Mr. Green Gaming

Server Network Restructure

Clavus

Next week we'll start working on a server restructure, since our current setup is growing stale.

Right now we have:

• MTA Race
  • MTA Mix
  • Garry's Mod Zombie Survival
  • Garry's Mod Infected Wars
  • Garry's Mod Darkest Days (NECROSSIN's test server)
  • Team Fortress 2 Arena
  • Team Fortress 2 Payload
  • Team Fortress 2 Mann vs Machine (private passworded server)
  • Counter-Strike:Source Surf
  • Minecraft

All gameservers except Minecraft run on our Fenrir machine. Minecraft runs on Iris, but Ywa is dropping Iris next month so we need to move the server somewhere else.

Plan right now is to move Minecraft to Fenrir, meaning it goes from a Linux machine to a Windows machine. I think we'll have to scale back the slots a bit, which isn't a huge issue since it's been a long time since we filled up to 100 slots. I'm thinking we'll go to 60 slots, of which 10 will be reserved for people with the reserved slot item.

We also like to set up a CS:GO server, although we're still not sure what gamemode to run. Classic, Arsenal (GunGame), Zombie Escape or Surf.

Another thing I'd like to focus on is building our community beyond servers we can host ourselves. Examples are Guild Wars 2, Battlefield 3, PlanetSide 2.

Now the bad news, we're going to have to cut some things. Starting with TF2 Payload, and possibly CSS Surf. The MvM server was something temporary from the start. GMod Infected Wars didn't gain momentum beyond the old fanbase so we'll just have to let it go.

Small overview (legenda: to be removed, planning to add, configuration change):

• MTA Race
  • MTA Mix
  • Garry's Mod Zombie Survival
  • Garry's Mod Infected Wars
  • Garry's Mod Darkest Days (NECROSSIN's test server)
  • Team Fortress 2 Arena
  • Counter-Strike:Source Surf
  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  • Minecraft

That's about it for now. Feel free to discuss.

Much like I stressed in the TF2 restructure topic, you really should give a 24/7 2fort server a try, it really does feel like everyone just giving up on it, and with no disrespect to the other tf2 admins I don't see anyone else doing anything to try and help it, I could post a list of things that /I/ think need to be done but I'll probably post that in the TF" restructure topic a bit later.

I think a normal competitive CS:GO server would be awesome, since CS:GO is all about the competitive scene. I would love to have a server where I could meet people, practice and build a team, and I think a lot of people share that excitement with me.

e: and 15 round CS:GO is fun for everyone, anyway.

I thought they were doing OK?

Edited by VMR

I think a normal competitive CS:GO server would be awesome, since CS:GO is all about the competitive scene. I would love to have a server where I could meet people, practice and build a team, and I think a lot of people share that excitement with me.

e: and 15 round CS:GO is fun for everyone, anyway.

I thought they were doing OK?

Payload is often empty, even arena sits at 6-10 players at any one time for most of the day now.

edit: I think the MvM thing was just a try out, its only 5 slots anyway.

Edited by Balmung