server changes settings according to map:

Server map is surf?

Change to surf.cfg

Server map is cs/de?

Change to DM.cfg

etc

Edited by Reap3r

I've started working on the server restructure. We now have a Classic Competitive CS:GO server (add 87.238.175.90:27016 to favs), with the bomb defusal map cycle. Let's see if it catches on. I could make my own map group to mix bomb defusal and hostage maps, but that'll probably kick us out of the quickplay roulette, if we're part of that at all. Let's first see how it goes.

TF2 Payload, TF2 MvM and Infected Wars have been removed, each for their own reasons. They had their run, we can't keep supporting them forever.

Working on moving Minecraft to Fenrir. So far so good. Don't know how it'll perform once we bring more people on.

• 3 weeks later...