Mr. Green Gaming

To Catch A Hacker

RedGander

Today, my fellow faction member KellyAnthony was out raiding, and it happened that xpr0legendx was AFK at a mob grinder. He manages through efforts to get there, but then is killed by the forcefield that xpr0 has turned on while AFK. Now, he didn't happen to be recording, and it was tough to get back there again, since xpr0 had fellow faction members online.

My suggestion is that for a case like this, when a player didn't happen to have recording on, is to be able to maybe PM an admin who can teleport to the subject to verify.

Now, I know the admins are busy people. They can't respond to everything. What if people could build a reputation or something by submitting ban reports of spam, recorded hacking and stuff, to prove they are a trustworthy source?

Just a thought. Cases like this are simply outrageous. It's frustrating when hackers get away with stuff like this.

What if people could build a reputation or something by submitting ban reports of spam, recorded hacking and stuff, to prove they are a trustworthy source?

What do you mean?

So that they can report people without even giving a proof? :huh:

Sounds like a stupid idea

Edited by Quert

What if people could build a reputation or something by submitting ban reports of spam, recorded hacking and stuff, to prove they are a trustworthy source?

What do you mean?

I think he means trustworthy people who would tell the truth and he can contact an admin and the admin will come there and check if he is right.

I disagree, the most discreet way to report a hacker you dont have proof of is to post on the public forums that the person you are talking about use every day telling the entire server that you want an admin to check them out, so that they make sure to carry on leaving forcefield on when they're AFK!

Oh wait..

What do you mean?

I think he means trustworthy people who would tell the truth and he can contact an admin and the admin will come there and check if he is right.

Yeah that's what I meant.

You don't have to be special to just contact us and ask us to check it out.

With lots of new people, they think some random thing is hacking, even if it's not, very often so that's why I suggested.

He's a known hacker from previous maps, I signed on last night and everyone told me however he was afk and not doing anything so couldn't prove anything then, next time video it, otherwise your efforts are for nothing.

Kelly didn't have his video recording on the first time, and after that, xpr0legend's faction buddies blocked off around him I think.

it is frustrating the number of hackers on the server these days, since most hacks get past the security and plugins to stop them anyway. the problem is that there isnt a large ammount of policing the server adn not everyone reoords al lthe time, maybe some low level mods with /v ect might help, as iv both played and admined various servers and this seems to have the highest rate of hackers and the servers with the lowest seem to be those with mods ect who are constantly around to stop hackers.

it is frustrating the number of hackers on the server these days, since most hacks get past the security and plugins to stop them anyway. the problem is that there isnt a large ammount of policing the server adn not everyone reoords al lthe time, maybe some low level mods with /v ect might help, as iv both played and admined various servers and this seems to have the highest rate of hackers and the servers with the lowest seem to be those with mods ect who are constantly around to stop hackers.

That seems like a pretty good idea.