Mr. Green Gaming

[Minecraft] New server and map

Clavus

We had to move our Minecraft server to another machine, since Iris will cease to be part of the network soon. That's why we'll soon be adopting server.minecraft.nl as our new Minecraft server address. The old address, play.minecraft.nl, will change too (the old server and map will be remain reachable for a little while longer on that address). The live map still has to be configured, so that won't be working until a later date.

I've set up a new map on the new server. Updated a whole heap of plugins. There won't be any more restrictions on blocks, we're going back to standard Faction Wars.

I'm not too sure how stable Minecraft will be on the new machine, so I brought the player slots back from 100 to 50, with 10 extra reserved slots for whoever bought the Green-Coins shop item.

Last but not least: ALL xray bans have been revoked as of today. Seeing as there was an enormous amount of people banned for this offensive (over 750 players :/) I don't find it practical to keep it as a permanent ban. I'm not too happy with it, but I'll give it a go. DO NOTE: this does not mean we'll stop banning for xray use. You just got a second chance. Don't waste it!

ALL xray bans have been revoked as of today. Seeing as there was an enormous amount of people banned for this offensive (over 750 players :/) I don't find it practical to keep it as a permanent ban. I'm not too happy with it, but I'll give it a go. DO NOTE: this does not mean we'll stop banning for xray use. You just got a second chance. Don't waste it!

This needs to be put on a notice board at spawn - as much as I know you hate putting up tons of spawn stuff.

Also, is there still room to increase the server size if needed, or is it 50 because the fenrir servers lack the hardware? I can imagine 50 MAY fill up fairly quickly if things kick off

Is the 'soon' now? play.minecraft.nl adds me to the 60 capacity world. My permissions also haven't been configured, and the spawn is slightly off center compared to the little sign hut thingy.

Yeah I changed play.minecraft.nl to direct to the new server this morning. Some people might still have the wrong IP cached so I'm keeping the old server up for a little while, until their cache refreshes. If you really need to be on the old server for something, use iris.limetric.com to connect.

I probably still have an old ops file on Fenrir, I'll add you to it later tonight.

Is the 'soon' now? play.minecraft.nl adds me to the 60 capacity world. My permissions also haven't been configured, and the spawn is slightly off center compared to the little sign hut thingy.

Yeah I changed play.minecraft.nl to direct to the new server this morning. Some people might still have the wrong IP cached so I'm keeping the old server up for a little while, until their cache refreshes. If you really need to be on the old server for something, use iris.limetric.com to connect.

I probably still have an old ops file on Fenrir, I'll add you to it later tonight.

Ahh great thanks. Whilst you're at it, would you be able to transfer the schematic 'Janitors' to the new machine? It has the community arena Whimplash, Loub, myself and a few others have been working on.