Mr. Green Gaming

So sad :'(

dkdude7

You know, I wonder if the server's getting empty because of the fact we have over 750 xray bans.

Yeah I even told my school friend once that Mr. Green has home-made anti X-ray. He was like: "Well then fuck the owner of the server! Everyone uses X-ray, but he bans all the people. He will probably get no players soon!"

I mean, lol. It really looks like every single player of MC uses x-ray.

May be a bit stupid question, but is it 100% sure that this anti-xray code doesn't do false positives? Of course every now and then, but 700 bans already? (Not that I doubt your coding skills or anything)

It's pretty lenient in the way it bans, so I wouldn't have thought so. It just looks like most of our players used it :D

Perhaps it would be better to issue time based bans instead of map based ones, for example first offence is two weeks doubling as it goes along. That way there's some continuity with how long people get punished for. If someone who joins the server and x-rays on the last day of a map, they won't really learn the value of the punishment, and will likely reoffend the following day and earn him self a permanent ban. It also removes the need for unban appeals, which should clear up the ban section as people know they have to wait until x date to be able to play again.

It'd just be a matter of coding the plug in to work in conjunction with a time-ban plug in on bukkit :)

Edited by awesomeo_5000

May be a bit stupid question, but is it 100% sure that this anti-xray code doesn't do false positives? Of course every now and then, but 700 bans already? (Not that I doubt your coding skills or anything)

It's pretty lenient in the way it bans, so I wouldn't have thought so. It just looks like most of our players used it :D

Perhaps it would be better to issue time based bans instead of map based ones, for example first offence is two weeks doubling as it goes along. That way there's some continuity with how long people get punished for. If someone who joins the server and x-rays on the last day of a map, they won't really learn the value of the punishment, and will likely reoffend the following day and earn him self a permanent ban. It also removes the need for unban appeals, which should clear up the ban section as people know they have to wait until x date to be able to play again.

It'd just be a matter of coding the plug in to work in conjunction with a time-ban plug in on bukkit :)

^^This. Time based ban sounds a lot better than map based ban.

About the xray protection. Will it ban me if i use my fortune 3 pickaxe? I dont know how your system works i just came accros this unban topic were he said he had used one and gotten banned. If i get alot more dia than usuall (whit fortune 3) will it ban me for the amount of diamonds i have in my inventory ? (or it might be how many ores i find which wouldnt make it a problem)

Edited by Marcuserkenfjord

About the xray protection. Will it ban me if i use my fortune 3 pickaxe? I dont know how your system works i just came accros this unban topic were he said he had used one and gotten banned. If i get alot more dia than usuall (whit fortune 3) will it ban me for the amount of diamonds i have in my inventory ? (or it might be how many ores i find which wouldnt make it a problem)

Fortune won't affect the plug in, what you see there is some good old fashioned lying :V

Using a fortune 3 picaxe has nothing to do with bans seeing as the X-ray part comes in when you're looking for the ore. The amount of ore blocks you find is what you get the ban for. Lets say you found 35 ore blocks in the space of 5 minutes that would be fishy and you mined them all which gave you 200+ diamonds ( a lot I know ) , but lets say you found 10 ore blocks it isn't as bad. So having a F3 pic doesn't really make a difference it depends on the amount of blocks you mine not the amount of diamonds.

Edited by Luke Nukem

Fortune won't affect the plug in, what you see there is some good old fashioned lying :V

why would i be lying? Just heard ppl say that it bans you for the amount of dias and cobble in your inventory when you f home. which totally screw it up for a person using fortune.

Edited by Marcuserkenfjord

In a way, peaceful factions kinda destroys faction wars, it discourages PvPing and the care for being online to get your power up

There were only really 2 peaceful factions, Janitors and some other thing I can't remember.. And they pretty much stopped playing - The people that I saw that did buy it ended up wanting to go raid and just got rid of it

In a way, peaceful factions kinda destroys faction wars, it discourages PvPing and the care for being online to get your power up

There were only really 2 peaceful factions, Janitors and some other thing I can't remember.. And they pretty much stopped playing - The people that I saw that did buy it ended up wanting to go raid and just got rid of it

Some of those people intended from the start to go PvP after building up as a peaceful faction. It's not such a coincidence that they went back to PVP.