⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

Cleaning spawn

Mathijs1996

To start of with; I request ALL factions that claimed next to spawn to move, tomorrow I will claim warzone around the current spawn, anything lost will not be refuneded.

Next, you can post here any ideas or things you would want to be in the spawn area, any designs that aren't to big or posh can be posted aswell, we're looking for something simple, something neat but something nice. Warzone will function as a bumper for safezone, currently filled with creeper holes, and it will be fixed slightly so pvp can be done in warzone without getting back to safezone. (Unless you're going to pearl spam ofc. Any solutions against running back to safezone can be posted here aswell.

Thanks for the ideas and cooperation.

Mathi

Edited by Mathijs1996
I would make a 18x18 tower, have the doors in the warzone, make the tower high enough so pearls can't be thrown upon

idkn.png

to prevent boring tower maybe make some deco's in the wall like we did previous map with our base?

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7937/basej.png

I've been thinking of a few drop downs since doors can be opened to let someone back inside, but the problems are the bigg wals, they're ugly as shit imo.

Maybe I can make the walls of glass so it's near invisible, but that would require world edit which is broken atm.

Make a big tree with lots of vines. Like that tropic map generator we had. You nearly killed yourself every time you used pearls on there since you'd drop to your death after throwing them into a vine.

I think both glass and vines would work, bit if we choose for vines we alse have to choose for a tree as spawn.

Instead of disabling enderpearls I want to look into giving them an alternate purpose, and perhaps killing two ostriches with one boulder.

What if you could use an enderpearl to 'select' a type of block using left mouse, like a block of red wool. Then when you throw the enderpearl using right mouse against any block of red wool, you get teleported to the block that you marked. This way people can make their own teleportation network by marking different block types, but requires them to reach new locations on foot first.

In case that you throw your enderpearl against a type of block you didn't mark, or when the marked block was destroyed / doesn't have free space, it could fail while displaying a message. Plus I could prohibit use when you're in combat.

A way out spawn without being able to panic back into spawn. (a way to actually have pvp at spawn)

This will be implemented but the problems are pearls .. Unless clavus can fully disable these in warzones, players will just pearl back into spawn.

Ye I jsut figted a dude and he enderoearled into spawn...

Dear Mathijs.

I'll be back home tomorrow, and when I'm online i would like my stuff back.

So what was in the chest:

-18 Blaze rods

-64 + 46 Netherwart

-64 + 23 Spider eyes

- 1 set diamond armour half broken (un-enchanted)

- 49 Melons and 23 Steak

- 9 Enderpearls

I would like it back if possible.

Dear Mathijs. I'll be back home tomorrow, and when I'm online i would like my stuff back. So what was in the chest: -18 Blaze rods -64 + 46 Netherwart -64 + 23 Spider eyes - 1 set diamond armour half broken (un-enchanted) - 49 Melons and 23 Steak - 9 Enderpearls I would like it back if possible.

I've just checked your entire chunck for other chests than what I found and I can't find any, in what in the chest I found there was a p III bow 40 netherwarts 12 blazerods and food and crap. Unless you can give me this exact location of the chest (somewhere underground ?), you're not getting any of the above listed stuff back. Everything above the current level has been destroyed by hand.

Mathijs that thing that you made around the spawn.. isn't good.. It's really easy to get in, go near the soulsand run and jump on the glowstone *!YOU'RE IN!*

I know how to make it fool proof. I discovered this when I was messing with an end portal on a server when it was half claimed.

If you have a 2 block space above an end portal block, then walk through it, you cannot walk back at all I believe. I don't remember the exqact layout but with some experimentation it's easily used.

Edited by RedGander
Mathijs that thing that you made around the spawn.. isn't good.. It's really easy to get in, go near the soulsand run and jump on the glowstone *!YOU'RE IN!*

I know how to make it fool proof. I discovered this when I was messing with an end portal on a server when it was half claimed.

If you have a 2 block space above an end portal block, then walk through it, you cannot walk back at all I believe. I don't remember the exqact layout but with some experimentation it's easily used.

Doesn't really matter what we do, as far as I know /spawn isn't coming so a decent pvp area around spawn will be impossible. I'll see what I can do, maybe a pvp arena ?

There's loads of work ahead and I repeat, I need to wait for worldedit to be fixed, building spawn atm is almost impossible.

Instead of disabling enderpearls I want to look into giving them an alternate purpose, and perhaps killing two ostriches with one boulder.

What if you could use an enderpearl to 'select' a type of block using left mouse, like a block of red wool. Then when you throw the enderpearl using right mouse against any block of red wool, you get teleported to the block that you marked. This way people can make their own teleportation network by marking different block types, but requires them to reach new locations on foot first.

In case that you throw your enderpearl against a type of block you didn't mark, or when the marked block was destroyed / doesn't have free space, it could fail while displaying a message. Plus I could prohibit use when you're in combat.

Em, I don't really see where you're going with this, do you have to place the red wool yourself ? Or do you have to punch the block for it to become red wool ?

As far as I know people want LESS restrictions on enderpearls so raiding watercubes is possible. People will be facing new challanges to make their base enderpearl proof.

Fully disabling enderpearls or having to punch a block before you can pearl to it might be good for chases (other guy not pearling away) but then you could also but a /ct on pearls.

1. Make little pvp arena

2. Make /pvp [player name] command

3. The pther player types /pvp accept [player name]

4. They stand still for 4 seconds.

5. They got teleported to the arena and fight.

^^ x10.

So many players can fight.

6. Problem solved

Nice idea, I'll look into it, that would solve a lot, I'll see how far this is possible and where I can implement this pvp arena. If you know the excistance of any /pvp plugin, please let me know that would make a lot easier.